Herbshuttles Indoor Coco Coir Purple Kush Grow

Well you reach a point when just have to make a decision. :) As long as they have had time to get sticky, you know you're gonna have some fun. Me, I'm a little bit skeptical of all the trich lore anyway. I'd like to see some solid science to support it all.

I can't wait!!! When it comes to harvest, what's your preferred method of drying? Was thinking about hanging them by their stems from a string or drying them in one of those tower like drying rack. Maybe leaning towards the latter because I'm not so sure I can properly hang the buds (not all of the colas have those convenient nodes for hanging).

Nebula Haze's site has an excellent rundown on drying/curing. Highly recommended!

I have always hung buds in the past, but this time I just laid the buds on paper shopping bag paper spread out over the SCROG screen, just because it was a convenient, ventilated, odor-controlled horizontal surface. Laying buds down does tend to make flat spots, but I don't care.

My working theory is that you want to dry buds just fast enough to avoid mold but other than that as slow as you can (i.e. no fans). Think of tobacco slowly curing from green to brown in a barn. What I suspect (don't know) is that during that first five days or so of drying, the buds aren't just dropping 75% in weight as they dry, there is also some complex chemistry and even biology going on as the grassy-green components break down, and that drying too fast gets in the way of that. (That's just a personal theory.)

The rule is, though, that when the stalks are dry enough to snap, you put the buds in jars for weeks of carefully controlled curing. I strongly recommend buying a Caliber Mk IV digital humidity meter for curing.

The curing stage is the last stage, but it's an important one, especially if you are a smoker. (Me, I do everything else but smoke. Lately I have been squishing buds in a press, and this time I'm also going to make some dry ice hash. It's fun to try everything. :)

But do please read Nebula's curing instructions. As with all her advice, it is excellent.

I'll def check that out! I've been told a fan is necessary though because of smell. That if you dry without good air circulation it will get a hay like smell. I guess it's just finding the right balance.

I decided to start flushing because I'd say around 85-90% of the hairs are orange/red/brown and everything's frosty. Still some long pistils but I think they'll be fine. Would rather not wait too long and adjust for further grows depending on the outcome. Hoping for a good one!

Hi there HS :ciao:

Those buds look amazing and they have gotten quite frosty in the past weeks, I wonder though, do you think they can go another few days? Since they are both from seed one may mature faster than the other. In my opinion harvesting before the plant cannibalizes most of the sugars still in the fan leaves will change the flavor when smoked.

I would be drooling over those plants every day. :bravo:

Hi there HS :ciao:

Those buds look amazing and they have gotten quite frosty in the past weeks, I wonder though, do you think they can go another few days? Since they are both from seed one may mature faster than the other. In my opinion harvesting before the plant cannibalizes most of the sugars still in the fan leaves will change the flavor when smoked.

I would be drooling over those plants every day. :bravo:

Oh I'm definitely drooling over them. Want to harvest them now so bad but I may give them a few more days to make sure the flush got out all the nutes in the media and the plant used up all its nutes

Found some amber trichomes here and there on both plants buds actually. So I'll probably harvest tomorrow because they're indica which are supposed to be better with milky trichomes

Back
Top Bottom