Hi and any old Overgrowers?

Sparker

Hey everybody!

Just saying hello and seeing if any old buds (pun intended) from the old Overgrow (dot) com days were around. Like from maybe 5 years ago? lol

Use to be heavily into those forums back in the day. Through a series of circumstances I quit growing. Like police helipad moving right next to my house and my 1000 watt light exploded. Plus my illness got worse and the physical labor became too much.

Not that I've quit smoking though :ganjamon: so I thought I'd check out where all the cool kids are hanging out these days. What's more fun than discussing good herb and looking at all the purty pictures :drool:

So hello everybody from Sparker in Austin, TX!

HI, WELCOME to 420magazine.
I think the majority of us here are old Overgrowers. I was an Overgrow mod back in the day. We still have the Overgrow FAQ on this website so you can still check it out!

Awesome! Wow I can't believe the amazing faq still lives!!

We had some fun back then. I remember I won the contest for naming Bushyoldgrowers first batch of seeds Bogglegum! That was like one of the happiest days of my life, hahah.

Such a shame my epic garden with rare strains are no longer with us (err me at least, lol) Sent clones to people maybe their lineage lives. X-13, Sweettooth#3, Bogglegum, you name it.

Needless to say I've been seriously considering popping some of these Rainbow Brite and Ricky Williams seeds in the old grow room. Trying to decide if I want to go ahead and buy an LED grow light- if I do it's on! Spending all this $$ on herb over the years I could have bought a warehouse full of lights.

Well time to go burn the last bud of Shoreline I got left ;)

How it going Sparker?:welcome: Fellow OG as well:peace:. Glad your aboard here on 420! Yes BOG had great stuff. But it is all 420 now! This place is great, the best staff ever on a Cannabis site! The Members and Grower all top shelf! No BS here just awesome info, super Grower journals and just plain fun! So read up and get that grow going Buddy! Tons of info on LEDs', Journals and grows popping up daily. It's really taking off. Best of luck in the future. Stop making your dealer rich! See you around the forums. :roorrip:

Ive been growing since 1984 and i"m 53 years old.....does that count?.....lol

:ganjamon::welcome:

Not to one-up you there but I started growing in '72 and I'm 55. Gotta count for something, right?

I may get older but I refuse to grow up!

Thank god my girls don't feel the same!

I shall have a toke of honey-hash in your honor.

:peace:

I guess I better chime in...lol Welcome Labrat.......

But did you live in Hollywood in 1969?.......living on the streets

Got to go to all those free concerts in Griffin park............

But I bet you got some stories to tell ................
:welcome::grinjoint:

>No. but I was in Belmont in '69<

Heard about those. I was stuck in Vancouver, BC listening to the likes of Alice Cooper and Led Zeppelin in the acoustic garbage can that was the Collosium at the PNE grounds.

I do have a small tattoo on my left pectoral area that Lyle Tuttle inked on me for $15 in San Francisco '69. Gotta get brownie points for that eh? I went back to see my cousin Doug get married off in '74. Made a major fool of myself drinking MD 20/20. Good times for sure.

Met a nice lady in southern Oregon in '91 when I went down to see my old fishing buddy with my young sons. I met a lot of nice ladies in S.O. come to think of it. But Jenny was the best. Her and her son came up to Canada to spend a great New Years week with me and my boys and I went down there a couple of times if only to spend a night with her. She wasn't pretty, but she was HOT!

The best month of my life I swear.

I guess that was one right there.

440 ci of fire breathing Dodge Cornet and not enough blacktop ...

Easy getting the Cessna in the air but who the fuck is landing this sucker ...

Don't worry, it's only 240 volts ...

Trust me. It won't hurt a bit ...

You too man. There's always fun junk in the attic. It may not have been that funny thirty years ago but it's worth a laugh now. It's one of humanities greatest traits. The ability to laugh at our own foibles. I got plenty to laugh about and they're not all my own foibles either!

Toke long and hard and think back ... through time and space ... try not to laugh ... I dare you!

:peace:

Yes those were some good times, I count myself lucky to be in the middle of it, lots of good and bad times...lol ...,Hich hiked around the US for a few years got stuck in the middle of nowhere several times.....But Thats another story.........:Rasta:

Hi Sparker, we used to live on lake Travis in Lakeway....I miss going down to 6 th street after work every Friday night for happy hour.....we still take weekend trips to Austin for the fun..... toke on brother and enjoy where you live.:Rasta:

Got to throw in my bit. 1968-69 can't remember exact time or much of anything sometimes, but I was in San Fran at the Avalon Ballroom and caught Pink Floyd, was the good old days, shity light show that was some how fascinating, and we all sit on the floor and passed along whatever.:peace:

Got to throw in my bit. 1968-69 can't remember exact time or much of anything sometimes, but I was in San Fran at the Avalon Ballroom and caught Pink Floyd, was the good old days, shity light show that was some how fascinating, and we all sit on the floor and passed along whatever.:peace:

Me and my wife LOVE Pink Floyd. We have seen them 3 times over the years, Fantastic light show...did you know it takes like 6 semi-es of equipment for one of there shows,I just wish they were still around. We ate Brownies every concert.........:yummy::Rasta:

A buddy of mine was the sound man for The Chocolate Watchband.

I think we rode dinosaurs to grade school. How about you guys?

Good one Firestone, I'll have to use that one.......

I got to Roadie for Charley Danial's band, watched the show from behind some amps....it was great he's a nice old guy......... Got a big 8x10 of him and me and my wife.
:Rasta:

Me and my wife LOVE Pink Floyd. We have seen them 3 times over the years, Fantastic light show...did you know it takes like 6 semi-es of equipment for one of there shows,I just wish they were still around. We ate Brownies every concert.........:yummy::Rasta:

Not sure how to say this, but I too love Floyd, some of the best music ever.
Now it's elevator music for Christ's sake. Shame on people in the present:smokin:.

Good one Firestone, I'll have to use that one.......

I got to Roadie for Charley Danial's band, watched the show from behind some amps....it was great he's a nice old guy......... Got a big 8x10 of him and me and my wife.
:Rasta:

No shit? The CDB and Marshall Tucker Band always played Christmas/New Years shows together in the town I grew up near. Sometimes Skynyrd would play with them,other times the Outlaws. Great shows and those guys would jam together all night.

BTW,if Entam or Sunshine Sounds rings a bell we may have met way back when.

Back
Top Bottom