Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

Thanks for the suggestions Cadboy. I have been spraying her every day and after a week I am going to put her back into the flower room. If I fail it won't be from lack of trying. :high-five: Just that I don't know what I am doing... :p

Neither do I lol
Next round I'm using STS not a store bought brand. But nevertheless it worked.

Attachments

• 20191018_211025.jpg
    20191018_211025.jpg
    598.6 KB · Views: 4
That's the spirit!
I really enjoy my garden so I want to do it. I may have screwed up this try but eventually, I will get pollen come hell or high water... :headbanger::thumb:

Neither do I lol
Next round I'm using STS not a store bought brand. But nevertheless it worked.
Way to go Cadboy. The proof is in the pudding so I would call that a success!! :thumb:

I really enjoy my garden so I want to do it. I may have screwed up this try but eventually, I will get pollen come hell or high water... :headbanger::thumb:

Fyi pollen is seriously dust. I cant explain how small the particles are and they fly easy. Sneeze and game over lol

Watch some videos on how to collect pollen.

Next round I'm using STS not a store bought brand.
I looked at the store-bought stuff and it cost a fortune so I don't blame you. I was lucky that Old Salt sent me some of the two base chemicals needed and it takes very little to make a lot of solution so the store stuff is a real rip off.

Fyi pollen is seriously dust. I cant explain how small the particles are and they fly easy. Sneeze and game over lol

Watch some videos on how to collect pollen.
I know. I may be making a bit of a mistake because I am allergic to it too. I have a plan that involves isolating it in a closet and using a shop vac. We will see what happens when the rubber hits the road, worst-case scenario is I have to sell my house and move but I think it is worth the risk. :oops:

I know. I may be making a bit of a mistake because I am allergic to it too. I have a plan that involves isolating it in a closet and using a shop vac. We will see what happens when the rubber hits the road, worst-case scenario is I have to sell my house and move but I think it is worth the risk. :oops:
Dust mask and no opening doors, windows, fans ect.

Maybe take a large garbage bag and put the whole plant and pot inside the bag, of course have the bag open lol Kinda like a Christmas tree skirt... this way when it's time, slowly close the bag over the plant. Shake it like a syco and let it settle to the bottom before opening it removing the hopefully stripped plant and collect all the pollen from 1 corner of the bag. Into a smaller reasonable container.

Dust mask and no opening doors, windows, fans ect.

Maybe take a large garbage bag and put the whole plant and pot inside the bag, of course have the bag open lol Kinda like a Christmas tree skirt... this way when it's time, slowly close the bag over the plant. Shake it like a syco and let it settle to the bottom before opening it removing the hopefully stripped plant and collect all the pollen from 1 corner of the bag. Into a smaller reasonable container.
Hmmmm... That bag method may be a good way to get it out of the house to collect. I may try something like that. Thanks.

Wear a full isolation suit, with face mask, air filter, and gloves. Raise the hood, and use masking tape to seal wherever two pieces touch. Grab the pollen outside, and seal it up. Get someone else to hose you, and the outside of the pollen container down thoroughly.

This is what they do for low and mid level chemical or biological hazards. Since pollen is a biological hazard for you...

Wear a full isolation suit, with face mask, air filter, and gloves. Raise the hood, and use masking tape to seal wherever two pieces touch. Grab the pollen outside, and seal it up. Get someone else to hose you, and the outside of the pollen container down thoroughly.

This is what they do for low and mid level chemical or biological hazards. Since pollen is a biological hazard for you...
Well, that was a pretty sobering dose of reality. I would consider it more of an irritant than a biological hazard but honestly I don't know how allergic I am to pollen and cannabis pollen in specific. I have never had anything approaching an anaphylaxis reaction but just get stuffed up sometimes and I know about the pollen because I got the scratch test as a kid.

You have given me pause though and I appreciate your advice.

Well, that was a pretty sobering dose of reality. I would consider it more of an irritant than a biological hazard but honestly I don't know how allergic I am to pollen and cannabis pollen in specific. I have never had anything approaching an anaphylaxis reaction but just get stuffed up sometimes and I know about the pollen because I got the scratch test as a kid.

You have given me pause though and I appreciate your advice.

It may be time to get the test re-done. Your allergy may be gone, as you've been exposed every year outdoors. Several of my wife's allergies have disappeared over the years, although bee stings remain a severe hazard for her.

Well I have seriously horrible allergies this year 1st time in my life its actually been a problem, to the point that I got a allergie test done, took 10 days off work " doctor notes " got a cat scan done and ate 6 boxes of allergies medications untill something worked "Sinutab" thank GOD. I couldn't breath from any face hole I had.

I found out the hard way with cannabis pollen, I'm sure I sniffed it in a bunch. Stuff kinda blew around the work space. Blah blah blah. Basicly cannabis pollen didn't bother me any, well atleast any worse then I already was. But then again I was super clogged up...

Seriously I'd just recommend a dust mask and zero air flow when working with it. Of course soon as possable seal it up and clean up everything with water. If any adverse reactions happens, take some benadryl to slow the reaction and head to the hospital if you feel its necessary. Because if you cant breath, nothing els matters!

It may be time to get the test re-done. Your allergy may be gone, as you've been exposed every year outdoors. Several of my wife's allergies have disappeared over the years, although bee stings remain a severe hazard for her.
Actually the house I bought I seemed to be allergic to and so a few years ago I got tested and now I am allergic to cats and dogs and the previous owners had them but we had them when I was a kid and they didn't bother me then so they can change. Sorry about her bee allergy. I hear those greedy sob's enormously raised the price on the pens. I don't remember of course if I am allergic to pollen anymore.

Well I have seriously horrible allergies this year 1st time in my life its actually been a problem, to the point that I got a allergie test done, took 10 days off work " doctor notes " got a cat scan done and ate 6 boxes of allergies medications untill something worked "Sinutab" thank GOD. I couldn't breath from any face hole I had.

I found out the hard way with cannabis pollen, I'm sure I sniffed it in a bunch. Stuff kinda blew around the work space. Blah blah blah. Basicly cannabis pollen didn't bother me any, well atleast any worse then I already was. But then again I was super clogged up...

Seriously I'd just recommend a dust mask and zero air flow when working with it. Of course soon as possable seal it up and clean up everything with water. If any adverse reactions happens, take some benadryl to slow the reaction and head to the hospital if you feel its necessary. Because if you cant breath, nothing els matters!
Sorry to hear about your sudden affliction sounds awful. Fortunately, I only get stuffed up and sneeze. I went to the allergist and got the tests and instead of injection like the old days he gave me a nasal spray that I was supposed to use twice a day but I find they seem to have cured me because I rarely take them anymore. I hope the cannabis pollen doesn't affect me either. I am thinking maybe at first sight of pollen I should inhale some to see how concerned I should be.

I am going to try it in an empty bedroom I stripped down but have yet to refinish so it has no furniture or carpet so I figure I will do it in the closet and I have an industrial 6 hp shop vac with a HEPA filter I have with a 30 foot hose I can attach to the exhaust I can put outside the room and suck the room clean.

Sorry to hear about your sudden affliction sounds awful. Fortunately, I only get stuffed up and sneeze. I went to the allergist and got the tests and instead of injection like the old days he gave me a nasal spray that I was supposed to use twice a day but I find they seem to have cured me because I rarely take them anymore. I hope the cannabis pollen doesn't affect me either. I am thinking maybe at first sight of pollen I should inhale some to see how concerned I should be.

I am going to try it in an empty bedroom I stripped down but have yet to refinish so it has no furniture or carpet so I figure I will do it in the closet and I have an industrial 6 hp shop vac with a HEPA filter I have with a 30 foot hose I can attach to the exhaust I can put outside the room and suck the room clean.

I was given nasal spray too haha.
Make sure you vacuum is on suck and not blow, that wouldn't be fun. I still think a clear garbage bag around the base and used as a bubble to keep pollen inside the bag is a good idea in general. Only would work tho with a whole plant. Cant see a bag full of pollen being good on a whole plant unless u want a billion seeds.

Back
Top Bottom