Herm question

Davegg34

Had 1 of 6 GSC throw a few pollen sacs on me. Pull of what I could. It's actually the mother of them all. I found all sacs low on the plant and removed the whole branch from the stalk. I found two that appeared open. I'm kind of stuck on what to do with it. I watch it daily for any new sac growth and haven't seen any. I have other plants in flower. Week 5. Same as Gsc. Will one or two sacs potentially be fatal to the other plants? If I have to take it down i will but it's growing excellent. Any experiences?

from what i seen with outdoor grow is crazy with just a few sacked poping it can pollenate everything else. Now with that being in a close room with fans blowing around it can only mean one thing disaster :thedoubletake: but stay frosty you may have got lucky i have seen lower pollen sackes to be empty not all the time the best thing you can do now is waited it out and keep a close eye out :adore:

One or two sacs won't be fatal to other plants, just knock them up. You won't have to buy seeds for a long time, if you let them mature, and be more careful next time. You might luck out and have some buds with just a few seeds. Just pluck them out and process the rest.

You will see the flower calyxes swell. You can poke some with a toothpick and see if there seems to be something hard inside. You can also dissect a few and see if they are swollen and full of swollen and empty. The pistils on pollinated flowers will brown but that is not a sure sign as pistils will brown in flower over time.

Don't use any seeds you get unless in an emergency. Seeds from hermie plants make plants more likely to hermie. An endless cycle of nightmare pollen sac hunting.

Alright, thanks guys. I have clones that I pulled from this plant. I'm gonna dump them I think. I don't want to risk it

Back
Top Bottom