Here we grow

CO2
Elevating carbon dioxide levels can increase growth speed a great deal, perhaps even double it. It seems that the plant evolved in primordial times when natural CO2 levels were many times what they are today. The plant uses CO2 for photosynthesis to create sugars it uses to build plant tissues. Elevating the CO2 level will increase the plants ability to manufacture these sugars and plant growth rate is enhanced considerably. CO2 can be a pain to manufacture safely, cheaply, and/or conveniently, and is expensive to set up if you use a CO2 tank system. CO2 is most usable for flowering, as this is when the plant is most dense and has the hardest time circulating air around its leaves. This is why i say fan's are a must..

If your strictly growing vegetatively indoors, (transferring your plants outdoors to flower), then CO2 will not be a major concern unless you have a sealed greenhouse, closet or bedroom, and wish to increase yield and decrease flowering time. For a medium sized indoor operation, one approach is to used CO2 canisters from wielding supply houses. This is expensive initially, but fairly inexpensive in the long run. These systems are good only if your area is not too big or too small.

I USE A LIQUID PROPANE GENERATOR IN THE WINTER AND CO2 CANISTER IN SUMMER..
MY GENERATOR IS A SIX BURNER AND IT PUTS OUT HEAT BUT IT WILL GENERAT ABOUT 36 CU. FT. PER HOUR..

THE MOST IMPORTENT THING IS PLENTY OF FRESH AIR AND PROPER VENTILATION...

MOST GROWERS SEE A BIG INCREASE IN YIELD WHEN USEING CO2. BUT THEY WOULD HAVE SEEN ABOUT THE SAME THING IF THEY WOULD HAVE HAD PROPER VENTILATION TO START WITH..

SO DON'T WAST YOUR CASH ON CO2 TILL YOU HAVE THE REST OF YOUR ROOM SET UP RIGHT WITH GOOD VENTILATION AND THEN ADD YOUR CO2 AND YOU WILL SEE BIGER AND FATTER BUDS

THE 420TIMES CROSS IS A F1 NOW BUT SOON TO BE A F2

Breeding: What is an F1, F2, and IBL?
An IBL (inbred line) is a genetically homogeneous strain that grows uniformly from seed.
A hybrid is a strain made up of two genetically unlike parents, IBL or hybrid.
When you cross two different IBL strains for the FIRST time, it is called the F1 generation. My 420Times.com is a F1..... When
you cross two of the same F1 hybrid (inbreed), it is called the F2 generation.
The process of selective inbreeding must continue at least until the F4 to stabilize the recurrently
selected traits. When you cross two specimens of an IBL variety, you get more of the same,
because an IBL is homozygous, or true breeding for particular traits.

IM CROSSING MY 420TIMES.COM FOR THE SECOND TIME AND IT WILL BE A F2...

Common Definitions

Nutrient Deficiency Symptoms

NITROGEN - stunted growth and light or chlorotic foliage.

PHOSPHOROUS - stunted, very dark green foliage; lower leaves
may become yellow between veins; monocots have
purple veins.

POTASSIUM - lower leaves with interveinal chlorosis;
browning leaf edges; brownish mottling.

CALCIUM - tip of shoot dies; interveinal chlorosis on
on upper leaves.

MAGNESIUM - lower leaves with interveinal bleaching or
chlorosis and dark green veins; leaf margins
may curl; leaves eventually die.

SULFUR - light green upper leaves with veins lighter
than surrounding tissue.

IRON - upper leaves develop interveinal chlorosis
with green veins.

MANGANESE - interveinal chlorosis of upper leaves; veins
have wider green bands; upper leaves may have
necrotic spots.

COPPER - veinal chlorosis starting in the middle leaves;
a few leaves suddenly wilt and die and then a
few more higher up, etc.

ZINC - malformation of leaves-leaves become
asymmetric.

BORON - dieback of shoot resulting in witch's broom
effect; flowers are deformed when open; stems
and petioles become brittle.

TOXICITY SYMPTOMS

NITROGEN - long internodes; crispy stem.

IRON - dark leaf edges.

MANGANESE - dark brown leaf veins; also iron deficiency
symptoms because too much manganese inhibits
iron uptake.

ZINC - copper deficiency symptoms.

BORON - necrosis of leaf edges.

THANK'S TCS

Tips for a Successful Nutrient Management:

Maintain pH at 5.8 to 6.5 with pH UP and pH DOWN
I KEEP IT AT 6.0 AND IM ALLWAYS ADDING pH DOWN..

If your water is above 200 ppm total or 70 ppm calcium use a hard water formula. MY TAP WATER IS 30 PPM

Keep nutrient temperature between 18-27 C (65-80 F) degrees.
I TRY FOR 72..

If you are using a re-circulating system it is recommended that the nutrient solution be changed every 7-10 days to ensure all nutrients are available.

In hot environments most water loss will be due to water evaporation. This will generally concentrate salt levels in the remaining solution. It is recommend that only fresh water be used to top off your system's reservoir between water changes.

In tanks over 20 gallons a good rule of thumb is the "fresh water allowance system". Once you have added 50% of the original nutrient solution's volume in fresh water, it is time to replace your nutrient

THANK'S TCS

Nice info Plug, your definatly knowledgable in this field

berrydizzle said:
Plugjug,
Yo whats up man, just had aquick question for ya. What are the redish orange balls that you are using as your growing medium in your aeroponic contraption. THat definately looks like the best way to transport to soil.
IT IS HYDROTON CLAY GROWING PEBBLES..

GREAT STUFF.. FOX FARM SENT IT TO ME TOO TRY. AND I LUV IT...

^^ how did you get fox farm to send it to you for you to try it

I guess my question was how come??

im guessing its like a survey thing, they send you some of there merchendise and then you fill out a form on how effective there product was and you have to fill out survey's about there product....

I would like to know how to become apart of this. Thanks in advance PlugJug

My Son's Motocross Team Is Sponsored By Honda Raceing And Fox Farm..
And It Is A Sweet Deal...

But He Is Sponsored By Sun Systems Too And That Is A Sweeter Deal.....
(for me) AS LONG AS HE KEEPS WINING THER HAPPY AND IF THER HAPPY I'M HAPPY.........:cheesygrinsmiley:

wow that is awesome...... NICE

berrydizzle said:
PJ,
so just wondering, are you licensed to grow medical marijuana in cali. If not, how do u have 6 1000 watt lights going at one time. SOlar panels or something?
Berry

YES TO ALL..

MY WIFE MY OLDEST SON (22) AND MYSELF HAVE ARE CARDS..

I HAVE 9 1000W MH
7 1000W HP
6 48" NEW WAVE T5 FLUORESCENTS
4 48" SHOP FLUORESCENTS
FANS, CO2,WATER PUMPS, AIR CON. LIGHT MOVERS,AIR PURIFICATION FILTERS.. AND THEY ALL RUN AT SUM POINT IN THE DAY/NIGHT..

AND YES WE ARE RUNING ON FREE POWER FROM THE SUN (SOLAR)...

4-8-Granite-Bay-thumb.jpg

PJ-
THANks for answering all my questions man. You are the man, those solar panels are freakin sweet. GOT another question for ya. WHat are you using as your growing medium for your soil plants. ANy cool mixes that you have found to work really good. WHats a good size pot to have if your going to grow a 4 foot plant. ANd a question for your aeroponics machine. Do u put the clones right in the aero thing from clones all the way to flowering, or do u start the clones in your ezclone machine that you made. ANd by the way, its badass that you made your own one of them. PEace man :allgood:

Those solar panels are the best, what is the cost for geting something like that going ?
I dont get why we dont see these on all new homes from now on.

I was reading where Ontario will soon offer Canada's first subsidy to homeowners or businesses that install solar electric power.
its a program where you can sell all the electricity generated to the utility at 42 cents per kilowatt-hour then buy back the power from the utility at the current rate, which is now less than six cents a kilowatt-hour.

setting up a solar-powered system may prove to be expensive for a typical homeowner as it can cost between $20,000 and $30,000.

Selling back the power would generate about $1,500 a year for the homeowner who would then buy their power from the utility at the current rate, which is now less than six cents a kilowatt-hour.

It could take as long as 20 years to break even. However, the systems are built to last 40 years or longer, which could mean plenty of time to profit in the long run.

how long have you had solar ?
and how does it work for you ?
are you totaly OFFLINE so to speak ?

Solar powered grow lights coolest thing ever,

and selling power to the man at 7 times the going rate .... priceless .

Back
Top Bottom