Okay, sounds good.
Can u tell if these look cloudy enough?

2085AD5E-A952-4E9A-B43D-51E4BC26A37F.jpeg

6178F985-F246-4EF6-AB1D-9D26DB68B434.jpeg

Your plants will probably not be ready for at least 2 weeks, as it's a rare outside plant ready for harvest this early. And to really see the color of your calyx trichomes you will need a loupe or magnifier. A cheap jeweler's loupe if your hands are steady (but hard to take pictures with) all the way up to one of those new wifi microscopes for $40. That's what I use now.

Your buds should smell like hay or wet grass while they are drying, as that's the chlorophyll leaving the plant (a good thing). That smell will probably go away by the second week post-chop.
on Sept 24th you posted about 2 weeks or so to go...so i'm hoping for an (all cloudy) no clear trichome report by OCT 10th :) but we will see, so far i've only harvested the 1/2 dead plant but i did call out to some friends to help me trim this Sunday, i'll know more if i get the report back from the Lab tomorrow.

You need to decarb it first anyway, so put I put fresh weed in the oven at 180ºF until it's dry and then turn the oven to 240ºF for another hour to decarb.
Thanks Shed, after its decarbed, do you then add it to melted butter and put i back in the oven at 200f for another hour?

There are so many ways to make cannabutter that you should start with a Google search and check them out to see which one suits you best.

I make it in a Magical Butter machine. They're a sponsor here and it's a great investment if you plan on making butter and oils.

Otherwise, I would say jar at 160° in the oven for 4 hours, shaking at least every half an hour. You can also do it on the stove in a double boiler. Like I said, Google search is the best place to start.

Thanks,i've made it before but not from fresh trim. I just got an ear full from a guy who has his own grow Farm, and retails . He saidI'm doing it wrong and should not be wet trimming and i also need a humidifier, WHY?
Please tell me if this is wrong, this is my method:
First pull off fan leaves while still on plant a day before harvest.
then cut branch and trim sugar leaves down to the bud/flower.
Keep on stem and bud wash (3 buckets lemon juice and bkg soda in first bucket then 2 rinses in clean cold.
let dry on hangers for 4 to 6 hrs in my kitchen. Then
Move to a dark closet with a "tiny" little fan for 7 days at about 55 to 65 RH in my closet.
After that will buck the buds and keep on mesh hanging baskets in the close for any buds with stems that are still too moist.

Thanks I will do that. I thought if I was able to keep the humidity levels between 55 and 60 in my grow closet I should be fine without all the other equipment but I’ll wait to hear back from you on that in the meantime I checked a few that I hung last week and after bud washing and drying a bit in the closet they look a little crispy brown black is that normal? They definitely had no bud rot so I don’t know why they’re so dark. I was booking these and I’m ready to move them to jars to cure the stem snap but don’t break so I assume it’s good the outside leaves are looking a little crispy

A7D0738B-7266-409C-8824-FEFC1E23ED6E.jpeg

672CCB25-818A-4C00-86BC-0002C46F10A6.jpeg

• First pull off fan leaves while still on plant a day before harvest. - check
• then cut branch and trim sugar leaves down to the bud/flower. - check
• Keep on stem and bud wash (3 buckets lemon juice and bkg soda in first bucket then 2 rinses in clean cold. - check
• let dry on hangers for 4 to 6 hrs in my kitchen. - check
• Move to a dark closet with a "tiny" little fan for 7 days at about 55 to 65 RH in my closet. - This is fine if you will be line drying and then going to turkey bags or jars for the burping time.
• After that will buck the buds and keep on mesh hanging baskets in the closet for any buds with stems that are still too moist. - You can use the mesh bags for that or use them instead of line drying.

Once the stems snap without breaking, the buds go into jars/turkey bags with hygrometers for 12 hours to tell you what the RH is. That tells you whether you pulled them too soon and they need more air drying. You're looking for ~68-70% RH. If it's higher, into the mesh. Spot-on or lower, onto the burping stage in the jars/bags.

Then it's burp twice a day for a week and once a day for a week. At that point you should be around 62%, at which time you seal them in jars with Boveda 62s for the cure.

Your buds look fine, and the reason to wet trim outside plants is to check each bud for mold or caterpillars at harvest. If you dry trim your buds could be ruined by then.

• First pull off fan leaves while still on plant a day before harvest. - check
• then cut branch and trim sugar leaves down to the bud/flower. - check
• Keep on stem and bud wash (3 buckets lemon juice and bkg soda in first bucket then 2 rinses in clean cold. - check
• let dry on hangers for 4 to 6 hrs in my kitchen. - check
Oh I want to go back and correct something here. It's pull fans, harvest, wash, then trim while they're doing the drip dry thing. I hang them all for an hour and then start taking them off to trim and hang them back up while the rest drip. If they're still dripping when I'm done trimming I leave them hanging for another hour and then string them up in the dark to dry.

I got a lab results back today on the plant that’s still in the pot. The sample non my early harvest isn’t back yet.

32C251CD-B05E-4AD5-A521-6EF072E1BBE5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom