MassMedMan's Hi Brix Perpetual Featuring 600W LEDs

What is the humidity level in your drying area?

45-60. It fluctuates a little due to environment, but having lost crops last year due to mold I've got a dedicated dehumidifier all programmed, and I'm much more in control of the entire operation. Drying a weak spot for me, but I think I'm getting better. It's much easier to be patient and do it slowly when you have supply, I'll say that.

Have a good one, Jay. :high-five:

Thanks, drying is one of my weak points as well. Everyone says to let the branches dry for 5-7 days but on around day 3 for me at 50% humidity they feel scary dry and the stems are usually snapping, but then it ends up smelling like grass after the cure. So I'm really trying to nail down the process this time since I am growing some stuff worth smoking.

Do your buds feel super dry before going into jars? Any litmus tests you use besides the snapping stem test that might give me more insight?

" Any litmus tests you use besides the snapping stem test that might give me more insight?"
Take an average flower and put it into a jar with a hygrometer, if it climbs past 70% humidity then it is not dry enough. If it is 70% or below it is dry enough to start the "cure". It may take up to 24 hours for it to register. After that it is just burping a couple times a day until it hits 62%.

Thanks, drying is one of my weak points as well. Everyone says to let the branches dry for 5-7 days but on around day 3 for me at 50% humidity they feel scary dry and the stems are usually snapping, but then it ends up smelling like grass after the cure. So I'm really trying to nail down the process this time since I am growing some stuff worth smoking.

Do your buds feel super dry before going into jars? Any litmus tests you use besides the snapping stem test that might give me more insight?

My process now is this. Cut, wash, and hang to drip dry. I like to keep whole branches, but do to limits in my washing containers, five gallon buckets, I cut each branch about ten inches long max.

After they drip dry, they go in my mesh drying chamber for about seven days without me touching them. After seven days, and yes outside fans and sugar leaves are a bit crispy, but after that I give them a good trim. Before I wash I trim of all or most fan leaves so the crispy feeling stuff on the outside is mostly sugar leaves,, I'm okay with them being crispy.... They are protecting my buds... ;)

After the trim, I leave them out for a few hours. Then I put them in containers to sweat. .trying to balance the moisture in the bud. While they sweat, I have a hydrometer watching over them. When it starts to rise above 65, I open it air it out, close it back up.

After a week of sweating. I do a final manicure, then jar them.

At this point I'll snap a branch. But, I can feel the bud and really tell. I might use a boveda pack after sweating them to maintain 62 rh.

But, my stuff isn't sitting around long if you know what I mean.

Each time for me the process is slightly different due to environmental things I can't control.

So, adjustments are made on the fly.. But that's my basic process.....

Good luck, Jay!!

Weekly update for the bloom room

A little lights off -- alive 104 tomorrow and 44 days of flip:

20150810_212037.jpg

20150810_212056.jpg

20150810_212048.jpg

20150810_212010.jpg

20150810_212022.jpg

20150810_211954.jpg

hygrometers measure relative humidity and hydrometers measure specific gravity. :Namaste:

thanks,, I'm sure I'll screw that up again,, but it's good to know

Taking a second to lick muh fingas.

Little umid out today, rain since 10am.

20150811_223140.jpg

20150811_223200.jpg

Some Auto Candy Kush I chopped a few weeks ago.... Can't wait for my Magic Butter Maker!!!!!:thanks::woohoo:

Less than two week old Afghani clone... She'll be next run in Doc's flowering in November. Need to get in a can today,, all three of the Afghani I took look good, this is best:

20150812_082349.jpg

Rained all day and most of night yesterday. So, I took my frustrations out on some plants last night, lots of thinning and cropping. I figure I'm a month out before mother nature takes over and the greenhouse plants go into flower.

I also up canned the three plants still in 1.7g cans, the ones I'm running in Doc's Kit. Three of those plants I'm going to train Graytail style,, lots of super cropping last night. I figure these five below are about a month away from going into the bloom room. So, last night was it for major handling/training. Let then rest up and build hormones for flower.....

20150812_082429.jpg

Less than two week old Afghani clone... She'll be next run in Doc's flowering in November. Need to get in a can today,, all three of the Afghani I took look good, this is best:

20150812_082349.jpg

Rained all day and most of night yesterday. So, I took my frustrations out on some plants last night, lots of thinning and cropping. I figure I'm a month out before mother nature takes over and the greenhouse plants go into flower.

I also up canned the three plants still in 1.7g cans, the ones I'm running in Doc's Kit. Three of those plants I'm going to train Graytail style,, lots of super cropping last night. I figure these five below are about a month away from going into the bloom room. So, last night was it for major handling/training. Let then rest up and build hormones for flower.....

20150812_082429.jpg

I'm curious how the plants do going from aerocloner to soil. Have you tried adding just a smidgeon of Tea to the cloner?

I'm curious how the plants do going from aerocloner to soil. Have you tried adding just a smidgeon of Tea to the cloner?

They've done great, flawless. Yes, this run I added a mil of your tea. Takes about two gallons to fill that. Great results, your plants in that other picture came from that bubble cloner..... Cheap too, 70 bucks I think for 25 sites. I could make it but it's aTVM issue now...

Today was last day of PM and bug regime,, thanks again for that and for stopping by. ;)

Busy afternoon. Put two of the best Afghani clones in one gallons with Doc's soil.

20150812_111956.jpg

20150812_112550.jpg

Then, realizing I was running out of soil I mixed up my second kit

20150812_142851.jpg

20150812_150107.jpg

Now, it's trim time...

Everything looks bomb - bloom room girls are looking like fatties. :)

Yessssss, they are plumping up mighty fine....can't believe tomorrow is day 49 since flip... I need to start checking trics.

Hope all is well for you bro, happy to see you in my neck.

Been buuuusy, every night is a harvest every night is a trim party....

Speaking of trics,, trimming up some fast n vast tonight,,, sticky icky icky

20150813_221321.jpg

20150813_221351.jpg

If anyone wants to try it...For normal sized buds - if the average daytime RH is 50%, take the first number (5) and add one day to it - so 6 days drying. If it's 40%, let them go 5 days, and 80% goes 9. You shouldn't get the grass smell, if you follow this guide.

The grass smell comes either from jarring too early, or from wet trimming and jarring, or both (double grassy). :Namaste:

Those buds look dank M3. :love:

Good info, CS. I will take note of that.

Did a little video tonight.in the bloom room. Little buzzed, maybe I'll edit the audio with music. :cheer:

Forgot I'm not nominated anymore,, lol

Plants do ALL the talking, any way..... Enjoy

[video]

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom