Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

No mine aren’t rooting yet, it wouldn’t matter what generation it is. They should still root.
Sorry to hear yours aren't rooting either. I didn't think what generation it was would make a difference with rooting but it would have explained my problem.

My new approach which is really my original approach is to just leave them in the dome so they either root or die because that's how I got the one and only to root from my Chemdawg.

Mine are still green so I’ll let mine go until the end or they root
That is pretty much my plan also. Here are my three sad sacks. The one on the left is getting close to being a month old I think and the one on the right is about a week and a half old and the one in the middle is somewhere in between.

IMG_6982.JPG

The article about that rooting system that I tried that didn't work for me said that not giving them nutrients causes them to grow roots but I think the reason my oldest one is dying is because it's not getting any nutrients so now I am trying to add a few millilitres of 2.5 g per gallon every few days to keep it moist but not wet.

Also, that article said that spraying the leaves with pure water dilutes the nutrients in the leaves which makes the plant grow roots. I didn't get any roots but that makes me think that if I spray the plants with the same 2.5 g per gallon MC water they might stay healthier longer so they will survive until they can root. I know it might just as likely stop them from rooting but I tried the other way around to no avail.

Here is a close-up of the one about a month old and I'm not holding out much faith and it because when I pick it up the stock jostles around like there are no roots at all and it's looking to be on its last leg. I think in another two or three weeks it will be dead but hopefully, the other two getting nutes might last longer?

IMG_6985.JPG

This is my second generation Chemdawg and the only cutting that has survived out of at least 10 now maybe 15 I have tried to root. I could put it in the budding room with the 300 W Blurple I have on it now but I think I will wait until the Amnesia plant is done before I flip it. I trimmed about 6 inches off the height of it yesterday and I swear 3 inches has already grown back. It's in that very vigorous stage so I'm going to keep trimming it hopefully that will give me bigger roots and when I finally let it go to bloom it will really let loose.

IMG_6981.JPG

I may hit mine with a very small dose of calcium
I'm sure you have a good reason for that which I don't understand but my oldest cutting is getting so yellow it seems to me it needs nitrogen at least. I'm just guessing but giving them straight water for me they really start dying around a month slowly yellowing so I figure I gotta give them something.

Normally when I’ve seen yellowing appear they have roots started.
Yes, I agree with most strains that is my experience also it’s just the stubborn ones like Chemdawg that don’t get roots with the yellowing.

Most strains with me have a pretty consistent pattern where I can put them under the dome for two weeks and then I start weaning them out and buy the third and fourth week they start to stabilize outside the dome and get new growth and green in the crown. And these things will just not make that rebound step instead it's a steady decline all the way.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong this time.
Probably listening to me. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure about the other strain but I think your Chemdawg rooting problems are the strain itself.

I knew Chem was hard to root and reverse.
It sure seems that way. I've wasted so much time trying I think I will wait until I actually test out some of the finished bud from my first plant because if it's not better than my Northern Lights it's not really worth all the trouble trying to clone it. So far nothing has touched my NL I have grown as far as being nice and relaxing.

A good NL is hard to beat.
It certainly is and besides being the most sedating plant I have grown it is a nice squat strong healthy plant that took cuttings pretty easily. An all-around hard to beat plant. This Chemdawg is budding up nicely but it's long and lanky and already falling over and hard to clone. It's got some ground to make up so we will see how she performs.

I checked my Amnesia under the scope and surprisingly I'm seeing a lot more cloudy and a few hints of Amber. I should probably wait another week I think but I don't know if I will. She is one day short of 10 weeks since flipping.

Screenshot 2021-01-03 163834.jpg
Screenshot 2021-01-03 163936.jpg
Screenshot 2021-01-03 164034.jpg

Homer, Happy New Year...those are good shots to do a quick count off the calyxes. Lighting might make a difference but my read would be clear...a bit of cloudy and just enough amber to gauge against the other trichomes as you continue to scope. I think you would get a clear trichome effect if you chop now or soon. Its all a matter of preference and early tester buds are great. I look for mostly cloudy with some amber...a nice mature bud. I took a page out of your posts on photo techniques and repurposed a microphone stand to position my wifi scope precisely and more importantly still....pics over at my current grow.

Homer, Happy New Year...those are good shots to do a quick count off the calyxes. Lighting might make a difference but my read would be clear...a bit of cloudy and just enough amber to gauge against the other trichomes as you continue to scope. I think you would get a clear trichome effect if you chop now or soon. Its all a matter of preference and early tester buds are great. I look for mostly cloudy with some amber...a nice mature bud. I took a page out of your posts on photo techniques and repurposed a microphone stand to position my wifi scope precisely and more importantly still....pics over at my current grow.
Happy New Year, cr8grow.

Yes, I should wait longer and I may but since this is a hybrid and not an Indica I am not so concerned about it. I did an experiment last year where I took 3 samples two weeks apart when I harvested my NL and I didn't notice any difference with a 4-week difference in bloom times so I don't take it too seriously. Glad to hear you able to repurpose an old microscope.

I’d wait one more week if you can.
That would definitely be the smart thing to do, LOL. I probably will it's just that I have memories of that damn Bruce Banner that would not go cloudy week after week but this one does seem to be making progress so yes I will go another week. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom