Herbshuttles Indoor Coco Coir Purple Kush Grow

Because I know with almost certainty that they are tyrophagus putrescentiae, and they seem to be doing well for themselves (always coming back around the pots a couple days after drenches or being wiped away) I must ask myself HOW they are doing so well. If they eat mold, fungi, decaying or organic matter, they must have a pretty good supply. I don't see any mold or fungus anywhere plus my humidity is usually 50% and below. Just the stuff that builds up around the fabric pots which is like a copper color sometimes white, that I assumed was from the nutes. But they are all up in the coco even on the top so I cant even say they are just feeding off of that. I'm so lost haha. Anyways, if I can find out what makes them thrive I can simply take that away. Could it be something I'm feeding with? Floralicious plus?

But I also should add that I do not believe they are doing my plant damage. The roots that I can observe look healthy and it seems like I have a great system of those small hairlike roots everywhere. I think my problem was caused by a lockout , or maybe by what the mites are eating.

did a nice 10 gallon flush on each plant.

Ah, we do love to flush. ;) Actually, from the look of those leaves, I'm guessing that you still have an abundance of nutrients in there so a flush might actually do some good.

I'm going to take a wild guess that what's turning those leaves brown like that is light burn? I don't have a good feel for LED lights so it's hard for me to say. As always, Nebula Haze's symptom checker is a great source.

I'm glad your mite buddies are staying out of the buds!

Me, I keep thinking that I'm almost done. (At 111 days from seed and 10 weeks from flip it's seems like I should be...) but my trichs are still mostly clear and the buds keep developing, and OMG, she's eating like a pig! If I wait a week to change the reservoir, the pH falls to 5.2 (from about 6.1) and the PPMS are dropping about 20 per day. You'd think that when it's done with its stretch that it would eat less, but in late flower mine is eating more than ever! Still learning...

The leaves are what prompted me to do the flush actually. I don't believe its light burn because I saw the same exact thing on lower leaves which were much lower and shaded even. Plus the tallest cola is above 20" away from the light, and the rest are at least 24" which is what is recommended in the company's manual and what I've kept em at.

After typing that I second guessed myself and looked up the manual for the lights online and they say 24" in veg and to bring it down to 18" for flower. Wow I feel stupid. I hope it didn't affect them too much in a negative way. But I thought they were looking ok actually which is odd.

10 weeks?!? Wow that's crazy how'd you know to not start flushing?

The mites are staying out of the buds but not my mind because I'm not totally positive they aren't messing up my girls and they also kind of creep me out hahaha

Starting to wonder if Pythium or some other fungi or mold is attacking the roots and feeding the mites. I've done some research and it would make sense considering the brown spots. Plus the past few weeks or so I've notice somewhat of a strange smell . Only thing is that smell came after the azamax drench and nuke em drench I believe, which is what I assumed was the cause. Plus, the medium is coco coir and the pots are The fabric air pots and temp is 73-76 and rh is 45-60% at all times. Doesn't seem to be the best environment for mold or fungus but I have watered close to the light shut off time here and there and I also have given it more warm water as opposed to cold to avoid shocking the roots. Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

. Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

I guess my thought would be don't overthink it. As long as the bugs are under control and the buds are growing, you're doing well. As for smell, you sure it's not the plant? ;) Mine always seem to go through a period in early flower where they smell a little sulfurous. But of course bug stuff can smell too. Neem oil smells quite unpleasant.

Yeah it smells like a mix of the two treatments,which gives off a smell similar to a slight mustiness, plus. I'll do everything I can to make sure they are good. Flowers haven't progressed as much as I thought they would though they have gotten slightly bigger. Heard they really show better the last week though

So I have Air Conditioning ppl here fixing my ac, had to turn off the carbon filter at around 8 am. It's been off and they are still here!! I had the door to the room locked and I came to check when they were busy and it was unlocked! Jesus Christ. So not only is it hot as hell inside the tent from no carbon filter, but they haven't gotten fed, but I also believe they might have trespassed in the room. I never knew it took over 8 hours to fix an ac.....

I love living in a legal zone. All those concerns just fall away... well, not heat and humidity, I guess, but those are seldom an issue on the rainy northern Pacific coast. :)

I'm jealous. Blows my mind that a plant is illegal but hey it is what it is. At least I'm not hurting anybody in any way.

Do you know how to change a carbon filter? The cloth surrounding it is starting to turn a dark color. Do I have to buy an entirely new carbon filter or do I just replace the cloth on the outside? I'm new to this. Can't find any info online. Hard to believe that you need to buy a new carbon filter every 8 months I'd assume there's something I just switch out.

Me, i just have strips of carbon filter material glued into a column that's sealed at one end and a fan blowing into that. It was cheap and works well enough.

The "cloth surrounding" is probably a prefilter to keep dust from clogging up the active filter part? If so, maybe you could just strip and wash? Dunno.

I read one guy who said he worked in the filtration industry and that you can just boil (?) or soak carbon filters in hot water(?) -- google search--reactivate them.

I forgot to check my plants on time again and they are in their dark time. I need to see how the PPMs are doing since they are eating like pigs a weak or two before harvest.

Last day of week 6 flowering. Should I start using dry kook bloom tomorrow (for all of week 7) to push these girls a little bit? Then flush for week 8 and harvest in week 9? I'm feeling like bud production should have been further along by now but this is my first flower run. Thoughts ? I'm going on vacation the end of May so I was really hoping they'd be done by then.

Back
Top Bottom