Hi everyone I'm Nipper10, Steve: looking for any help on my first grow

Hi @Nipper10

Welcome to :420:

Why are you thinking of flushing? I'm not a soil grower but there have been a lot of misconceptions around it.

Anyhow, here's some links to help you get started on the forum.

Flushing before harvest is kind of useless. You really are not flushing anything out of the plants, just the soil (several scientific studies have proven this) , and why deprive the plant of nutrients while it is working hard to finish. What has worked for me (and others) is once you decide the plant is ready for harvest, put it in total darkness for 2-3 days before harvesting. The plant will use up the sugars in the leaves/plant. Sugars make for a harsher smoke. I've tried it both with and without putting them in darkness, same strain, same grow, same tent, lights, etc. and there was a difference I could taste. (I hate anectdotal evidence, but it's all I have)

Welcome aboard N10,

drop a chair and a journal so we can follow along, yeah you can flush some chemical salts out of grow media but you can’t wash nutes out of your buds or improve taste by rinsing the roots

however some nute manufacturers like fox farms recommends a flush at certain intervals, I trust their science and instructions for best use of their system.

most here feed right up to the end but if you choose to flush then you should follow up with a feed, no since starving your girl on her final push to fatten up your flowers

Slow drying is all that is needed regardless. Any harshness is used up during the slow dehydration. Low temp over 10-14 days. Flushing is a myth that comes from commercial growing. the huge industrial grows save a lot of money in nute use by flushing ( not using on their part !) against a small loss in yield from starvation overall. For the amount we harvest , that difference would matter and does. Welcome aboard the fun 420 train. Be nosey and dive into folks grows , comment and ask any questions that come to mind and you will find many new growmies to walk along with. Be well

I used to flush every grow (because someone told me to), then IntheShed and a few other folks showed me the ‘real’ data. Just did my first flushless finish with a 3 day dark period. Still needs a cure, but after a week drying it has more resin and terpenes than I normally do with this strain. I’ll never flush again. Ever. I can’t even imagine how much yield I’ve left on the table during flush week(s) over the years….shame….

I used to flush every grow (because someone told me to), then IntheShed and a few other folks showed me the ‘real’ data. Just did my first flushless finish with a 3 day dark period. Still needs a cure, but after a week drying it has more resin and terpenes than I normally do with this strain. I’ll never flush again. Ever. I can’t even imagine how much yield I’ve left on the table during flush week(s) over the years….shame….
Good to hear @sneekymofo

About the only thing you wash out of the soil with the flush are your micro-herd and maybe a bit of excess Nitrogen. In flower cannabis doesn't require a lot of N so adding too much during flower is wasteful. Better to use less N based nutrients in flower you won't have any N issues.

Back
Top Bottom