How do you grow cannabis that yields 5+ pound per plant?

First off let me say that I don't think there are too many indoor plants that can claim 5 pounds of bud, dried! And any people who have super prolific plants with lots of sugary bud are obviously experienced. Every plant I have grown has been better than the ones before it and I can say that I have killed a few too. I have also had some males. Its a learning experience. And in my case if I had a tried and proven method of getting 5 pounds of dried bud all crystally with trichomes, I might not tell anyone and keep the secrets all to myself.

i totally agree with you. im talking about out door. just like you every yr i yield a bit more than previous and a learning curve. but i want a cheat code. unlock secret from growers that can yield that. i just like to know how bc here in my county only allow 12 plants legally. so past yr i have to adjust.

The key is getting them outdoors and vegging early. Huge pots and lots sunshine. Indoors it would be a waste of time growing plants like that due to the number of lights and time involved, i couldnt think of any scenario that i would want to do that. But outdoors Id pot in pure coco coir to get faster growth rates than soil and then you can also feed more. 5lb outdoors isnt difficult really its just making sure you have a good secure place to do it so it doesnt get robbed.

You can get even 7-8 lbs a plant, which you do this way:

1.) Pick a clone that regularly grows big buds and responds well to fertilizers abuse
2.) Start it around December/January indoor
3.) Move to a greenhouse with supplementing light around February/March
4.) Move it out of greenhouse around April/May to a sunny spot in your garden
5.) Start fertilizing the shit out if it, loads of potassium and loads of nitrogen
6.) During summer cage, stake, and spray it
7.) Don't forget about adding more fertilizers
8.) Water every day
9.) Add more fertilizers
10.) Start chopping the buds that are left after bud rot got most of it

Did I miss something? Ah yeah, add more fertilizers :thumb:

I am moving to a, shall we say, more cannabis friendly province and setting up a greenhouse. I do grow my own veggies and berries so what's a pot plant or two mixed in there. I really need sativa for my anxiety relief; makes life worth living.

I say, ask what strain is doing well in the area. Make/get amazing compost, build 100+ gallon raised bed in your greenhouse. Add worms, eggshells, bone meal, ash etc. Do not mulch with wood chips as they drain nitrogen from the soil, feed the worms with leftovers from kitchen. When the soil level drops, add more. Start early indoors, top (manifold) to 16+ main (terminal) stems, double net, to maintain the terminals even and spread your plant wide. Spread the terminals to speed up the lateral branch development. Clean all the undeveloped laterals in veg. Apply love and care. Just make it natural and get the best from the Nature. I don't know if that's the way to produce 5 pounds but definitely a lot. Best of luck and have a nice grow.

Back
Top Bottom