Home Made Aero - Hindu Hash - CFL Grow

Re: Home made Aero- Hindu Hash - CFL grow.

Hello boys and girls, it was a busy day yesterday and didnt have time to post. I have pics and updates to make up for it though.

Before I get into that... I want to thank the mods for moving me to the correct section. Additionally, in spite of what the title says, the plants that I have were mis-labeled at the shop. They are Hindu Kush plants. I had never heard of Hindu Hash, but just figured that it was some kind of hybrid. Not the case. I have a buddy that has the same exact plants and showed me pics. They are identical. I was wondering why I was getting no more real height, but have no problem growing laterally. He said they are lil squatty bastards, but that they are pretty high yielding so we will see.

So, now on to the pictures....

Here are the girls yesterday...

and a close up..

another shot of the roots..

Finally put therm. and humd. meter in the room that will be going to flower today..

Here are the roots today, they are still coming back strong..

Here is the new container that will become the new babies home for the next month..

Here are some more of the supplies that I picked up..

Yet more supplies..

Here is the new tub for when the babies are ready for transplant..

This is what the propagation cabinet looks like..

A closer look at the babies last night, just leaving them w/ 24hrs light for a few days..

My laziness is catching up with me, didnt have a fan or cut a hole for ventilation..

So I did the only logical thing to do, crack the door open so the heat can get out until I can make it to the store today..

Some of them were a lil droopy, so i propped them up with skewer pieces and gave them a drink of ph'ed water with a few drops of nutrients in it. BTW.. this is my first attempt at cloning. I went the safest route and used the Dutch Masters Replicator, to make sure that I dont get air embolisms.

A closer look...

Let me know what you guys think so far. I will be swapping out the lights in my bigger chamber that will become the flowering chamber. As always, thanks for checking me out and for the good advice.

Something like this?
IMAG01121.jpg

Prairie

Hey bro, would love to get a rough schematic to build one of those for my veg room.

Excuse me for asking:
Why are you folar feeding w/an aero-hydro system?
Whats that brown stuff in and around your roots?
The spotting on your leaves might be that you need to add CalMag+ it worked good for me.

Gotta a nice grow going here, good luck. I grow aero-hydro w/CFLs as well.

Excuse me for asking:
Why are you folar feeding w/an aero-hydro system?
Whats that brown stuff in and around your roots?
The spotting on your leaves might be that you need to add CalMag+ it worked good for me.

Gotta a nice grow going here, good luck. I grow aero-hydro w/CFLs as well.

I actually spray them with plain water once or twice a day, once a week I hit leaves with a little watered down GH Diamond Nector. Then every other week I spray the leaves with a lil calcium, I forgot the brand name. It is a powder you mix up for foliar feeding.

If you are not spraying the leaves with atleast plain water IMO, then you are wasting your time growing. That is how they breathe, and if you dont wash the leaves off a little then they can get any co2 in the air. That might now be the case, but that is what I have always thought, and it has never done me wrong yet. =)

I actually spray them with plain water once or twice a day, once a week I hit leaves with a little watered down GH Diamond Nector. Then every other week I spray the leaves with a lil calcium, I forgot the brand name. It is a powder you mix up for foliar feeding.

If you are not spraying the leaves with atleast plain water IMO, then you are wasting your time growing. That is how they breathe, and if you dont wash the leaves off a little then they can get any co2 in the air. That might now be the case, but that is what I have always thought, and it has never done me wrong yet. =)

Uuuuhhhmmm don't think so, the plant breathes thru the oxygenated water, fertilizer and nutrients you spray onto your roots. I sprayed my leaves until I started to see brownish/yellowish spots. Added some CalMg+ and stopped spraying, guess what, no more spots, uuhhmm. I successfully grew 6 feminized plants with a harvest of 15 snuggly packed pint mason jars of sticky, sweet spiced smelling tasty ass kicking grade A bud. So IMO it was not a waste of time. Spray away if you like :yahoo:

Uuuuhhhmmm don't think so, the plant breathes thru the oxygenated water, fertilizer and nutrients you spray onto your roots. I sprayed my leaves until I started to see brownish/yellowish spots. Added some CalMg+ and stopped spraying, guess what, no more spots, uuhhmm. I successfully grew 6 feminized plants with a harvest of 15 snuggly packed pint mason jars of sticky, sweet spiced smelling tasty ass kicking grade A bud. So IMO it was not a waste of time. Spray away if you like :yahoo:

Not talking s**t or anything but plants have a whole respitory system. leaves, stems, and roots.

What Do Plants Breathe? | eHow.com

Not talking s**t or anything but plants have a whole respitory system. leaves, stems, and roots.

What Do Plants Breathe? | eHow.com

Two schools of thought here. One is unless you have spider mites or insects, don't spray the folage, the other is by creating a wet surface promotes mold and mildew. If your grow area is that dusty that the folage gets dirty, I suggest you relocate your grow room. Spraying water on an aero-hydro grow is like watering your grass during a thunderstorm down pour.

Two schools of thought here. One is unless you have spider mites or insects, don't spray the folage, the other is by creating a wet surface promotes mold and mildew. If your grow area is that dusty that the folage gets dirty, I suggest you relocate your grow room. Spraying water on an aero-hydro grow is like watering your grass during a thunderstorm down pour.

love the analogy. its not dusty in there. Honestly I guess I just have this OCD thing about trying to baby them as much as possible. Plus now that I am home on disability, I make sure to give them a few hours of my day. On a budget right now so I dont have the cash for a co2 system so I just go in there 2 or 3 times for a half hr. Or I will go in there to burn a bowl. They seem to like that alot. If I am relaxing I will go hide in there a listen to some music. Its the only place in the house off limits to kids =).

I know alot of stuff about growing, but I smart enough to listen to other people too. I will cut back on the foliar spraying and see what happens. I do have to pick up some calcium though. The stuff that I have is only for spraying them.

Even if it sounds like I am combative or argumentative, I appreciate the advice and knowledge brother. :ganjamon:

love the analogy. its not dusty in there. Honestly I guess I just have this OCD thing about trying to baby them as much as possible. Plus now that I am home on disability, I make sure to give them a few hours of my day. On a budget right now so I dont have the cash for a co2 system so I just go in there 2 or 3 times for a half hr. Or I will go in there to burn a bowl. They seem to like that alot. If I am relaxing I will go hide in there a listen to some music. Its the only place in the house off limits to kids =).

I know alot of stuff about growing, but I smart enough to listen to other people too. I will cut back on the foliar spraying and see what happens. I do have to pick up some calcium though. The stuff that I have is only for spraying them.

Even if it sounds like I am combative or argumentative, I appreciate the advice and knowledge brother. :ganjamon:

I hear ya bro, I'm homebound as well. It's just that I was doing what you are doing now, next thing I know I had brown/yellow spots on my leaves, so I posted a photo or 2, explaining what I was doing, everybody said" stop spraying them" I had thought that my CFLs were to close creating a magnifing effect on the water beads on the leaves, hence burn spots. It was suggested to me to add some CalMg+, stop spraying and the brown/yellow spotting stop all together. My gals were healthy as hell. I was so shocked and surprised to see how I was able to grow grade A bud this way by aero-hydro and CFLs. I got the grow fever forever, I'm just trying to help, perhaps my growside manner may be alittle wacky, but I see you have an awesome grow on your hands, I hope I was some help, take care and goodluck. Keeping an eye on this one :nicethread:

So I got my new reflector put up and have to say that I am happy that my room is starting to look not so low budget anymore. I wish I still had all of my old stuff, but oh well. Starting over isnt too bad. at least you get to build/buy things that you had success with and try out some new items.

Gonna go flush my system, swap my nutes, and adjust the timer. =) flower time.

Gotta build something to hold my side lighting. I dont think that I have anymore sheet metal, so they probably wont get a reflector today. Oh well I guess having the 8 extra lights w/o a reflector for a few days is better than not at all right?

Will be back in a few hours with some new pics. Hydro store is closed today so have to wait til tomorrow to try to find some of that CalMg that I was told about and a bottle of KoolBloom supplement.

Alright, it has been a long day but I am finally done for the night. I wanted to post some more pics.

Here is the little propagation cabinet with a fan installed, now the temp is under control..

Here is the shot of the flowering room on day one. Obviously, nothing special. I more or less just wanted to take some pics for reference.

The roots are still getting better looking.

The brown leaf problem still exist. I will see about some nutes to fix it tomorrow.

Im not too sure if the stem on my runt is getting better or not. It is still growing so I will assume that it is going to be okay.

I tried to put the CFLs in for the side lighting but they touched the plants, so I went to home depot and grabbed a few 2ft 2bulb T5 fixtures. I didnt have time to build something for a reflector, so I just threw them on a few white 2x4s. It will be fine for a day or two until I can build something.

So I got a little lazy yesterday, and my back was hurting so I stayed out of the computer chair. Anyway, here are some pictures from yesterday which was day 2 of flower...

They have finally gotten over the 1ft mark...

Except for my runt. Shes only 9 inches tall. =(

Here are some pictures from today...

I was thinking that I would try to bend over a few stems like you do in super cropping only to get a feel for how much pressure to use. I think that next grow I will supercrop them...

So a few days ago I decided to change the second stage nutes. It sucks that I waited until half way through the first week of flowering to do it, but oh well.

My original plan was to use the General Hydroponics 2nd part nutes like liquid Koolbloom, but that has changed now. I switched to FF soluble granular nutes. Im sure most growers are familiar with them. Most people just know them by name. Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, and Cha Ching.

My regret is that the Open Sesame should have been started at the last week of veg. I am not particularly sure that I will see the same results starting it a week and a half late, but oh well. I have the nutes now, and can use them in the next round. I just want to get a little better roots on my clones before I drop them into another Aero system.

I think that I will start a new journal for my clones. I think it will make the most sense to show them from the beginning. I also think that I will follow the lead of alot of the guys on this site and only post pics when something substantial happens instead of posting on them everyday.

Okay, I am hoping that this will post this time. I tried to post earlier in the week and it didnt work out. I was trying to post yesterday and think I was loaded and spaced it before I pressed the submit button.

Anyway here are some updates from earlier in the week and I will upload the pics that I took yesterday and post those...

Week 1 Flower
IMAG01272.jpg

IMAG01323.jpg

They started to crack open, nothing real special, just nice to see them setting up to take off...
IMAG01342.jpg

IMAG01362.jpg

I decided to clean up the bottom few inches last week so that I could get better airflow up under them, in an attempt to further control the humidity.
IMAG01534.jpg

IMAG01501.jpg

IMAG01481.jpg

I also went ahead and built another system so that I could throw my clones in it. Here they are last week. I will post a few of this week in the next post with the pics of week 2 of flowering.

Clones just planted...
IMAG01463.jpg

Two of them didnt have good roots yet so I wanted to try to keep the humidity up for them for another day before dropping them into the pots.
IMAG01443.jpg

IMAG01454.jpg

Thanks for checking out my journal, and will have pics from end of week 2 flowering in about a few hours.

Okay here are the other pictures from yesterday.

Week 2 Flower...
IMAG01642.jpg

IMAG01652.jpg

IMAG01822.jpg

IMAG01832.jpg

IMAG01841.jpg

IMAG01912.jpg

IMAG01903.jpg

IMAG02072.jpg

Clones after 1 week.
IMAG02132.jpg

IMAG02143.jpg

Thanks again for checking me out. I will be posting more pics, and updates as they come up.

My flowers arent developing as quickly as I would like but I have done worse. Guess that is what I get for deciding to use different finishing nutes part way into a grow. Oh well.

Like the way you domed your clones off. I finally got some of my germination popping up. Have 9 out of 12 right now sitting in their domed. My Red Dragon has not broke thru yet, perhaps a longer time in my germination covered pan.

Did that Calmag+ help at all? Are you still spraying your folage?

once I took them out of the humidity dome to drop them into the pots, I only had 2 left so I figured I might as well just set them in there until one busts roots. A tupperware bowl was what I used to use as a kid so I figured why not right? =)

The other one got put out in the yard. I am using it as a test subject. I am leaving it out there and am not giving it anything besides water to see how differently it grows compared to the ones indoor with nutes.

Back
Top Bottom