High Brix Method: Organic Super Soil

I would think not much at the end of the day. The goal I would think is the same. Grow really healthy plants.
Here is what I have. I made it and cooked it for 8 weeks. I filled a 10Gal air pot with it and stuck an Afghan Kush my cousin gave me in it. At first it burned a bit, but now its just doing fine.

Here is my soil recipe. I am new. I am a beginner. Please advise if you wish.

-1.5 Cubic Ft Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil
-1.5 Cubic Ft Reclaimed F.F.O.F. & ETC.Soil.
-1 Cubic Ft 1 Bag Nobles Worm Organics Soil Remedy (25Lbs EWC)
-2 lbs Seabird/Bat Guano Combo
-8 Qts Miracle Gro Prelite (W/ Miracle Gro Nutes by mistake)
-2 lbs Diatomite Rock
-2 Cup Diatomaceous earth
-2 Cup Azomite
-2 Cup Fish Bone Meal
-2 Cup Bone Meal
-2 Cup Blood Meal
-2 Cup Glacial Rock Dust
-2 Cup CALPHOS (colloidal phosphate and calcium)
-2 Cup Humic Acid
-2 Cup Lime
-1 Cup Epsom Salt
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADDED 4 Gallons of RO water. PH'd W/Molasses, Kelp & Superthrive.

Mixed in 55 GAL Rain Barrel. Started Cooking 5/23/14

clones look like crap! yellowing no roots, day 7. Thats all i got to say about that(forrest gump)
onewatpergram,
I am very interested in learning brix & organics for growing cannabis & for my tomato garden. So if you don't mind i'll sit in on your grow. i just got caught up on your journal and just waiting for more great info. Just a suggestion for next time you do clones. 1st. feed the mother a dose of bloom fert. about 4 days before taking the cuttings, 2d. soak your rockwool cubes in 5.2 ph water/mild fertilizer solution overnight. rest of your method was spot on !!
Also, I'd like to know if this method adds any offensive odors ? All my growing experience has been with pro mix, sunshine, and ocean forest & I use all their ferts.
I'll be reading and learning. Thanks !!

Hey 420 people !

I am putting together my own Cationic drench using; Fish hydrolysate, Ammonium Phosphate and Ammonium Sulfate. (Is this the complete list of ingredients for a Cationic drench?)

BUT, I don´t want to experiment too wildly with the concentration and the balance between the ingredients in the ready mixed Cat drench, and I want to start somewhere in the ballpark so I don´t either burn the plants or get zero to too little effect from the drench.

How much of each ingredient would you add to say, 1 liter of water or 1 gallon of water, to make a potent Cat drench without it being too concentrated?
Does the mixture require aeration or some type of activator or catalyst?

The reason for me making my own and not ordering straight from Doc Bud is that I cannot risk it with importing liquids or powders to my country (I don´t want nor need the attention from customs).

Also I can source the raw materials locally.

I am also wondering about the "Growth Energy".

I have found Calcium Nitrate (Ca(NO3)2) sold in powder form by the bag, this is what it contains:
Nitrogen: 15.5 %
Nitrate 14.4 %
Ammonia 1.1 %
Calcium: 18.8 %

They advertise it as "Almost pure Nitrate".
How much of the powder would be sufficient to add to 1 liter or 1 gallon to make a potent growth energy drench?

Edit;
(I might add algae lime made from Lithothamnium Calcereum algae. (red Algae) containing 32 micronutrients almost every trace element, 75% Calcium Carbonate, 7 % Magnesium Carbonate amino purines and amino acids.)

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom