Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

The leaf in the last image seems to show the very start of a cal/mag deficiency. I'd increase the MC to 5.0, or if you're not comfortable with that, add some cal/mag.
I appreciate the input Old Salt but I don’t know if I can agree. Two grows ago I did a comparison with two clone NL plants with a common mother and gave one straight MC and the other MC with cal/mag so I know from that experiment that adding cal/mag will not solve this problem so I tend to think I need less MC. Also it was pretty healthy at 4 g per gallon just last week.

But then again you may be very well right but that is the curse of using MC. The sweet spot is so razor thin you never know.

Is the yellowing starting on top or on the bottom.
I just checked and it is definitely the top. Both the yellowing and the browning spots are near the top and the bottom leaves actually still look completely healthy.

It’s a calcium deficiency
You may both be right that it is a calcium deficiency because if it was from lockout from too much MC I would think I would have burned tips but what makes me think that calcium isn't the problem is because the plant was perfectly healthy last week at 4 g per gallon MC and it didn't start looking sick until I went up to 4.5 g per gallon MC. If too little calcium was the problem you would think the problem would have been worse last week before I upped the dosage of MC.

I do have some calmag sitting around the house from my experiment so I could add some or I could add more MC. It has actually become comical because this happens every single grow with me; I have problems and I don't know if I need more or less MC or calmag. I don't have to water till tomorrow so I have a day to decide. I really appreciate the help guys but honestly, I just don't know what to do. As per usual, LOL.

Go with @Old Salt recommendation on this one.

One thing I didn't mention was that on Monday I moved my plant from under the blurple in the veg room to under the MegaLight in the flowering room even though I was still giving it 12 hours. Maybe all that extra light upped its nutrient requirements? That and the fact I have never had burned tips also does support your theory I need more MC not less and Dr. Seeds says it is a heavy feeder. Also, you know a heck of a lot more about growing this stuff than I do so I will take both your advice and next watering give her 5 g per gallon along with a lot of prayer, LOL. Thanks a lot, guys.

Changing the lighting just confirms it to me. If you look the affected leaves will be directly exposed to the light.
Generally speaking you are correct. The very top leaves seem okay and the worst seems to be about three or 4 inches down from the very top.

But your statement that the light confirms it to you just gave me a thought. I have always said that my plants are fine in veg and my problems start about a month into flower so I always assumed the problem was the plants need more nutrients because they are flowering but this is the first plant I have partly vegged with my Mega Light instead of all the way through veg with my blurples and the first time I have had this problem in veg so it looks like it may be the light as much as the fact I get the problem from flowering.

Also, I was running my Mega Light at about what I thought was 200 Watts but when I recently decided to adjust up to 250 W I noticed that it had drifted down to only about 180 W so I am also giving this plant about an extra 70 W of light which is about 39% more. So yes you have me thinking now it probably does need more MC. I remember @InTheShed also warning me when I first got my Mega Light that my plants will need more food because of it.

I like to think I know what I'm doing but without this site, I would be totally lost. :oops: Thanks again, guys.

We have to put some serious thought into it at times. I don’t know how many plants have blind sided me out of no where.
I seem to get blindsided most of the time, LOL.

People say how hearty this plant is and it may be as far as being able to take training and physical abuse but as far as its nutrient requirements I wish it was a fraction as hearty as the non-smokable weeds thriving in my backyard without any nutrients.

Leds increase nutrient usage, the more intense the light the more photosynthesis is driven requiring more nutrients, especially calcium.
That does make sense and I didn't know especially calcium. I don't get it though because when I did that experiment giving one plant calmag it didn't seem to make much difference. I am currently at 4.5 g per gallon MC; would you give it more MC or calmag or both?

Don't worry about answering that last post, Penny; I can't expect you to make all my decisions, LOL. Funny thing is when I did that calmag experiment a lot of people told me I was wasting my time because there was plenty of it in MC.

Okay, thanks for your answer. I will do that; I will give her 4.5 mL per gallon of calmag along with 4.5 g of MC per gallon.

Something else I just thought of; my plants seemed to be nice and green under the blurple but after a couple of days under the MegaLight, I thought it looked a few shades lighter. I just assumed it was the difference in light colour between the blurples and the MegaLight was playing tricks on my eyes but after your opinion, it makes sense that the plant needed more nutrients shortly after I put it under the Mega light so it started getting lighter in colour despite the fact I increased the MC from 4 to 4.5 g per gallon.

More intense light changes the game. Just gotta be ready for it.
Thanks, from now on I will be not that I won't mess it up anyway, lol.

Back
Top Bottom