hi from Manchester

stevefac51

Hi my name is Steve from Manchester UK. pretty new to this site and find it entertaining & educating.
about me. I'm 47 and have smoked weed in various forms since I was 15/16, so it has been a big part of my life. I'm and old skool raver who Lived on the Hacienda dance floor from 88-96.
in 1998 I met a guy who had just returned from the Netherlands where he had worked on commercial grows. at this time in the UK home grown hydro skunk was on no ones radar. so we rented a cheap house in just the right place and started our growing careers. within a couple of years we had 4 house on the go. we lived by the golden rules, pay your bills, be a good nieghboor, don’t be greedy and move on after 18-24 months leaving house in better condition than when we moved in. life was sweet until the builders moved in next door to our most productive house. but instead of shutting down until they have finished , we had 4 weeks until crop which averaged we carried on until they where done. by this time the builders had sussed out what we were doing and had informed our neighbour who, rather than speak to us which could have been very profitable for them decided to speak to greater Manchester police. they then keep me under surveillance for 6 weeks before busting all 3 grows, and my home on sunny summer morning in august 2005. It was at the time the biggest bust on cannabis farms in the GMP area. so early 2006 I found myself sat in strange ways starting a 2 year stretch. luckily they never found my cash so the wife and kids had plenty to survive the 1 years I was away early release good boy me). on my release I went back to my day job before my farming career. by then cannabis farms where popping up every where run by illegal immigrants and it was headline news everywhere. so landlords where keen as fuck and renting was a nightmare and by now a total no grow (sorry for the pun) so for a couple of years money no longer grew on trees at my house! then in 2009 I met a lady whom I struck up a good friendship with who loved to smoke weed !!! her house had the perfect cellar so we set up a 16 plant grow in aqua farms and started to grow some good lovely weed . everything was going great until she would wait no longer for me to leave my missus (and that was never going to happen). so the grow was taken down in 2012 and we went our different ways. so again no more farming !!!!. then last year my eldest daughter moved out leaving a perfect grow room !!! so after hours of persuasion my wife let me invest in a tent. as a joiner by trade I could set up a room within the spare room that looks like an-suit and now have the perfect space for my 4x4 green room tent. and now I'm about 3 weeks away from my first crop. and love having my green girls back in my life. when I started growing in what seems like a different world there was no internet, hardly any grow shops and everything cost a fortune how different it is now. so roll on my first crop in my new tent.
would like to post a few pics of my babies but it wont let me :phew::phew:

Hey Steve, welcome to 420, its an amazing site with a really great community of growers! Im a UK guy myself and have made this wondrous place my second home :) I hope you find your time here just as informative and fun as I have.

Oh and 420 is just having a few issues at present, so this is probably the reason you cant upload at mo! The moderators are on it so normal service should resume soon.
Best of buds :)

stevefac51, we want to :welcome: you to :420:. We are glad that you are here. I loved your story. I can relate to some of the things you have done. I was a bad boy myself a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. New Member Start Links has a lot of interesting links that may amuse you. We always try to share knowledge with others here. It is wonderful that you have previous growing experience. Perhaps you can share some tips with other members that have questions. The Frequently Asked Questions is a great place to look for answers to questions or to ask questions or to respond to questions other members have asked. Look around and have fun. :peace:

:welcome: stevefac51 :high-five: you chose the best site to learn, share and most importantly (to me),

laugh while sharing & learning from my 420 friends. Great intro, I'm old school too, try this :passitleft:

Feel free to drop by my indoor/outdoor journal aka "my yard" and say hello, ask anything you'd like, see a cool plant & hopefully,

share something with us, or share a comment. You will get a warm 420 welcome and I'm always happy to have a new visitor or

participator. The link is below, take a peek at "Fluxy Lady in full restraint", browse around, you'll see some

unique pics and informative shares, from new first time growers to some veteran, experienced growers, from all over the world.

This grow style you can see thru the link below, has produced many award winning plants here at 420.

Enjoy the 420 family we have here, you'll find no better site!:circle-of-love:

20140519_181947.jpg
20140519_181947.jpg
20140519_181943.jpg
20140519_181943.jpg
20140519_181939.jpg
20140519_181939.jpg
20140519_181931.jpg

UK laws suck am north of border from Manchester :) hoping if Scotland goes independant they will legalise canabis and get Blackmarket money off the streets not to mention the bad quality people try to pass off as the green Queen, home growing is a must the beneficial health factors for MS , Arthritis,Huntingtuns even menapause only to mention a few .
Wicked site but really jelous sometimes
Am thinking of moving to Jamaica Scotland just ain't got the heat lol
All the best to all love the grow journals , makes me feel part of all the ladies growing but only a virtual smoke to enjoy at the end :-(
1 day my friends It might be me posting a journal and share :)
I didn't win the lottery this week so maybe next week I'll win that move to Jamaica lol

Love the love everyone shows :)

Hi Steve, I'm a noob here myself and I live in the NW of England. Being a similar age to yourself I've had one or two messy nights in the late 80's/90's hehehe. The rave scene was a great back in the day, Monroes, Angels & Cream were amongst my favourite venues.
On the weed front, I started growing for percy about 8 years ago. I did perfectly fine for 6 years then all of a sudden it all went pete tong so I've been through a couple of years where nothing would grow. If I did manage to germinate seeds, which became rare, they would all fail at various stages for unknown reasons. I finally had success on my last seed and managed a grow in a soil/coco mix & fed on the remnants of various miss matched nutes. Hurray! It looks like the growroom curse has left. I have just invested in some new gear. I'm going to try growing in coco for the 1st time & use plant magic nutes as they are supposed to work great & suit UK water. I'm also going to try airpots instead of my old auto pots. My current dilemma is whether to buy some LED lights for my next grow

personally i know nothing about LED but i just cant see how they could offer a better solution to a 600w HPS. you can feed them the best of the best in any medium you like but if they got no light they will not grow. you may save money on eleci bill but i would always stick with the HPS
20140525_121657.jpg
20140525_121657.jpg
20140525_121627.jpg
20140525_121633.jpg
20140525_121651.jpg

stick with what works

Back
Top Bottom