In recovery and growth is slow

Th34v4t4r

Hi guys I'm new here. I've been reading the forums for a few months but now it seem I need to post for some advice.

I was about a month into my first grow. Sensi skunk in soil with led lights, tent fans etc.

I noticed what looked to be my plants getting eaten so I rushed out for peat controller and sprayed the little buggers. Time went on and I began to think the problem was getting worse, I realized it wasn't mites or anything but a case of root rot on both my babies and or ph lockout. The leafs started to discolour and come out all twisted

I flushed the buggers and dropped the ph and they both dried out. One ended up dying but after a week, I chopped of a lot of bad stuff and left the green remains, there was some cabbage like growth on the leafs as they were new and I left them and left them till new crisp nice none discoloueed leafs started coming fresh. Eureka I thought I'd saved it.

So since I was left with just one, I hatched another seedling 2 weeks ago. This is already bigger then my other plant in recovery.

The plant that was stressed has grown new leaves and colas and is trying to thrive but in comparison the leaves are tiny and I suspect foul play still in the mix.

I'm not sure the best way to post pictures anon but if you guys tell me I'll happily upload. Any advice will be great.

I know my ph is fine now and I'm good on my newts I have plenty e oufh light and I am no longer overwatering.

Is it normal to have slow plant growth 2/3 weeks out of recovery the plant is about 7weeks old. Thanks in advanced guys and sorry if I posted in the wrong topic area as sorted earlier I am new here.. thank

I think there's a sticky on how to upload pics gotta load to site then you can put it in thread
As far as your problem is the seedling in the same soil as the other and what's difrence between the 2 usually a week or 2 is all they need but I'm in hydro so cant really say for soil

Go to gallery, top right hand corner, then click your media, then click add media, when it pops up and it will say create personal album at the bottom of the list, upload them to there, then once there uploaded to new created folder then click the little camera sign in the comment section to upload buddy, hope this is understandable for you.

If you can see the pictures. All the bite marks and things I thought were mites but it wasn't. I recovered one. But now if you see the picture of the seedling and the month old in recovery side by side. The leaf size is dramatically different. The seedling is healthy growing fast bit my mature in recover seem to be struggling to shape out it's leafage still

I've been paying close attention to my new seedling today as it is growing bigger by the minute... I'm starting to see the same thing that made me believe my other plants were being eaten. I transplanted it from a small pot a week a go into the bigger one.

Inside the veins of the leafs it looks shiny and purplish silver. I don't want to reach the stage where I end up having to chop it all off and hope it recovers again. Please please help. I don't want them to die.

Hello buddy soryy for the late reply, it looks as if you have the same pests as what i had, i used some westland resolva i got from the uk, 2-3 days worth of spraying 5 minites before the lights were out and they were gone 3 days later, i had to chuck a few though as they were beyond repair, could do with some pics in normal light as its so hard to determain something thats got purple light on from the LED buddy.

The damage right now is limited to one leaf it hasn't spread and the older plant has no signs of being eaten. I sprayed with Bayer bugfree a few times. It didn't really help the holes stopped but other major problems showed. I think I had nute lock out for a while as my soil p.h was 7.2 and higher for it's early life.

I have also been told not to ph my feeds in soil as it buffers naturally but my canaterra pro soil seem to be high in p.h. that's why I dropped it with a flushing.

I have no idea on soil grows so i cant really tell you, as far as i know you should always PH your water and nutes after mixing, im fortunate to always have between 5.8-6.2 PH after mixing my nutes, 7.2 sounds to high to me but i could be wrong.

For someone like myself thats likes it easy i would say try coco next time maby but thats only my oppinion buddy and to stop pests, make sure your medium isnt soaking at all times buddy.

The damage right now is limited to one leaf it hasn't spread and the older plant has no signs of being eaten. I sprayed with Bayer bugfree a few times. It didn't really help the holes stopped but other major problems showed. I think I had nute lock out for a while as my soil p.h was 7.2 and higher for it's early life.

I have also been told not to ph my feeds in soil as it buffers naturally but my canaterra pro soil seem to be high in p.h. that's why I dropped it with a flushing.

IPM Recipe:

Weekly I spray all plants with:

1gal water
1 tbs - Monterrey Garden spray (spinosad) - 2-3 tbs IF I have mites... and I usually do in the spring.
1/4 cup of Horsetail Fern Tea (can water this in as well)
1/4 cup of Kelp Tea - sometimes I make it from Kelp meal or make a mix from Maxi-Crop I use both
1 tsp - Pro-Tekt - Silica
1 cap full of Fulpower (fulvic acid - organic)

Spray plants top to btm and btm to top and do it again.

That's an IPM(integrated pest management) I go by, all organic.

Here's the thing with your soil & PH question though....there's different types of soils, and different rules apply to them.

In a living soil you have no need to PH your water going in, we try to avoid the use of any chemicals....in a living soil you also don't flush either.

Soils that use synthetic fertilizers are different however, soils where you're nute feeding are different. These need to be PH'd going in and may also need to be flushed from time to time :Namaste:

Thank you for that information on ph. I thought I should ph on the way in so I'll continue to do and I'm also going to feed just water for a week or to see what that does.

Here are some photos from today, as you can see my older plant in recovery, it has Browning appearing months leaves and my younger plant is over taking it . The plant with small growth is 8weeks and the younger is 3weeks old.

The younger plant has silvering inbetween the veins of the leaves, as well as afew deformed leaves. On the whole it's growth is good though.

There is something going wrong though with the older plant and I can't fix it with out advice. I've read all Google has to offer lmao.

Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom