Herbshuttles Indoor Coco Coir Purple Kush Grow

And just want to add that i won't harvest until they're ready regardless, even if it means getting somebody I trust to handle them for a few days. I just wanted to gather opinions

Last day of week 6 flowering. Should I start using dry kook bloom tomorrow (for all of week 7) to push these girls a little bit? Then flush for week 8 and harvest in week 9? I'm feeling like bud production should have been further along by now but this is my first flower run. Thoughts ? I'm going on vacation the end of May so I was really hoping they'd be done by then.
My .02: I just use the basic GH 3-bottle solution from seed to harvest (plus cal-mag because our water doesn't have any). That alone has worked great for me. People seem to want some magic extra secret sauce beyond NPK fertilizer, and as far as I can see, there isn't any (though the marketing people would sure have you thinking other wise!).

As for vacation, "the cows don't know it's Sunday" as my father used to say--the plants have their own timetable and they don't care about yours! (A simple pump on a timer can make life a lot easier.)

In my world, I switched my plant over to "Ripen" nutes this week (last step in the GH schedule) even though the trichs are still clear. That might have been a mistake. The buds keep getting bigger and bigger, though, so no complaints!

So would you suggest not skipping week 7 on the GH chart then? Didn't think I would need a full 9 weeks but then again it's not about what I feel haha. when would you normally switch to ripen nutes ? Like any visual cues asides change in pistil color and trichomes getting milky?

Ripen is pretty easy cuz you switch to that in the last week when it's clearly time to wind things up. That's why I said I felt funny about going to that. I spent three weeks in "late flower" and it just seems like it's time, but the trichs are still clear. I haven't grown this before (White Widow photo), so I'm making things up as I go along. And like I said, that two weeks of 14 hours of light seem like it was effectively about the same as 18, so she has hand a long run in flower. Buds keep growin' though!

To answer your question, I would not skip a week. I have stayed longer in certain growth phases though. I mean, if flowers are still just really getting started, I'm not gonna switch to "mid flower." I'll keep giving early flower for another week.

I don't think it's all that critical until you get to the end and start tapering off on nutrients. I don't want to starve the poor thing when it's still trying to make buds! That's why I'm thinking twice about going in to "ripen" stage. (Actually, I cheated a little bit and gave it an extra 25% of FloraMicro and FloraBloom.) I'm makin' this up as I go along! But if you're looking at your plant every day and know what the different growth stages, I think it's pretty easy to stay pretty close to the ideal.

And I guess that's another reason that I don't like adding a lot of extra stuff. It just adds a bunch of random factors. If I grew the same plant under the same conditions over and over, then I'd feel like I could experiment more, but as it is just following the boring basic schedules with basic nutes makes plenty of weed without too many surprises. (I have gotten behind on cal-mag twice in this grow when I let my diluted, recirculating nutes go for over a week.)

Ripen is the week before flush. Dunno nuthin' 'bout Kool Bloom. Catchy name, but what's in it? Just more N, P, and K plus micros I imagine. I've already got that covered, and you don't need anything else. There is no secret sauce.

Hey HS -- I was downstairs looking at the plant and took some snapshots and thought I'd share. I have a 2' x 2' screen of 40 smallish flowers (half ounce each maybe?), but I'm pretty happy with that with only about 175 watts or so. You can see that I have made some mistakes (e.g. burned tips and tacoed, discolored leaves after letting the Ca/Mg get too low a couple of times), but the buds look good.

BTW, I saw a couple of amber trichs among all the clear ones today, so she's getting closer. I'm thinking harvest weekend after next or so?

Hey HS -- I was downstairs looking at the plant and took some snapshots and thought I'd share. I have a 2' x 2' screen of 40 smallish flowers (half ounce each maybe?), but I'm pretty happy with that with only about 175 watts or so. You can see that I have made some mistakes (e.g. burned tips and tacoed, discolored leaves after letting the Ca/Mg get too low a couple of times), but the buds look good.

BTW, I saw a couple of amber trichs among all the clear ones today, so she's getting closer. I'm thinking harvest weekend after next or so?

I'd Be happy with those!! They look great!! Mine look like they've barely gotten bigger. Only difference I can actually notice is they get frostier each day and the hairs are changing to like an orange red color. But the buds seem to be the same. Took some pics today (week 7 day 4). Let me know if you think they are on the right track and how much of a time difference is between our two (not that that would be a perfect estimate for me considering they are two different strains and plants). Just so I could have an idea maybe

They're maturing--quite a field of flowers there.
Looks like you're starting to get a little frost on the leaves, too, but not a lot. Can you increase the light without damaging the upper story?
There is clearly a history of lots of nitrogen with that super deep green color and a little clawing.

I'm not sure because the top colas are 18-19 inches away (just under what's recommended for flowering. I wouldn't want to damage them because their the nicest colas. But I did think about that. Yeah it's had a history of high nitrogen but the blurple lights are probably the culprit of that dark green look. Leaves look like a nice green with lights off.

I'm mainly just wondering if I should continue to follow gh's schedule or repeat week 7 because week 8 is supposed to be ripen nutes and week 9 is flush and I'm on the 5th day of week 7. However I've heard some strains are procrastinators and explode in bud size the last 2 weeeks. Tough decision

The official GH schedule doesn't repeat weeks, but Nebula Haze's version of the GH schedule does has notations about repeating I think early and mid bloom as needed. For sure I wouldn't every go into a late bloom regimen with white pistils.

That's what's kind of fun about all this is the art of deciding making the call.

My buds aren't procrastinators so much as troopers--they just keep slowly growing and growing. They aren't huge, but there are 40 of them! :)

Hey HS--Here's a snapshot of half of my White Widow SCROG harvest. I got tired of waiting for all my trichs to turn cloudy and wanted to get the tent down and the flowers in jars before people come to visit so last weekend I chopped.

One and a half pounds wet of flowers came off the plant, so I figure about 170 grams cured weight. They aren't big (biggest is about 28 grams wet), but there are six dozen of them and they are almost annoyingly sticky. I think it went well for only about 175 actual watts over a 2' x 2' scrog.

Hey HS--Here's a snapshot of half of my White Widow SCROG harvest. I got tired of waiting for all my trichs to turn cloudy and wanted to get the tent down and the flowers in jars before people come to visit so last weekend I chopped.

One and a half pounds wet of flowers came off the plant, so I figure about 170 grams cured weight. They aren't big (biggest is about 28 grams wet), but there are six dozen of them and they are almost annoyingly sticky. I think it went well for only about 175 actual watts over a 2' x 2' scrog.

Looks beautiful !!! Can't wait to see what they look like cured and ready!!

Mine are on week 8 day 5 of flowering. I'm going to start flushing Saturday (start of week 9) and I plan to flush at least for a week, or until they're ready for harvest. Pistils are still too white and long for my liking. Any suggestions/tips? They may not be the biggest buds, but they are very very sticky and dank! My finger reeks after barely touching a bud! Can't wait for the final product.

Sticky and dank are good! :)
Me, I wouldn't start to flush while pistils are still white. That seems premature and like leaving money on the table if you know what I mean. How are the trichs looking?

Sticky and dank are good! :)
Me, I wouldn't start to flush while pistils are still white. That seems premature and like leaving money on the table if you know what I mean. How are the trichs looking?
So repeat week 8 then? I'll check again in a second, I remember most being clear maybe a few milky here and there

Only thing is over 50% of pistils are now red/orange and everyday its a larger %. Trich's are developed for the most part. Not all milky but they are indicas, and I'm told indicas are better harvested when trichomes have the bulb developed and starting to get milky while sativa is better amber.

Back
Top Bottom