Icemud's LED Overkill - 3x Advanced LED XTE 300s - Blue Dream - University Hills OG

Re: Icemud's LED Overkill - 3x Advanced LED XTE 300s - Blue Dream - University Hills

Luv the videos man. Respect
:bravo:

Cool Stuff and great seeing someone going "green" with LED. If it were less expensive to invest in such, I would without a doubt.

Good looking Blue Dream! Will be rolling it again in my future time. I find it that if you LST and top more you can avoid such stretching and get more efficient light distribution on bud areas by keeping them shorter but wider. It's worthy if you're confined to a grow room/area, in which you don't benefit from high (you loose penetration for as much as you higher the light source). It really gets the buds thick imo.

Overall great growth keep it going! Nice vids :Namaste:

I use supercropping quite often in flowering when the plants get too tall. I love how it allows for the lower buds to grow upwards away from the stem and helps them form nice perfect shaped nugs, as well as allows for better light distribution across the entire stem/branch. Yea it does seem that the more "tops" that are formed pre flowering, it limits the stretch quite a bit... I use a little of all the techniquies...some LST, some topping and some supercropping :) like how each one is different and provides benefits too. I love LST and supercropping because they don't slow the plants growth, but like topping because it seems to allow for a better plant structure overall :)

Re: Icemud's LED Overkill - 3x Advanced LED XTE 300s - Blue Dream - University Hills

I think you have inspired me to do my very first grow journal. Honestly I've been chomping at the bit to show my method for a while now. Here are a few pic of the girls at week 5.2 in veg. This is two days after I did a complete reap and defoliation. Leaf mass has almost doubled on my sugar leaves. It'll be time to build the net pretty soon. =)

20150220_123517.jpg

20150220_123624.jpg

20150220_123728.jpg

Very nice setup!! I am happy that you started a grow journal...Make sure to put the link in your signature so others can follow. And feel free to drop by and share the link to your journal. Would love to see another Advanced XTE grow :) These lights do amazing things... those are the 400's your using right?

Very nice plants and garden, what strain?

Awesome Update ICE! I was able to harvest a couple of plants so far, and all I can say is thanks for all the Vid's and Info you put out and the info you shared made my 1st grow a success so far!!

Thank You Brother! Much appreciated.. seriously.. :Namaste:

:high-five::thumb::volcano-smiley:

Hey K0ncept!!! Thanks brotha! I love helping as much as time allows... lately I've been working a lot so my time has been somewhat limited to the weekends but still love helping others too :) Your 1st grow turned out amazing!!!! Can't wait to see whats next up in the garden!

Are you going to get more clones from Socaldam? I've tried other places in the area, and they all suck compared to the strains I have gotten from Socaldam... haven't checked their menu in a while but may have to see what they have too :)

Beautiful plants!! :)

Thank you so much DrZiggy!!!!

I bought one of these a few weeks ago and was trying to stuff the rolled joint inside the glass :loopy:
thinking this hole is too small.

I just used it correctly and it works great. Thanks Icemud :)

Hahaha!!! that is funny!!! It took me a few times to figure it out as well. I rolled a joint and then stuffed it in the 1st time, it wouldn't stay in and got clogged. Then I tried leaving room for it and pushing it in but couldn't get the glass piece to stay. Then finally I figured I must have to roll it up with the glass piece in there... bingo :)

I did some supercropping last night to the tallest branches in the tent because they were getting way to close to the lights for comfort as they still are stretching. I supercropped the blue dream, and the 2 GSC plants as they were the tallest, and started cleaning up the bottom branches and junk off the plants. I was so tired from work that I stopped and just got rest and today will finish cleaning up all the "smalls" and do some more positioning of branches to allow for better penetration and airflow. I still am going to wait till around day 20-25 to do my 1st defoliation. I want the plants to be done with the majority of their stretch before I start choosing which leaves to cut.

super cropping is my favorite method and if it still gets to tall then I start tying them down :thumb:

You saved my ASS last time with the Supercropping tip!! I was about to start digging a hole in the floor that last time. And I DO want to get some other strains, but since somehow I had 100% success with that EZ cloner and ended up with WAY too many clones of them. So yesterday I was able to unload 6 of them, and hopefully another 6 or so today so I can make some room..

That Pineapple genetic I got from them, amazing!
The Plat Bubba, Amazing! I actually passed out yesterday lol woke up at 8pm WTFOOK!

Question on the SoCal Damn, how many days does this wanker take? Today is day 60 in flower, they are pretty cloudy, hardly any ambers. but the smell is amazing, bud's are on the smaller size but very dense. I just cant find how long it should take lol.. The Pineapple I let go to day 55 and she was ALL cloudy and amber's, the bubba seemed to keep about the same pace.. But the So Cal, SLOWWWWWWWWWWW!! But like I said looks and smells amazing.. But I don't think it will finish for at least a week or more.. :(

Right now I still have cuts of all of them in the veg tent.. + Mothers.. I shut the cloner down 4 weeks ago and still have no room... Once I get rid of another 8 or so I will order some new strains, or we should trade some :)

I have the Pineapple, Plat Bubba, So Cal Damn and I have a really nice mother of Abusive OG, but I don't have any room to take any new clones.. I want to get a cut of SFV, GSC, and maybe Blue Dream and Holy Grail in the near future tho..

I cant test any of that bubba during daylight hours as I find myself sleeping allot lol..

And man you help is always flowing, its a click away on your tube channel! I learned so much there, I was searching for the one video where you had grown the SoCal Damn, so I could compare it to mine to see where I am with it hehe..

Keep rocking it!!

You saved my ASS last time with the Supercropping tip!! I was about to start digging a hole in the floor that last time. And I DO want to get some other strains, but since somehow I had 100% success with that EZ cloner and ended up with WAY too many clones of them. So yesterday I was able to unload 6 of them, and hopefully another 6 or so today so I can make some room..

That Pineapple genetic I got from them, amazing!
The Plat Bubba, Amazing! I actually passed out yesterday lol woke up at 8pm WTFOOK!

Question on the SoCal Damn, how many days does this wanker take? Today is day 60 in flower, they are pretty cloudy, hardly any ambers. but the smell is amazing, bud's are on the smaller size but very dense. I just cant find how long it should take lol.. The Pineapple I let go to day 55 and she was ALL cloudy and amber's, the bubba seemed to keep about the same pace.. But the So Cal, SLOWWWWWWWWWWW!! But like I said looks and smells amazing.. But I don't think it will finish for at least a week or more.. :(

Right now I still have cuts of all of them in the veg tent.. + Mothers.. I shut the cloner down 4 weeks ago and still have no room... Once I get rid of another 8 or so I will order some new strains, or we should trade some :)

I have the Pineapple, Plat Bubba, So Cal Damn and I have a really nice mother of Abusive OG, but I don't have any room to take any new clones.. I want to get a cut of SFV, GSC, and maybe Blue Dream and Holy Grail in the near future tho..

I cant test any of that bubba during daylight hours as I find myself sleeping allot lol..

And man you help is always flowing, its a click away on your tube channel! I learned so much there, I was searching for the one video where you had grown the SoCal Damn, so I could compare it to mine to see where I am with it hehe..

Keep rocking it!!

The cut of GSC that they have is I believe the same one that I have... if its the same they had like 2 years ago. Also that SocalDam OG is amazing! Even though when I grew it I didn't turn out the best (my error) I have sampled it grown amazingly and its one killer og cut!

I can't exactly remember but I believe I ran the SocalDam OG for around 75 days... which usually is about where I run all my OG's... between 75-85 days for the most part... but I have had some like holy grail og that I ran for 100+ days

If you can get Holy Grail OG, I would highly recommend it... It is one of my highest yielding plants to date, as well as one of the strongest I have grown yet. Very pungent smell, very very strong..

I also ran there SFV OG for a while.. would still have it but I accidently killed it and its an amazing cut...nice big fat nugs, and amazing flavor and potency...

I would love to try that pineapple, may have to see what they have on the menu in the near future.

Thank You! I was hoping I wasn't too far off. 75-85 seems about when it will finish too.. I was shocked at how the pineapple did, that's a crazy cut, it just does everything on auto pilot. Only problem was keeping it under control, but compared to growing the bubba, the Pineapple is a breeze.. Bubba wants to go all out of control, and the pineapple is all perfect size and shape and sturdy structure, and you can sample it during the day without falling down, insane taste and smell, like fruit seriously.. imagine cooking with it, as I think it would enhance food and no need to mask it.

That Plat Bubba is like getting hit by a truck, you get a WTF feeling, maybe I should harvest the next one sooner? To keep the beyond couch lock to a minimum? But then my friend came over with his recently harvested Bubba Skywalker, and they were really close in taste in smell compared to one another, and with the same effect as well lol.. My friend and I were trying to compare the 2, but were so tore up, that we gave up lol..

If you want a cut of that pineapple just let me know, as well as the so cal and bubba, I have a few I need to get rid of and don't require a donation, these would be a gift brother! Rooted in FFOF and in pots ready for x-planting.. I know you have your rec and this is all medical, just shoot me a pm if you want..

I took your advice, after some research, Icemud, and just ordered six fem DNA Genetics Holy Grail Kush!!!

Just got my confirmation from Herbie!! ;)

They sound sweet, might be my summer grow, or one it two!! Do you think that plant will do a SCROG?

Eta,,, I Hope you don't mind me taking your advice and intruding!!! But I was lurking in here again, and on the hunt for beans....

Looks good ice.

On another note the xml350 in a 4x4 not quite the coverage they claim(had to put cfl's for side lighting). I will be getting 2 200watt xte in the near future.

you can use 4 150 and itll give better coverage in a 4x4

I took your advice, after some research, Icemud, and just ordered six fem DNA Genetics Holy Grail Kush!!!

Just got my confirmation from Herbie!! ;)

They sound sweet, might be my summer grow, or one it two!! Do you think that plant will do a SCROG?

Eta,,, I Hope you don't mind me taking your advice and intruding!!! But I was lurking in here again, and on the hunt for beans....

The holy grail is an amazing plant... grows very fast and loves to be scrogged and trained with LST... You will really dig it I think. I scrogged mine and it was a beast!!!

Never mind you stopping in to say hey or ask questions :)

Looks good ice.

On another note the xml350 in a 4x4 not quite the coverage they claim(had to put cfl's for side lighting). I will be getting 2 200watt xte in the near future.

Yeah most LED's coverage is actually less than advertised... I usually suggest getting more smaller lights than one larger one to increase coverage and penetration with LED. They usually are very directional lights so they don't spread much within the first few feet above the canopy for most lights with dual lenses.

you can use 4 150 and itll give better coverage in a 4x4

I agree :) more lower wattage lights vs one large one is usually the case...unless you are a 1000w per plant type grower, then you would want to go with a larger wattage LED :)

Here are a few photos from tonight... cleaned up the bottom junk off the plants as well as did some supercropping to even out the canopy.

IMG_20150221_215315.jpg
IMG_20150221_215330.jpg
IMG_20150221_215422.jpg
IMG_20150221_215431.jpg
IMG_20150221_215541.jpg

Looks Great but when hasn't it :thumb:

Cool Stuff and great seeing someone going "green" with LED. If it were less expensive to invest in such, I would without a doubt.

But it us cheaper to grow with LED. Significantly lower costs for A/C, ventilation, electricity, water, fertilizers, replacement bulbs, etc. when you calculate your actual annual costs instead of just the up front cost of the lights.

But, of course, I do understand that the initial sticker shock can be unnerving.

Hey Ice! Stellar looking grow. Just wanted to say thanks for all the info that you share, and also I'm glad to get some validation on my choice of lights. I bought an XTE200 for my 3X3-ish space, and it's blowing away my 600 or so watts of CFL that I was using, plus got rid of my heat issues. I actually put some of the CFLs back in to help generate heat - it was that or a heater (might as well get the few extra photons)...anyway I plan to add one more XTE200 to the space for 4 plants (in my first Doc Bud run!) - I was debating on trying for a 300, and maybe using the 200 for veg, but I like your arguments for multiple smaller units, so I think I will get another 200 and use both for flowering. Do you think 400 watts would be sufficient in that space for 4 plants in 7 gallon containers? Do you think that 4 in 7s is too much for a space that size?

Back
Top Bottom