Horse's Crawlspace Grow

HorseBadoritz

SOIL GROW

Strain - Unknown clones, possibly White Russian?
# of Plants - 15 + 1
Grow Type - Soil B3
Grow Stage - Vegetative Clones may have been 3 months old when I got them a week ago.
Bucket Size - 1pt - 1/2 Gallon
Lights - 1 1000w MH/HPS air cooled 43" from top of tallest plant
Nutrients - Fox Farm Big Bloom
Medium - 30% Perlite
PPM - 170
PH - 6.5
RH - 50%
Room Temperature -78°
Solution Temperature -65 to 69
Room Square Footage - 13sq' of an open area
Pests - None Known

Problem: My leaves are curling sideways. Any ideas?

Howdy,

I'm an old time, outdoor, dirt farmer trying to go underground. I've been out of action for 5 years. I was given a light, ballast, a fan, and stumbled upon 420... needless to say, the atmosphere and grows here have got me fired up about firing some up:ganjamon:

DSC07626.jpg

Last weekend I was given a pretty nice birthday present of 16 clones. All same mother from bagseed. Might be White Russian.

DSC07624.jpg

When I went to re-pot, over 1/2 the babies had no root systems. No rooting agent on hand, so we scraped the stems and set them in new dirt/perlite. We only have room for 6 plants at the most...so, while we love plant rescue (DW is a sick orchid hospicer<G>), I've got plenty of plants. The tiny ones are hanging in there, we'll see.

I've given 2 feedings of 2tbsps of Big Bloom/gal (last was Thurs. am...letting them dry in between), but today I'm seeing some sideways curling on a lot of the newer leaves.

DSC07620.jpg

I ran some well water (pH 6.9) through the largest plant's pot, and the run-off reads 6.5.

I like tinkering, but try to avoid unnecessary messin', so figured I would start a journal of pitfalls to avoid...

Thanks for any help:peace:

Re: Horse's Crawlspace Grow.

High Horse, getyeup! Nice gifts: Light, clones, desire oh my!
There's nutes in the dirt already, more is not needed yet - they're green.
I grow hydro in coco, so I know exactly what's in my pots, but dirt works too.:peace:
Ventilation is very important, be mindful of air. More is mostly better.
Be prepared for invaders. I spray Neem once, then stand-by watchfully.
When (not if) spidermites arrive, this is my lifeline: SNS-217
+Rep :goodluck:

Thanks PG, I've got a small oscillating fan stirring the air up top, and had a 4" squirrel cage drawing air through the MH light, and venting out of the crawl. I also have another fan mixing up the crawl space air. Are you thinking more?

Dehumidifier is keeping RH around 50%.

I just took out the MH, and put in a 4 bulb (6500K) Sun Blaze T5 HO fixture, it's set about a foot above the canopy... I've got another coming this week.

DSC07629.jpg

I've also dropped the space blanket tent sides, for a little more reflective light. It's not sealed up, air can come and go freely.

DSC07628.jpg

I WILL pick up some SNS 217 and Neem. Be like a good Boy Scout, eh.

And, you're so right about the gifts... nice when the kids take care of the old man:thumb:

:thanks::peace:

PS. may all your colas be Longfellows;) and thanks for the rep.

PPS. After reading the threads here on the hempy buckets, I'm thinking of changing horses before I get too far out into the stream<G>

Oh yes Horse, you're looking good. My rule of thumb for air is: does my skin like it?
Am I comfy in my grow room? In boxers.
T5s are great, they're in my future plans.
Kids do good when they bring grandkids around, for brief visits.
Or gift Dad with a kick-started Canna-grow. ;)
Be like a good Boy Scout, eh.
"Walk softly and carry a big stick"

Oops, curlies happen I suspect from changes/stress/overfeed. New growth comes up nice and I don't care about what is left behind, but I grow hydro in coco. Every day excess water/nutrient washes through to take problems away. Dirt is different where nutrients were there already but who knows what or how much? I believe that flushing is panacea. It's always the new growth that counts most but I don't lose many leaves unless they cozy too close to the bare bulb nearby. Or the blankety cat gets near his salad bar.
Someone else may speak confidently about specifics here, but I say flush and watch.

Okay, I made the cat thing up, no animals were actually harmed. I did flush the girls, then took them to the beauty parlor for a trim.

DSC07631.jpg

The rootless clones are still hanging in there (over a week), I think I see a little improvement.

DSC07632.jpg

The Sun Blaze 24 is definitely keeping girls cool. I did see a few pre-flowers today. I'm thinking switching from the 1000w MH could have been a trigger?

Thanks to all for the support.

I've been slackin' on the journal. Work definitely interferes with my fun.

Some of the more unruly girls got topped,

DSC07637.jpg

and a couple of the naughtier ones are now in bondage. I had some double-sided velcro that works great for that.

DSC07648.jpg

I picked 2 more of the Sunblaze 24s (put another on order, too) and the 4 & 5 coarse perlite came in. I also scarfed a bunch of rose pots from Trader Joe's. I want to give this hempy thing a shot.

The rootless clones still haven't put out any new growth. So,I pulled one out of it's pot, and man, it's got rootlets:slide: Unbelievable to me, I figured they were gonners.

A buddy went to Jamaica a while ago for some work. He was outside the airport with a lady co-worker, and a Jamaican dude came up and said " Hey mon, it's so nice to see a nice Christian couple who wouldn't have anything to do with smoke... where can I take you?"

The lady, who just happens to be Jewish, sez "Hey mon, we're not Christians, and we love to smoke!"

The dude's eyes light up. Well then, I can really help you:cool:

So, I got 3 tortured Jamaican seedlings for my birthday. Put some seltzer bottles (after emptying them into gin<G>) over 'em... they've got some turgor today... Jamaica say you will!

Also, scored some White Russian smoke from the folks who we got the seeds that the above pictured clones were sprouted from. They've got no idea what the seeds were, but I'm pullin' for WR:cheer:... dang, that stuff is guuud.

Ms Horse also told me they had some AK48 clones... she's not into armament, ha.

A fledgling garden shot from today:

DSC07652.jpg

And, the future bloom boudoir...

DSC07657.jpg

man, I've got some work to do:hmmmm:

Later:grinjoint::peace:

I'm thinkin' the leaf curl may have been a little light stress from the 1000w. That's a lotta light for clones and small plants, even 43" away.

Anyhow, I'm in for your crawlspace ganja grow.

It's nice that ms.Horse shares your interest in things horticultural, even if for a different species. Mrs. Sun's interest only seems to perk up at harvest ;)

I'm thinkin' the leaf curl may have been a little light stress from the 1000w. That's a lotta light for clones and small plants, even 43" away.

Anyhow, I'm in for your crawlspace ganja grow.

It's nice that ms.Horse shares your interest in things horticultural, even if for a different species. Mrs. Sun's interest only seems to perk up at harvest ;)

Ahhh, nice to have you stop by. Your led grow was one of the first I fell into... I've got a dossier going on your tips:thanks:

I have a lot to learn about artificial lighting! The new leaves are coming out nicely, so you're probably right on.

Ms Horse is the Cloninator, perma green thumb... and, she likes the smell of Neem:)

I'm going to do my best to keep this grow as dull and uneventful as possible, bwaaah ha ha haaa... I'll also try to dig up a chair with more than two legs.

:peace:

Man, all I can say is this growing pot thing is easy. I went to work, came back, and I got a mom!

DSC07669.jpg

She's a lot cuter than her son.

DSC07659.jpg

A few curls, but I know a good hairdresser:grinjoint:

DSC07660.jpg

A little skewering, cause I had them.

DSC07665.jpg

DSC07662.jpg

I moved the slow clones outside. I noticed some flowers on one today. I had hoped going from 24/0 would make them flower, but one day is crazy.

I might try to plant them in little bulb sized holes hither and yon... hate to toss 'em.

Neemed and AzaMaxed everything, just in case.

And... unbelievably, I found some G13 buds I had seeded anywhere from 5-10 years ago

DSC07672.jpg

Not dank, not rank LOL

Back
Top Bottom