Icemud LED Grow Featuring The All New Budmaster COB Technology - White Full Spectrum

Re: Icemud LED Grow Featuring The All New Budmaster COB Technology - White Full Spect

Thanks Mr. Krip!!! I'm super excited too, but probably won't be popping any of them until at least 1-2 more seed projects are finished.. however I have been thinking about maybe popping 2 of them, to add into the next breeding round... 3 way cross? :)

I've always been fond of 3-ways! I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out with seeds! :rofl:

Re: Icemud LED Grow Featuring The All New Budmaster COB Technology - White Full Spect

I say again, "I'll help you test all those seeds."
IMG_20160905_223816.jpg

:rofl:

Gratz on the seeds Brotha
I'm doing a seed run myself atm
try using that silicon glove instead suppose to be good for grabbing hot pans out of the oven
just a thought avoid cotton sticking :rofl:
as far as pulling seeds I just press from the bottom of the bud and work my way up the good seeds will easily pop out
you may have to work a few out but most of them will drop out

Gratz on the seeds Brotha
I'm doing a seed run myself atm
try using that silicon glove instead suppose to be good for grabbing hot pans out of the oven
just a thought avoid cotton sticking :rofl:
as far as pulling seeds I just press from the bottom of the bud and work my way up the good seeds will easily pop out
you may have to work a few out but most of them will drop out

Sheesh... now you tell me Cronic!!! LOL

I totally forgot about the "love glove", as I threw it in a closet and forgot about it since I got it...

Yea I got quicker with the process as I got through more plants, and I'm really glad that I kept the plants small, and still managed to get hundreds of seeds. I couldn't imagine deseeding a 4' bush...wow..

I pretty much would pull a bud off the stem, and roll it between my fingers, and the beans would pop out and roll down the angled mirror I was working over which worked pretty well. Still was extremely sticky though.. I think for next round I may try to find a screen with small "seed sized" holes, and use it almost like a cheese grater.

I did get some nice finger hash though :)

Can't wait to get started on these beans, but still want to do a few 1st round pollenations before completely switching over to working the strains :)

Happy Fried Day brotha!!

You gotta' admit, though....it's soooooo much better when de-seeding to collect seeds from your own breeding program than when we used to have to de-seed some bag we were about to smoke that was bought from some guy on a street corner! :)

Have a great weekend! :high-five:

Hey, Icemud, can you do me a favor and check a post that I made to make sure that my numbers are reasonably accurate? (Thanks!) After I posted, I kind of wondered if I should have refrained from doing so, lol. Err... Feel free to school me and save the OP (if necessary), but be gentle, please ;) .

Here is my post:
300W LED for single plant or 210W?

I run 3-4 under 750
all depends on the size and growth of the plant

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Re: Icemud LED grow: Featuring the All new Budmaster COB technology (white full spect

have you grown with the spectrum king 600? is bud masters better than spectrum king in your opinion>?

Re: Icemud LED grow: Featuring the All new Budmaster COB technology (white full spect

have you grown with the spectrum king 600? is bud masters better than spectrum king in your opinion>?

Never used SK, and wouldn't. They are overpriced high bay warehouse lights marketed as grow lights. Poor design in my opinion. Budmasters are awesome LED grow lights and I highly recommend them.

Hi Ice, :surf:

Just swishing through to see that you are kicking ass as usual and I am getting better, too......who loves ya baby....!! :circle-of-love:

So...legalization...what is going to change for you.....?

Hi Ice, :surf:

Just swishing through to see that you are kicking ass as usual and I am getting better, too......who loves ya baby....!! :circle-of-love:

So...legalization...what is going to change for you.....?

Hey Shawnee! glad to see you and happy that all is well for ya ;) Things are going good for me too for the most part. Ya know lifes hiccups of course always seem to pop up here and there, but so far very blessed.

ahhh...legalization.. well... not much has changed for me personally, but we will see as they start to implement the laws around Jan 2018 when official licensing is supposed to be available. With my medical card, I no longer am stuck with a plant limit but instead have a square footage of 100sqft im allowed to grow which I guess is good. Most cities in California are banning most elements of cannabis business and only about 20 cities are allowing any type of cultivation, mfg, distribution licenses at all, so its going to be very interesting for the next few years in Cali.

What I see happening is this.. almost all the current cannabis businesses will continue to operate as normal. Once state licensing, lab testing requirements, restrictions of dealing only with other license holders things are going to get very interesting. Licensed cannabis business only will be allowed to deal with other licensed bodies, so the legit and licensed operations I see coming online very slowly with product as the system works out the kinks. Unfortunately these legit and licensed businesses will not be able to carry any of the products currently available because only about 5% of the products even have correct labeling on them and most probably are operating out of the grey area or black market as most cities aren't allowing any cannabiz... so initially I see the black market continuing to thrive for a few more years, but once the legit businesses start seeing the unlicensed business down the street taking their money, I think snitching and lawsuits will become very prominent as its already starting to happen. Then it will be up to local law enforcement to shut down the illegitimate businesses in favor of legal ones... which is also already happening. Once that big investors, unlimited cultivation area licenses are allowed about 4 years down the line, that is where I see the industry taking the path of alcohol, where you have your few major players, like your millers and annheisers, and then you will see your "craft" marijuana brands. Unfortunately right now, land is very scarce within approved city zones for permitted cannabusiness, so really only people with a few million or more can even get into the business right now legally and its only going to get worse as more and more cities restrict any cannabiz in their zones...

I basically see the industry as we know it completely going corporate, most of the top shelf strains and buds will stay under lock and key and we will see an abundance of commercially produced weed flood the market, driving prices down, and pretty much putting most people out of business unless they have something special. GMO weed is already starting to be experimented with so I can see frankenstrains being produces, some to the benefit of specific terpenes or cannabinoids being produced in a particular plant, but also can see brands like monsanto/scotts coming into the picture and even making it worse. (scotts already is investing hundreds of millions into all aspects of cannabis, from buying botanicare and general hydroponics, to owning 3/4 of gavita, to..... and the list goes on...

So pretty much I see within the next 5-10 years the complete flipflop of this industry which overall is good for legalization, but I also see it ruining the culture as we currently know it too...as the laws, at least here in California are written only for the rich....

as for me, I will be happy growing my personal plants, and eventually running a large facility legitimately, but its going to be far from anything we currently know, and more along the lines of a very regulated industry like food, produce or even drugs.

Thanks for the write up and musing, Ice....I am enjoying our medical program for all it's worth right now before we go legal as well...."Progress" can be painful.....

Icemud, I just wanted to say thank you for starting this journal waay back. Also for all the r/d you've put in about led lighting. It was your journal that led me to COBs. With the assistance and steering of a few other 420mag members as well as youtube, I have built my own cob lights. My tent is fully saturated with Led light now! All 3 fixtures were built for the price of my 1 store bought fixture. The XmL350. I mean no dsirespect to you or your thread by mentioning my lights or the pre made one. Just a shot of gratitude to ya. Big ups to ya! Keep the grow love pumpin'

StayFrosty,
CanEyeBus

Hey CanEyeBus,

I have been following Ice for about 5 years now, his journal is the first that I stumbled upon at 420 and he not only inspired me but I simply adore him as well.....he rocks, doesn't he?????

Thanks for the write up and musing, Ice....I am enjoying our medical program for all it's worth right now before we go legal as well...."Progress" can be painful.....

You are welcome Shawnee :) Its really hard to say what the future holds for cannabis because there are so many factors at hand. The one thing I really do like is the crackdown and forced testing on dispensary products for molds, pesticides and contaminates. Too many profit driven growers, products, edibles, extracts are put on the market, especially for medical patients that actually could cause more harm.

Its part of the reason I started to grow my own as I met many "commercial" growers back then that sprayed Eagle 20 on their crops (myclobutinol) which when heated turns into hydrogen cyanide. I brought this up to the growers and they didn't even care.... like patients and end users were not important which pissed me off, but also made me start growing my own. I also rarely will take dabs, eat edibles or use any extract products because I simply don't trust them... and too many lab tests that have been done have showed there are a lot of tainted products with even things like feces and e coli on them. So I really like the fact that after 2018 all products will have to go through 3rd party lab testing including potency, pesticides, bacteria/mold and other contaminates. :) a huge plus to the industry!

I really hope that having the Trump administration actually making things happen could play to our benefit as well as but only time will tell.

Icemud, I just wanted to say thank you for starting this journal waay back. Also for all the r/d you've put in about led lighting. It was your journal that led me to COBs. With the assistance and steering of a few other 420mag members as well as youtube, I have built my own cob lights. My tent is fully saturated with Led light now! All 3 fixtures were built for the price of my 1 store bought fixture. The XmL350. I mean no dsirespect to you or your thread by mentioning my lights or the pre made one. Just a shot of gratitude to ya. Big ups to ya! Keep the grow love pumpin'

StayFrosty,
CanEyeBus

Hey CaneyeBus!!! been a long while, glad to see you stop by! You are absolutely welcome for the info and the help. I never mind helping a fellow grower make a good lighting choice and I am really happy to hear you went with COBS and are enjoying them :) I really appreciate you sharing you progress, and you are absolutely welcome for anything I helped with :) Check out my new journals too, the link is in my signature... my seed project was a flop, but starting another very soon within the next week or 2, and my other journal will be flipping to flowering in the next week as well :)

Back
Top Bottom