Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

Hmmmm... My reversing seems to be a total failure so far. I do not see one male sack forming but lots of female hairs starting. Not sure why it isn't working because I spraying it before I flipped it and every 3 days after that and I have been really soaking it down. Maybe I should have started spraying sooner than the 3 days before flipping I gave it.

g.jpg

Keep spraying the flowers on that branch. I think it was @Mr. Krip who mentioned we needed to spray them, and @Pennywise said to keep going until the pollen shows.
I have been spraying the whole plant and soaking it completely down. I thought I would not get any female hairs so I am surprised that, that seems to be all I am getting and no sign of male bulbs. I will keep spraying but it doesn't seem to be doing anything as it seems to be just flowering like a regular female plant.

I have been spraying the whole plant and soaking it completely down. I thought I would not get any female hairs so I am surprised that, that seems to be all I am getting and no sign of male bulbs. I will keep spraying but it doesn't seem to be doing anything as it seems to be just flowering like a regular female plant.

I was the same way. I had given up, and stopped looking for them. The first time I knew I had pollen sacks was when I prepared the pictures for an update here.

I only started spraying it about 3 days before I flipped it so maybe that is my problem?

I was the same way. I had given up, and stopped looking for them. The first time I knew I had pollen sacks was when I prepared the pictures for an update here.
Oh, ok. I didn't expect any female hairs to show up and thought it would flower just like a male plant. I will keep spraying every 3 days and see if any pollen sacks show up eventually.

Starting 3 days before flip is about right but I spray daily for the first week or even 10 days then I can go to every 2-3 days. When a female plant begins flowering it produces ethylene which is a sex hormone necessary for female flowers to form. STS prevents ethylene from being produced which means the plant will produce male flowers instead. The chromosomes from both parents are 100% female so only female offspring are produced.

Starting 3 days before flip is about right but I spray daily for the first week or even 10 days then I can go to every 2-3 days. When a female plant begins flowering it produces ethylene which is a sex hormone necessary for female flowers to form. STS prevents ethylene from being produced which means the plant will produce male flowers instead. The chromosomes from both parents are 100% female so only female offspring are produced.

D'oh... lol. I have not heard about the every day for the first week to 10 days thing. This thing has been under the flowering light for about a week and a half and I am only doing it every 3 days and is starting to flower like a female.

I wonder if I should just hit it every day and leave it under the budding light or if it is too late for that? I could put it under the veg light for a few weeks and then start again?

You could reveg and start over but it will be a lot of stress for the plant.
If I keep it under the flower light and do it every day this late would you have any idea of my chances of success?

On a positive note, my OG Kush is really sticky and stinky and my NL that is about a month or so into flowering is budding up nicely and smells kind of fruity already. And that is the mother of the cutting I am trying to reverse.

Hmmmm... I am thinking maybe I should put it back in the veg room for a week and spray it every day that way it will not continue to flower as a female and will give it time for the STS to kick in then put it back under the flowering light or do you think that will just throw it out of wack? Probably not fair to ask because who the heck knows, lol...

Some strains are harder to reverse than others.
Never thought of that but it doesn't surprise me since they all seem to vary in so many ways. Hopefully, this one isn't too bad. Despite all my setbacks I still have a good supply in the freezer so all is good.

Back
Top Bottom