HydroDoc Grow - Deep Purple - Sativa Diablo - Black Velvet - Hydro - LED - AN Nutes

hydrodoc

HydroDoc Grow: Deep Purple, Sativa Diablo, Black Velvet; Hydroponic, LED, AN Nutes
My FIRST grow.

----------- 6.5 gal. continuous system.
Bubblers
15 gal resevoir, continuous PPM, pH, temp.
Stainless steel reservoir chiller, keeps at approx 67-69 F
Advanced Nutrients
Room Purpose built. 6x5x8 ft high.
Mylar coated walls
Insulated, isolated
Apollo COB Full Spectrum 768W LED x 3
In and out forced air, with carbon filtering
Soleus portable A/C, vented to the outside
R/O filter
CO2 system
CIrc. Fans.

here are updated photos, taken earlier today.
Canon Digital, 105 Macro lens, lens mounted macro flash, iso 200, fStop 9.0, shutter 60.

Photos taken today at 4 weeks into flower

Black Velvet close up
953P9696_copy.jpg

Deep Purple
953P9668_copy.jpg

Black Velvet
953P9687_copy.jpg

Sativa Diablo
953P9676_copy.jpg

Sativa Diablo
953P9684_copy.jpg

Sativa Diablo
953P9685_copy.jpg

Lower branch of Deep Purple
953P9671_copy.jpg

Black Velvet
953P9669_copy.jpg

Earlier Photos

953P9624.JPG

953P9597.JPG

First photo after setup Res is clean now.
953P9608.JPG

Re: HydroDoc Grow: Deep Purple, Sativa Diablo, Black Velvet; Hydroponic, LED. AN Nute

How could this beautiful flower become a Herme?

953P9811_copy.jpg

This is a deep purple Indica/Sativa strain that turned hermaphrodite, pollinated itself, and a few flowers around it.
953P9820.JPG

Same plant, seeds everywhere.
953P9825.JPG

The only plant of 5 that did not get pollinated. It was also the farthest away.
953P9843.JPG

Re: HydroDoc Grow: Deep Purple, Sativa Diablo, Black Velvet; Hydroponic, LED. AN Nute

See above photos.
These plants are in the beginning of the 5th week of flower lighting.
I harvested the plant that had seeds everywhere and cut out the buds with seed in three other plants, with care, and I am continuing the grow. Photographs taken with two Alien Bees B800 studio strobes, Canon Eos-1, 100 mm macro lens, pocket wizard multimax for sync. lights to camera. fstop 11, shutter speed 1/60

Re: HydroDoc Grow - Deep Purple - Sativa Diablo - Black Velvet - Hydro - LED - AN Nut

They all look great. If you don't want those seeds just send them my way. She still looks beautiful to me. I have smoked hermaphrodite buds before that I got for 5 a gram, and were better than a lot of the stuff I have paid 20 for

Re: HydroDoc Grow - Deep Purple - Sativa Diablo - Black Velvet - Hydro - LED - AN Nut

This deep purple was harvested yesterday. It started out as a almost discarded little scrub. It was tucked in between other plants and survived.
SMALL Deep Purple

Small_Plant.JPG

FROSTY IS GOOD

Frosted_flakes.jpg

LEAF SHOWING ABOUT 5-10% AMBER TRICHOMES. ALL OF THEM ARE OPAQUE
953P9974.JPG

CLOSE UP TO SHOW THE AMBER TRICHOMES

Amber_TC_close.jpg

That looks delicious

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Question: will I be able to add the final photos and report of harvest to the journal?
Thanks for your kind words. I will post on the smoke experience.

Yes, you can still add posts to any thread that has not been closed, regardless of what forum it's under. We rarely close journal threads and yours remains open as well.

Question: will I be able to add the final photos and report of harvest to the journal?
Thanks for your kind words. I will post on the smoke experience.

Hello hydrodoc, here are my tasting notes. I'm sure I'm posting this in the wrong place, but oh well, at least you'll see it:

1 - BC Roadkill Skunk x Deep Chunk indica - The bud was compressed, and had to be disassembled carefully. This one gave me an intense body high -- I became very hungry, and a little sleepy too. People who use marijuana as medicine often want exactly this effect. If it were music: Tibetan throat singing, when you can hear the overtones as separate notes.

2 Deep Purple x Reserva Privada- Very bright flavor, crisp and to the point. The bud structure was open and easy to manipulate. If it were music... well, this was a hard one. I the beginning, I got a classic rock feeling, maybe from Led Zeppelin, but now I think it's Bob Dylan's first album, tremendous new energy infused into a traditional format.

3 - Sativa Diablo - Dense and intellectual. It reminds me of Northern Lights, and the smell brought me back to Minnesota in the early 90's. If it were music: Igor Kipnis banging away at some eight-voice contrapuntal nightmare on his Robinette-Rutkowski harpsichord, the one with the metal frame and the 16' stop, that took six people to move...

4 - Black Velvet (The Black x Burmese) - Strong and smooth. Very modern structure, and I think any recreational user would be happy with this. If it were music (and this was an easy one): Praga Khan's Jazz Trippin. "Sexy, low, and long, powerful and strong..."

Thanks again!!!

Hey, just stepped in now. I'm eager to see how those ladies are looking by now. They must have fattened up!

Let's see more of those great shots of yours!

Keep up the good job.
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom