Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

That’s the way they start, she’ll open up.
That's good to know. That Dr. Bugbee said in one of his videos 90% of nutrient problems are from toxicity or too much so I really cut back on MC and if you look at the pictures especially from the harvested leaves on the floor they are pretty much green right to the end now which I am happy to see. Only took me about two years to figure that out. :oops:

At the end, Bruce Banner from Dr. Seeds really turned into The Hulk! She didn't have huge buds but she had lots of them and every single one was frosty and sticky.

IMG_6825a.jpg

This was definitely the frostiest plant I have grown. Every single bud was covered in triches and so were the sugar leaves to the point where I was pretty liberal in my trimming leaving a lot of them on.

IMG_6828dx.jpg

I ended up with 51 ounces of bud at harvest and using the 25% rule that works out to just over 12 1/2 ounces of dried bud beating my old record of 10 ounces from Sensi Seeds NL. I find it is a really nice day time micro doser.

IMG_6834.JPG

Hope all is well.
Homer, Nice frosty haul!

I write down my MC dosages for my plants on my bar-top where I mix my nutes so I have a record of my current three plants and my previous four plants. Longest ago was my P 98 and owing to smudging I can only guesstimate that it is somewhere around six or maybe 6 1/2 g per gallon MC. My 20:1 from Dr. Seeds was 6 g per gallon and it looks like I added some Bud Explosion on top of that. And Gorilla Glue I topped out at 6.5 g per gallon and for a while I was adding 4 mL of Calmag on top of that. But Bruce Banner I only gave 5.5 g per gallon MC and the strain I can never remember the name of which is about six weeks into flower currently I only have at about 4.5 g per gallon.

I was getting good yields but until I dropped my maximum MC down to 5.5 g per gallon I was getting yellowing on all my plants partway into flower but now with lower dosages of MC I am getting really nice healthy plants all the way to harvest. The Amnesia plant labelled as, I Forget, in my notes seems pretty happy at 4 1/2 so unless I start seeing bad leaves I think that will be my maximum for that plant.

My Chemdawg that I just moved into the Bloom Room only got 3 1/2 g per gallon all the way through veg and was nice and healthy but the cutting from that which has been rooted for about a month now in a 10-gallon pot started to show signs of nute deficiency and it was at 3 g. So from that, I assume once I bump it up to 3 1/2 it will be okay.

So it looks like the maximum amount of MC is somewhere between 4 1/2 and 5 1/2 g per gallon in my garden. So it looks like I have my MC dialled in finally; better late than never. I can't express how frustrating it was to me watching my plants yellow during flower and I really love seeing them green and happy even if I don't get any more yield. I feel I owe my girls the best life I can give them.

IMG_6916.JPG

Here is the canopy of my Amnesia plant well into flower getting 4.5 g MC nice and happy.

IMG_6920b.jpg

Here are its very bottom leaves. Granted they are pretty high up because I have really trimmed this sucker.

IMG_6923b.jpg

I got a really nice canopy with this plant even though I didn't do any training other than topping three times so I got eight main branches and then a little super cropping because it got too tall for my basement. Here's a pic of the branches that resulted from my topping three times coming from the trunk. I think in the future I will do a longer single trunk before I branch it out for more stability.

IMG_6924b.jpg

Here is the lowest leaf on my Chemdawg that I flipped a few days ago. I still have it at 3 1/2 g per gallon with nice healthy leaves. Very minor amount of tip burn but at just 3 1/2 g per gallon, I think that's inevitable.

IMG_E6908b.jpg

Here is the Chemdawg under a blurple in the budroom. A really nice healthy sturdy plant.

IMG_E6921b.jpg

Here is the cutting I took from the Chemdawg mother that is now in the flower room. This is the plant that I was giving just 3 g MC per gallon to that started to show signs of nute deficiency that I will bump up to 3.5 g per gallon MC.

IMG_6926b.jpg

It doesn't really show up too well under the blurple lights but here is one of the bad leaves on this plant.

IMG_6928b.jpg

More posts following shortly. Working on them now.

My Chem D and TK are both at 3 1/2 grams of MC per gallon and very healthy in veg.
Good to hear. It does seem to be the sweet spot then. Thanks.

In his video about how to maximize yields, Dr. Bruce Bugbee was saying that using a red spectrum light in Bloom did not increase bud yield like folklore dictated (which was why people would use metal halide in veg but sodium vapour because it is redder in Bloom). I believe.

But what he did say is that blue light makes plants grow taller and conversely red light decreases inter-nodal distance making plants shorter. I have on my 300W blurple two switches; one for Bloom and one for veg.

I mention this because when I flipped my Amnesia plant it was growing at least 2 inches per day during stretch which meant I was rapidly running out of her headroom so I only gave it the Bloom light which is very red and it slowed down to growing about 1 inch every couple days. For that reason, I bought another one of these blurple lights so I can much better control the height of my plants.

Here is the light set on Bloom and you can see how red it is on the plant below.

IMG_6914b.jpg

Hi Homer you mentioned when you grew the gorilla glue from Dr s that you were adding cal mag. Did you find overall it was a calcium hungry strain? The reason I am asking I'm growing that strain now under LED lighting and hydro using RO water. And they are sucking up the cal mag like there's no tomorrow.
To be honest I don't remember why I started adding calmag to my GG but someone had the good sense to talk me out of it so I only did it for a few feedings. I gave that thing 6.5 g per gallon MC but I think that is way more than necessary. I really think now for peat 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 g per gallon MC would be about right for that plant. That is the last plant before I started lowering my levels getting healthier plants so I really don't have much good advice for it. Sorry. Besides Hydro would be different I am pretty sure.

I always flipped grow and bloom switches to on and run both.
Yes, I also used to leave both Bloom and veg on in both phases so the only time now I just use the red spectrum is when my plants are getting too tall. Otherwise yes I run both also always.

When I topped my original Chemdawg plant I rooted the cutting which is now in a 10-gallon pot a couple of months old. I used my old method of cutting the branch diagonally and then putting it immediately in water and then adding powdered hormone and putting it in a small container of Pro Mix HP and then putting that in the Tupperware container for maximum humidity.

I air it out once a day and don't spray the plant just the inside of the container to keep it humid inside. The theory being that if I don't spray it, it will grow roots because it will have to find moisture. This method works with most strains but I find occasionally some strains don't like this method. It worked with Chemdawg for my first cutting but when I tried to take cuttings from the cutting once it got bigger the two cuttings I took died.

Here are the sad-looking characters here.

IMG_6906b.jpg

It was 21 full days before I took them out of the humid dome so they definitely got a good shot at it.

Here is one of them about five weeks after I took the cutting and it doesn't have any roots at all.

IMG_6907b.jpg

So I did some reading and found a guy who claims he used to do it for a living and has done thousands and has a completely different approach. He claims he can have roots in 7 to 10 days!

His theory is that he doesn't give the plant any nutrients but keeps it under a humid dome and sprays it twice a day and then lets the soil ball the cutting is in then slowly dry out. He says the plant will start looking for nutrients and start growing roots as the little ball of soil dries out it is in. Sounds pretty remarkable to me but I'm going to give it a try because my method doesn't seem that successful lately. And I really want this Chemdawg strain to keep going at least till I get some dried but off it.

Here is the link for that article: Cannabis Cloning Made Easy... Roots in 7-10 Days! | Grow Weed Easy

I just stick the cut in a solo of coco and water just a few drops every 2-3 days. I don’t use a dome of any kind and get about 80% to root. The biggest problem is moisture causing rot.

Back
Top Bottom