How does plant maturity affect flowering period?

YourHighness

Hi All!

This is the first thread I'm starting on :420: , so please be gentle! :)

I searched through the masses of forums and couldn't find a thread answering quite what I wanted to ask, so if anybody is willing to shed some light on the topic I would really appreciate it.

The best way I can think to ask my question is with a hypothetical situation:

A plant (call it "MotherP") is grown vegetatively for 2 months, then a cutting is taken and rooted (named "Clone1"). Another month passes, and again, a cutting is taken from MotherP and rooted (named "Clone2").

Another month passes. MotherP is 4 months into veg, Clone1 is 2 months into veg, and Clone2 is 1 month into veg.

Say all the plants are put under 12/12 lighting at the same time.

What would the effect be on the lengths of the flowering periods of each of the plants? (i.e. if MotherP took 65 days to flower to maturity, how long would it take Clone1 and Clone2 to reach the same maturity level?)

Thank you for taking the time to read through my ridiculous question. :thumb: :thanks:

I think it would be minimal if all clones are properly rooted. Give it a try!!

Hi All!

This is the first thread I'm starting on :420: , so please be gentle! :)

I searched through the masses of forums and couldn't find a thread answering quite what I wanted to ask, so if anybody is willing to shed some light on the topic I would really appreciate it.

The best way I can think to ask my question is with a hypothetical situation:

A plant (call it "MotherP") is grown vegetatively for 2 months, then a cutting is taken and rooted (named "Clone1"). Another month passes, and again, a cutting is taken from MotherP and rooted (named "Clone2").

Another month passes. MotherP is 4 months into veg, Clone1 is 2 months into veg, and Clone2 is 1 month into veg.

Say all the plants are put under 12/12 lighting at the same time.

What would the effect be on the lengths of the flowering periods of each of the plants? (i.e. if MotherP took 65 days to flower to maturity, how long would it take Clone1 and Clone2 to reach the same maturity level?)

Thank you for taking the time to read through my ridiculous question. :thumb: :thanks:

I will throw my guess into the hat. If all plants are fully rooted and in a vegetative growth stage I would say each will take about the same 65 days to flower to maturity.

/Obi
:peace:

I think it would be minimal if all clones are properly rooted. Give it a try!!

Thanks Buckshot, I might just do that, and I'll be sure to let everyone know what the eventual outcome is! :)

I will throw my guess into the hat. If all plants are fully rooted and in a vegetative growth stage I would say each will take about the same 65 days to flower to maturity.

/Obi

I find this fascinating! When I asked the question, I honestly thought that plant maturity would have a significant impact on flowering time. Thank you for your input Obi! :thanks:

I agree with Obi.

3-0 for the same flowering period :hmmmm: :whoa: Interesting!

Anyone else with an opinion/actual experience on the topic?

Considering they're clones, doesn't that make them all the same age and maturity of its mother? They may slow down to root but other than that they should be identical in pretty much every other aspect

Considering they're clones, doesn't that make them all the same age and maturity of its mother? They may slow down to root but other than that they should be identical in pretty much every other aspect

That makes a lot of sense! What leads me to wonder whether it is perhaps more complex is whether the act of actually taking the cutting, rooting it, and forcing into the vegatative state would perhaps negate the effects of the maturation that the clone had undergone and cause it to basically need to start all over again, as the energy would be devoted to developing a strong root system and further vegetative growth. Is that a possibility? :hmmmm:

I don't think it would negate the maturation of the plant, but it would seem the plant stops the entire process for root development, and then probably picks up exactly where it left off. Maybe if I get super high and ask my plants... lol

I don't think it would negate the maturation of the plant, but it would seem the plant stops the entire process for root development, and then probably picks up exactly where it left off. Maybe if I get super high and ask my plants... lol

I think that for now that is an acceptible conclusion PeytonManning :) Thanks for your input :high-five: I'm going to experiment with this in future.

Get high enough that plants can talk? Challenge Accepted :riskybusiness: :lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom