Horse's Crawlspace Grow

ST world know even. Just a vitamin but from all the awards that stuff has supposedly won. I have a bottle on my shelf and outside I always like afew drops in any metered watering. Nice little space down there. Be nice come summer? Temps might rock? See the dehumidifier in the back that might come in mighty handy. Just doing a drive bye GL and Keepem Green +'s and all that....

ST world know even. Just a vitamin but from all the awards that stuff has supposedly won. I have a bottle on my shelf and outside I always like afew drops in any metered watering. Nice little space down there. Be nice come summer? Temps might rock? See the dehumidifier in the back that might come in mighty handy. Just doing a drive bye GL and Keepem Green +'s and all that....

Thanks Norcaliwood, I don't know if SuperThrive is necessary, but I've done some pretty rough things to my girls, always use ST, and they certainly seem to handle the stress quickly... plus, I love the display card ;)

It gets hot down in the hole when we have a stretch of 100° weather. I've dumped the 1000wHPS, and the CMH seems to be much easier to cool. I hope I've the venting working better for the next go round on this non-global climate change 😄

The dehumidifier is more than just handy. The duct work for the house HVAC *rains* in the summer with the AC going... mold city. Plus, I use the dump-off water, a very nice bonus.

Drive by any time :smokin:

:peace:

A heads up for all you CMH hangers: I talked with Advanced Technology, and they have bulb that works off of a MH ballast (don't ask why I was interested in that, ha): CDM330/U/O/4K EA Allstart

Works in any orientation, draws less power than the 400w CMH (something like 330w), and has more red in the spectrum.

Hangin' in there!

And last but not least, a couple of clones living in tent #1 (20/4).

A power plant clone taken in deep flower from the scrog understory. About 3 weeks in a coco mini-hempy.

DSC08198.jpg

She's hanging in there as an experiment.

This was taken off the big JH...

DSC08194.jpg

DSC08195.jpg

Rootie Kazootie:

DSC08196.jpg

DSC08197.jpg

Interesting that most of the roots seem to come out about an inch from the top of the coco?

Both clones were scraped, split, dipped in Olivia's, then put in the coco almost as far as the perlite. Future generations, or science experiments?

I AM ORDERING CLEAR CUPS!!! That is so cool and a great way to watch for root development and when to transplant. My rep in China loves when I get on these forums and find new ideas! Polycarbonate planters here I come.

+reps

I AM ORDERING CLEAR CUPS!!! That is so cool and a great way to watch for root development and when to transplant. My rep in China loves when I get on these forums and find new ideas! Polycarbonate planters here I come.

+reps

As long as your going to do that...make them green polycarbonate planters so the light won't kill off root tips.

Hey Horse, at the moment your last few great posts seem to have been disappeared????

+reps

Thanks woods brother, but it's not my idea! I snagged it on GrowingGirls thread. I'm not sure where you are, but I get them at the Dollar General. 50 for *surprise* a buck :)

I've seen a lot of folks that say don't use clear cups... algae on the roots? I haven't had any troubles with the blue cups, and green might even be better.

I oughta read all the posts before I type... what TT said 😄

As long as your going to do that...make them green polycarbonate planters so the light won't kill off root tips.

Hey Horse, at the moment your last few great posts seem to have been disappeared????

Well dang, did I break the rules again? Wish I could remember what I wrote :)

Doing well, She got her first last night and was pretty stuffy and congersted this am :( Poor little girl is all loaded with meds to try and head off them germs

I hope she's better soon :goodluck: We've got raging maple pollen right now. My grandson's head is packed and his nose runs like a faucet. He hasn't figured out how to blow yet! I feel bad for him til I find snot on the couch pillows ;)

Haha they may be snot-nosed kids but they're our snot-nosed kids :)

When my son was really young we had to send him to day care for a year, they say keep your kid home if they're sick. So I take him in the first day and I swear every kid in there had snot running out of their noses... they were all sick!

So of course he gets sick in a few days, we keep him home and then send him back and he gets something else. Finally it dawned on us why people weren't keeping their kids home when they get sick, you'd have them home 3 days every week.

What do you think is the optimal distance to have your light from the plants? That new bulb sounds great will it also work with a mag ballast?

Anyhow I'm trying to make the rounds while I have some energy, sounds like things are good in the crawl. :peace:

When my son was really young we had to send him to day care for a year, they say keep your kid home if they're sick. So I take him in the first day and I swear every kid in there had snot running out of their noses... they were all sick!

So of course he gets sick in a few days, we keep him home and then send him back and he gets something else. Finally it dawned on us why people weren't keeping their kids home when they get sick, you'd have them home 3 days every week.

What do you think is the optimal distance to have your light from the plants? That new bulb sounds great will it also work with a mag ballast?

Anyhow I'm trying to make the rounds while I have some energy, sounds like things are good in the crawl. :peace:

Hay BlueDog, glad to hear you're perking back up :cheer:

I talked to Advanced about a Metal Halide mag ballast running those CDM lamps (a CMH variation), I'm not sure if an HPS mag ballast will do it. All you've got to do is call them, and you will hear everything there is to know about their lights, though. Very friendly, and must be a little lonely too :)

I think the Retro CMH is about 60 beans, and the CDM is maybe 80. If you have an HPS mag ballast, the CMH is a better deal, I guess, but less of the bloom spectrum.

I've got 3 MH ballast kits (don't ask 😄), so I'll pull the trigger on a CDM sometime. Just gotta reconfigure, oy!

Get well soon, doode,

very typical problem, and MRS BD works in the infant room, So not the little one taking it home it the mrs. Then the baby gets it :( well so far so good today, well still have not got the come home call yet :) well waiting for the post man with my pkgs, wish i had more patience

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom