Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

To check the consistency of the oil that has been left from what has so far evaporated I poked it with my finger and it was so sticky a small barely visible film was picked up by my fingertip so I licked it off just to see what it tasted like and it tastes like hash oil but now and I admit it may be my imagination but it certainly feels like I’ve got a little bit of a buzz from that tiny little sample. This stuff may be pretty darn potent.

I think it would just smear.
You could very well be right, I wouldn’t be surprised if the foil ripped also. It seemed like a good idea at the time because honestly I didn’t think I was going to get hardly any resin.

Generally speaking you are correct. The very top leaves seem okay and the worst seems to be about three or 4 inches down from the very top.

But your statement that the light confirms it to you just gave me a thought. I have always said that my plants are fine in veg and my problems start about a month into flower so I always assumed the problem was the plants need more nutrients because they are flowering but this is the first plant I have partly vegged with my Mega Light instead of all the way through veg with my blurples and the first time I have had this problem in veg so it looks like it may be the light as much as the fact I get the problem from flowering.

Also, I was running my Mega Light at about what I thought was 200 Watts but when I recently decided to adjust up to 250 W I noticed that it had drifted down to only about 180 W so I am also giving this plant about an extra 70 W of light which is about 39% more. So yes you have me thinking now it probably does need more MC. I remember @InTheShed also warning me when I first got my Mega Light that my plants will need more food because of it.

I like to think I know what I'm doing but without this site, I would be totally lost. :oops: Thanks again, guys.
Glad to hear you have made a decision, I find that talking things out and analyzing situations in conversation helps to see all the angles thus making informed decision.

I watered my Gorilla Glue today giving it the same 4.5 g/gallon MC in addition to 4 mL of calmag. This is the minimum recommended dosage as the maximum dosage for a healthy plant would be 1.5 times that and for a deficient plant to 2 to 2.5 that dosage so that was a pretty conservative amount.

It's pretty shocking to see how much this one leave has deteriorated over just 24 hours. If the 4 mL of calmag doesn't solve the problem I think I will increase my MC to 5 g per gallon and up the MC another 50% next watering. I have never had a plant's leaves deteriorate this quickly but they say it is a heavy feeder so I think I just have to keep pouring on the nutrients especially since I don't have any tip burn whatsoever.

IMG_0171a.jpg
Good Day Omer, The only thing that came to my mind is to fluctuate your ph a little, I know that some poeple ph to exactly the same every time, because different minerals get consumed for different ph levels I often will try this in an effort to cure without medicating. Cheers

Parchment paper @Homer Simpson. After evaporating, stick it in the freezer for 5 mins or so and it peels right off but will become glue again in very short order.

You might even get it off the tinfoil that way.

Thanks for the tip about the parchment paper; I have some from my squish experiment but I just assumed it wasn’t waterproof and that the alcohol would leak through.

Because I got such a nice little buzz with that microscopic bit on my finger I decided to collect it all as a tincture. I rubbed my finger on the resin that had accumulated on the foil using the left over alcohol as a solvent and I managed to dissolve most of it and now I have a nice little jar of pretty concentrated tincture. I will test it out at dinner time. I think I will start with just one as drop this stuff seems so potent.

14.jpg

15.jpg

Glad to hear you have made a decision, I find that talking things out and analyzing situations in conversation helps to see all the angles thus making informed decision.

I absolutely agree; it used to amaze me the wisdom of a group from my union days when everyone could get up and express their opinion that is until the gangsters who control our union turned it into a little more than a dictatorship. Without the great growers on this site and all their input my grow would be a total clown show instead of just half a clown show. :oops:

Good Day Omer, The only thing that came to my mind is to fluctuate your ph a little, I know that some poeple ph to exactly the same every time, because different minerals get consumed for different ph levels I often will try this in an effort to cure without medicating. Cheers

I’m very reluctant to fiddle with pH these days after @InTheShed got information from I think a rep from one of the soil companies who says it isn’t necessary. When I did used to adjust pH I had nothing but problems. It seems pretty dialed in again now too.

Hello Homer, Looks like you got some tincture, hope it works good, I agree with not smoking, I have been quitting on and off for the last 30 years, I get my best results with cold turkey, don't leave my house for 2 weeks, I find if I use nicotine tablets or gum I get addicted to them, they are expensive. I have made some infused Honey for the first time, tried it a few times now and like it, I started with just what is left on a spoon after dipping and letting strain back in jar. Works well for me, I play allot of snooker and it helps me to keep my concentration on the game, I usually watch netflix or a movie but with this my mind is more on the game and not interested in the movie. Don't despair, I am sure you will get there with your system. Cheers Stay Healthy and Happy

Hello Homer, Looks like you got some tincture, hope it works good, I agree with not smoking, I have been quitting on and off for the last 30 years, I get my best results with cold turkey, don't leave my house for 2 weeks, I find if I use nicotine tablets or gum I get addicted to them, they are expensive. I have made some infused Honey for the first time, tried it a few times now and like it, I started with just what is left on a spoon after dipping and letting strain back in jar. Works well for me, I play allot of snooker and it helps me to keep my concentration on the game, I usually watch netflix or a movie but with this my mind is more on the game and not interested in the movie. Don't despair, I am sure you will get there with your system. Cheers Stay Healthy and Happy

Hello, BudShark. Yes, to my surprise it does look like I have some tincture and some turbocharged at that judging how the tiny bit I licked off my finger kept me elevated all afternoon. The honey sounds like a good idea; the olive oil method irritates my throat when I take it alone and since honey and lemon are supposed to soothe a throat extracted honey may be pretty mild on the throat. Had a pleasant afternoon fixing my fence and finishing doing my spring cleaning of the garage calmly medicated.

Lookin forward to the report on the one drop of tincture.
Me too!! When I finished getting my tincture into the jar I licked my finger again which I am pretty sure had less than a drop and I was nicely buzzed all afternoon. It looks like I was totally wrong thinking the tincture wasn't potent because the bud that was washed with alcohol gave me a good buzz when I smoked it. I have been wrong a lot lately but this time I am glad to be. :oops: I will have my drop with dinner so I will post a report before bed.

I thought the oil would be potent
As usual you were right Penny. My sleep pattern is all screwy so last night an hour after I tried 2 drops I slept for 3 hrs so I am not certain how it was but I think it extracted about the same amount of THC as my olive oil. I used the same amount of alcohol as I do olive oil in proportion to weed but let about 2/3 of the alcohol evaporate so the tincture I think is about 3 times as potent as my olive oil extract. The more I use it if I can stay awake the better idea I should have.

Try it earlier in the day.

I think my mistake was I started too early in the day yesterday and being tired I passed out so today I waited until evening and I had 10 drops and being Friday also had about three beers worth of spirits. I think I got a little less extraction using alcohol as I did with olive oil but with my alcohol tincture I didn't have that anxious physical feeling I get with my olive oil extract that the closest thing I can compare to is climbing on mushrooms before I hit that peak.

It doesn't have that euphoric kick in the head that smoking does but it does feel like a much cleaner less physical high than olive oil. Generally more pleasant. But then again I find my olive oil feels different on different days depending on how much sleep I have etc. so I don't want to make a definitive judgment but early indications are positive with my tincture method. Since I grow more than I need I would rather extract less if it feels more pleasant.

The Gorilla Glue is looking healthier by the day thankfully.

IMG_0190.JPG

IMG_0188.JPG

The main stalk is about the biggest I have had of any plant at harvest and this one hasn't even flipped yet. It looks to be about three-quarters of an inch so I would think it should end up to be at least an inch.

IMG_0179.JPG

This is how it looked on May 11 which was just 11 days ago with the main stock hardly bigger than a pencil.

IMG_0166.JPG

I think I'll wait another week or two to let it stabilize a little more and then I will probably flip it because it's getting pretty close to already taking up the 3 x 3' growing area. Tonight I plan on dropping a Bruce Banner for the next generation.

She sustained some pretty significant leaf damage but even the worst ones have stabilized and I didn't lose one.

IMG_0178.JPG

Here is my worst leaf that I have posted twice before as it was deteriorating; it's a little worse for wear but even it is bouncing back a bit.

IMG_0171a.jpg

With me doing the grunt work caring for the plant and you guys being the brains when I get in trouble together we're growing a pretty good plant.:high-five::thumb:

Homer...glad to hear the oil is working...the GG is looking grand.

Thanks, cr8grow. Yes, I am having a period of successes; kind of makes me nervous, lol. :oops:

Your GG has bounced back nicely :yummy:

I am glad to agree with you; with thanks to Penny and Old Salt.

Homer...I checked out your first grow journal...nice work and results.

Thanks again, cr8grow. I leave that journal, when I didn't know anything, up to keep me humble but I don't think it is needed the way this one is going, lol. :nerd-with-glasses:

Back
Top Bottom