Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

NextLight says my MegaLight could get within 12 inches with 650 Watts before the plant burns and I was running mine at 24 inches and 180 Watts my previous grows. Because I was giving it so much less than the maximum, with my Gorilla Glue I bumped it up to 250 W and I think that's why my plant went all wacky despite still being a fraction of the maximum recommended. So today I put the light back down to 180 Watts and the plant does seem a little happier now.

Proper Use:
  • Hang the light fixture using supplied V-Hooks.
  • Hang fixture at a minimum of 12” from light and plant canopy. Less than 12” distance may burn plants.
  • Recommended coverage is 4’ x 4‘ or 5’ x 5‘ for flowering and 7’ x 7’ area for vegetative growth.

A while back I tried making a tincture with 95% alcohol and I used a recommended method I read about somewhere here putting both alcohol and bud in the freezer to avoid dissolving chlorophyll and then once down to temperature mixing them for three minutes. I didn't get hardly any resin so today I am trying an experiment using room temperature alcohol and bud doing one batch at five minutes another batch at one hour and another batch at one day. I know they seem excessive compared to the consensus but I was reading somewhere somebody letting the bud soak for a week or so.

This is what the bud looked like before I cooked it for two hours at 235°F.

1.jpg

Here it is after being decarbing.

2.jpg

Here is a gallon container of 95% alcohol with 3 jar of decarbed bud each containing .25oz.

3.jpg

Here is the finished batch of 5 min tincture. The others are still soaking. I put 4 ounces of alcohol in but didn't want to squeeze the bud to get all out I could because I didn't want to crush all the triches so I can examine the remains better.

5.jpg

I am going to dry out the bud from each batch and then examine the bud to see how much time is needed to totally dissolve the triches. Will post results. It was a lovely day outside today so I cleaned up the garage. Nice to get outside.

Looks like it should make some nice oil, it has a good color.
That's what I was thinking until I looked at one of the buds I soaked for five minutes. There are almost as many triches on it as when I started? It is pretty surprising. It looks like if I smoked this bud that supposedly has been stripped of its resin I would still get a pretty good buzz. I will have to try that.

I'm wondering what the hour and 24-hour ones will like. If they aren't much better I'm thinking maybe I will try heating the alcohol. I have a hotplate I could use in my garage with the garage door open so I don't blow myself up, D'oh!

6.jpg

I never really looked at trichs after I washed in alcohol. Just evaporate the alcohol and see what you get. Alcohol will strip cannabinoids pretty fast.
That's what the consensus is but the reason I checked is the last time I tried I didn't get hardly any resin after I evaporated the alcohol when I soaked for just three minutes with ice-cold alcohol. There are lots of the end bulbs from the triches left behind and I could be wrong but I would think that means they're still full of resin? Maybe somehow it mysteriously gets the resin and leaves the shell of the triches behind? I don't know, I'm just shocked because I was expecting to see just plant material with all the triches dissolve the way.

I’m not sure if the membrane dissolves or not. 3 minutes in alcohol should be plenty.
I just assumed the membrane had to dissolve to get the goodies inside but I could be wrong. But yes you are right most recipes call for three minutes soaking in alcohol but when I tried that the first time I didn't get hardly any resin after I evaporated the alcohol. I was going to leave them as tinctures but I guess I will let the alcohol evaporate to see how much oil is there.

If you’re going to smoke the extraction I wouldn’t bother with decarb.
I was planning on letting half or three quarters evaporate and then leave it as a pretty potent tincture. My olive oil works but since it is an oil I can't mix it in drinks. I started mixing my olive oil with food because it was irritating my throat when I took it straight so I was thinking when I don't feel like eating I could put the tincture in drinks because it would mix with water, unlike the olive oil.

The cold temperature could have slowed dissolving the trichomes.
The first time I tried months ago I did put the alcohol and bud in the freezer hours before I mixed them and did it for three minutes and didn't get hardly any resin so that's why now I'm trying with room temperature alcohol and bud with longer times. I just had a few puffs of the bud that I had soaked in alcohol today and I am pretty wasted. I don't feel any different than when I smoke the real stuff so there lots of THC being left behind. Very odd.

I always froze mine, I did my best to get it done before it got to warm.
It's becoming comical that everything I am trying I am getting totally different results than everyone else? And not good ones, lol.

I always froze mine, I did my best to get it done before it got to warm.
I was going by @SweetSue's instructions the first time by freezing it and she does her homework so you are not alone in freezing it.

The way I feel by smoking the bud that was washed with alcohol I would be pretty surprised if there is hardly any oil at all once I evaporate the alcohol.

Don’t smoke the bud that was washed. That could hurt you.
Why is that? It is the same alcohol I drink and I don't think solvents generally leave behind a residue? I just smoked it to test it but if you think it's bad for you I won't but I'm curious why it isn't. I let the alcohol totally evaporate before I did.

It's a shame you say that because I'm wasted from smoking it.

Is the GG in Promix HP Homer? Was it a new bag? She's in a 7gal? Remind me again how much you are feeding her and any supplements.

Hey, Mr. S., Nice to see you. Yes it is in Promix HP and strange of you to ask because it was a brand-new 60 pound bag. Now you have me curious. And it is in a 10 gallon container.

I had it under my blurple for the majority of its veg and I worked it up to 4 g per gallon and it was healthy that whole time then about two weeks ago I put it under the MegaLight about which time I increased to 4.5 g per gallon MC. And that’s when it went for a dump.

Penny thinks it had a calcium deficiency develop from the more intense light and I did increase it from one hundred and 80 W to 250 W because this thing can take 650 W they say as close as 1 foot and I am 2 feet away. So I think the increased intensity gave me a calcium deficiency like Penny says.

Last watering I gave it 4.5 g per gallon MC and 4 mL calmag. I really thought it was a goner yesterday because it was incredibly droopy and the topsoil was so moist I thought it had stopped drinking; that’s what happened to the CBD strain that died on me in flower before it died.

Yesterday I turn the light down to 180 W and it is perking up so I think Penny was right about the light causing it to have a calcium deficiency. Hopefully it’s okay. Be interested in your opinion.

7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom