Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

It’s almost like a winning lottery ticket. Most F1 and F2 chemovars will have a lot of phenotypes to pick through. Never know when you’ll find something special.

Here are a few of today's pics trying to go from least magnification to most. Actually I could have had photos with less magnification but my stand isn't tall enough for that but I'm not sure if I really need that

I think that's pretty decent for a $30 little toy. I feel a lot more confident now with my pics because with my other set up I really wasn't sure between cloudy and clear often. I think this thing has more potential.

Superlative work with that $30 scope. Outstanding! Plants looking great too. :cool:

It’s almost like a winning lottery ticket. Most F1 and F2 chemovars will have a lot of phenotypes to pick through. Never know when you’ll find something special.
I want to grow tons of plants not for the bud quantity because I have enough but for the fun of it.

Superlative work with that $30 scope. Outstanding! Plants looking great too. :cool:
Thanks, bubkas. I was playing around today with the upgraded, Trich-o-Scope 3000 Adjustable Base Unit-Version 2.0, and took another series of pics up to max magnification. I was reading on some forum or someplace where someone was saying how much optics had improved in recent years and I wasn't really aware of that till just recently; my iPhone and now this thing seems to bear that out. By recent I mean a decade or more. :p

Snapshot000005.jpg

Snapshot000004x.jpg

Snapshot0000026.jpg

Snapshot0000l07.jpg

Snapshot0000o08.jpg

Snapshot00o0009.jpg

max1.jpg

max4.jpg

Great photos I like how you have renamed the scope after your modifications. I see they have some adjustable stands on amazon. When I order the scope I will get one of the stands with it.
Thanks, oldsmokey. The adjustment stand looks like a good idea. For $ 30 I think it would be well worth it.

Looking at one of my maximum magnification pics has led me to a rather controversial albeit pointless conclusion. When people speak of trichs going cloudy I always assumed that the resin inside the trich somehow went cloudy that turned the trich from clear to opaque.

But looking at this photo I noticed the surface of the clear trich seems completely smooth and transparent whereas the opaque trich seems to have a rough-textured opaque surface. So my conclusion is that I was mistaken that the resin inside the trich goes cloudy instead I think the trich’s outside membrane goes opaque not the inside resin. I could be totally wrong obviously.

max4.jpg

I’ve never really paid attention.
That does not surprise me because it is pretty hard to see and not important just an interesting tidbit. :nerd-with-glasses:

I may have to dig out my scope now too after seeing those. Although the more I grow the more I seem to know when the plant is ready without checking the trichs. To me it's less important as a recreational smoker. Sometimes there could be more amber, sometimes less. I'll check plants with foxtails every time since they tend to throw out new pistils right up 'til harvest.

Hard to pay attention to something I've never seen before! Great closeup shots, and so sharp it's a good thing you were dressed when you took them ;).

Now that you have seen it feel free to offer an opinion or not as you desire.

Thanks about the shots. I knew they would be decent anyway because I got the same unit that Old Salt had and his were stellar. I figured he was using some high priced SLR camera so I was pretty surprised when it was this cheap unit he was using. I would have been afraid to buy it otherwise.

With my little hobbies like my journaling and photographing and tinkering in my garage and doing my yard work I am managing to keep myself entertained which I am grateful for. In the fall I am going to upgrade my computer so I can start video editing again and get an iPhone with a better camera. Trying to make the best of not an all bad situation.

You might not want to look at those sharp pictures too closely as I cannot guarantee my state of dress. :ciao: Hope all is well in your world my friend.

I may have to dig out my scope now too after seeing those. Although the more I grow the more I seem to know when the plant is ready without checking the trichs. To me, it's less important as a recreational smoker. Sometimes there could be more amber, sometimes less. I'll check plants with foxtails every time since they tend to throw out new pistils right up 'til harvest.
Dig out that scope and we'll have a trich party! :party:

I cannot argue with your method because one of my early crops of NL I harvested at two-week intervals 8, 10 and 12 weeks and I couldn't tell a difference really in effect but then I'm eating it. But I am looking for a more daytime Sativa so I don't want to go too long in case it does make a difference. It's not like I have anything else pressing to do so I figure I might as well do it right and I am trying to make the nicest bud I can for the people I give it away to who do smoke who maybe can tell.

Funny I have just one bud with a little tuft of white hairs but it doesn't look like a foxtail but they are the only white ones on the plant. Hope all is well in Saga Land.

IMG_6054.JPG

I am seeing the first signs of hairs on Bruce Banner despite only flipping 5 days ago; that seems like a good sign. She also seems to have stopped stretching so much for now. Because Bruce has such a narrow trunk I assumed I didn't veg her as long as the GG but I actually vegged Bruce for 10 weeks.

IMG_6032b.jpg

Looking good Homer
Thanks, Penny. Glad to see hairs already but more importantly glad she has slowed a little in vertical growth. I was contemplating breaking out the hedge trimmers. :oops:

Lol I hear you, mine are the same way. SC everyday it seems like.

I was SC'ing almost every day too in veg and it didn't seem to do much so now since in the flower room it has about 1.5 feet in height to go so I am going to let it go hoping I have enough and if not then some super-duper cropping will be my hail mary.

There sure is a big difference between Sativas and Indicas; here is my BB compared to my GG in trunk size even though they vegged about the same time. The GG was a month at least longer into veg in this photo so the BB should get about 20% bigger but there would still be a big difference.

IMG_6056a.jpg

My GG is more vine like for some reason. I thought it would be thicker built
I assume yours is a real GG so it is probably what they are supposed to be.

Back
Top Bottom