Indoor Girl Scout Cookies Grow 2019: My First

Okay I know I might be overthinking but this yellowing just gets worse and worse. Yesterday I fed nutes. Tonight she got straight h2o ph at 6.5. I don’t know why it’s happening but guessing it was very under watered.

Going from watering every third day to everyday. Think she needs it.
:oops:

Attachments

• 85844E3E-21BB-4035-8B99-8B36464D242D.jpeg
    85844E3E-21BB-4035-8B99-8B36464D242D.jpeg
    1,005.4 KB · Views: 66
  • ABCB4DD9-F99B-449B-97F7-F6CA605A2F3D.jpeg
    ABCB4DD9-F99B-449B-97F7-F6CA605A2F3D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
  • CB008C5D-F151-4BD0-BDF0-911E3BF6FC8C.jpeg
    CB008C5D-F151-4BD0-BDF0-911E3BF6FC8C.jpeg
    818.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 964FAA22-152C-44C1-B5E9-9BBF1D5D22D8.jpeg
    964FAA22-152C-44C1-B5E9-9BBF1D5D22D8.jpeg
    876.4 KB · Views: 81
Hi Liam, been catching up with your journal. That GSC looks pretty cool. I'm a beginner myself but that yellowing may be just nature taking her course. As the fruit begins to ripen in the fall the leaves change colour and drop to the ground. This happened to my Amnesia Haze Auto and had me very worried. It doesn't seem right that our lovelies should lose their beauty so soon, but such is life.:hookah:

Hi Liam, been catching up with your journal. That GSC looks pretty cool. I'm a beginner myself but that yellowing may be just nature taking her course. As the fruit begins to ripen in the fall the leaves change colour and drop to the ground. This happened to my Amnesia Haze Auto and had me very worried. It doesn't seem right that our lovelies should lose their beauty so soon, but such is life.:hookah:

Hello, thanks for stopping by and catching up. I am also a beginner so me and you have that in common. Seems to be just that, everything’s fine she’s just putting your energy into The buds. It just makes me really anxious because I don’t wanna lose this plan after I spent all this time and energy on it in the last three weeks. I’ll try to smoke and relax hahah
:lot-o-toke:

Okay I know I might be overthinking but this yellowing just gets worse and worse. Yesterday I fed nutes. Tonight she got straight h2o ph at 6.5. I don’t know why it’s happening but guessing it was very under watered.

Going from watering every third day to everyday. Think she needs it.
:oops:
Sounds good. IMO i would go every 2nd day and see how she reacts and then go everyday in acouple of waterings. But thats just me, i dont like to make any changes too drastically, plants love consistency.

Hello, thanks for stopping by and catching up. I am also a beginner so me and you have that in common. Seems to be just that, everything’s fine she’s just putting her energy into the buds.

What week of flower are you in now? Are you adding any flowering additives like Liquid Kool Bloom or Floralicous. Those will help the flower development and trichome production. Many people like Terpinator to give the plant an extra little push when it slows down. If you thin your canopy a little you'll get better light penetration and that may help your lower growth not to yellow.

There is no need to :nervous-guy:just :morenutes:

What week of flower are you in now? Are you adding any flowering additives like Liquid Kool Bloom or Floralicous. Those will help the flower development and trichome production. Many people like Terpinator to give the plant an extra little push when it slows down. If you thin your canopy a little you'll get better light penetration and that may help your lower growth not to yellow.

There is no need to :nervous-guy:just :morenutes:

In the middle of week six (GSC takes about 9-10 weeks of flower.) , and sadly no extra additives. I’ve been adding molasses because thats all I have around the house. I will be buying something at the end of the week. I don’t want to really mess with her so I’m gonna let her thin herself out.:laughtwo:

The molasses is pretty much what floralicous is. I add an 1/8tsp per gallon. I gave the Northern Lights a good feed this morning and then tonight i gave a 1/2 gallon h2o, PH 6.5, 1 tsp calmag, 1/2 tsp diamond nectar. I'm in coco so I get to water twice a day, keeps me close to my plants. Let her eat then!

Hey @Liam5677! Nice looking plant and awesome setup. You've done great from seed till this point and she seems very happy, i would not worry about that yellowing now at the stage you are in - if your top fans begin to yellow rapidly i'd worry. I'll be following till harvest! :headbanger::Namaste:

Hey @Liam5677! Nice looking plant and awesome setup. You've done great from seed till this point and she seems very happy, i would not worry about that yellowing now at the stage you are in - if your top fans begin to yellow rapidly i'd worry. I'll be following till harvest! :headbanger::Namaste:

Thank you very much!
I have calmed down and so has the yellowing!:laugh:
I’m gonna have an update with photos, just waiting 5 hours for the lights to turn on.

Update!

Things are going good. Plant is starting to look more and more mature. The smell is AMAZING. Whole house stinks ... whoops. Also the leaves are so sticky oh am I excited to see how this finishes.

Some branches fell over , (all of them hahah)
Tied them all up and gave them some support.

I’m Starting to see some orange hairs on the bud , not really sure if that means anything. I know I need to pay attention to the trichomes.

Any suggestions on a 60x magnifier that’s not super expensive? I found some on amazon in the $20-$50 range, they use your phone to take photos as well. Let me know , photos bellow. & Thank you to everyone!
:green_heart:

Awesome man! Great lookin buds + pics too!!! You’re stoked!!!
:yahoo::slide::yahoo::yahoo::slide::yahoo::slide::yahoo:

Some hairs are gonna change ss the plant matures. Not sure on what to get for phone pics and checking trichomes. I have a macro lens that works great for me. Ive heard theres some decent kits out there.

How far into flower are they?

What are your plans for chop, dry, cure.

Hey Liam it's still looking great in there! :D she is looking very happy.

Awesome man! Great lookin buds + pics too!!! You’re stoked!!!
:yahoo::slide::yahoo::yahoo::slide::yahoo::slide::yahoo:

Some hairs are gonna change ss the plant matures. Not sure on what to get for phone pics and checking trichomes. I have a macro lens that works great for me. Ive heard theres some decent kits out there.

How far into flower are they?

What are your plans for chop, dry, cure.

7 weeks in flower now , super excited. I’ll have to figure something out for a magnifier. And not sure how I’m going to harvest yet, going to do some research today.

When I harvest I wash my buds too. I get everything I'm gonna need for harvest, bucket of h202 & H20. 4 oz in a 5 gallon bucket is usually good for getting off dust and hairs and shit. You'd be surprised what you see floating in the bucket. You don't need to wash your buds, it's personal preference. Jorge Cervantes (a well know grower) has a youtube video how to wash your weed.

Next up I have my drying area set up. I use a C-stand with some extra arms on. I don't like to be too baked when I harvest, I don't want to get sidetracked. I like to take off all the leaf fans first, I don't keep them, but some people mix them into their topicals. I chop a branch and leave some length to hang/ handle them. Then I drop the branch in the bucket and let it soak for 30 sec to a minute. Swish it around a bit and get the h202 in those knooks.

Pull it out and let drip dry, shake it off, whatever... :laughtwo:

Next... pull out your scissors and give that branch a gentle trim. You don't have to trim your colas, some people use the trim to make topicals too, but I usually mix flower in with my trim for stronger topicals & edibles.

Hang up the cola and repeat until the harvest is complete, your scissor hash is ready too! Now your buzzin' with accomplishment! Would you believe you can make tea from the wash water? No? Good, throw that wash out!

Once their drying you'll want to wait a couple of days and check dryness. This is where the art of the dry comes into play, my room is not yours and my buds don't dry the same way yours will. A safe way to check buds, and avoid mold, is the snap check. You bend the stem of your drying buds and if they snap then ready for jar. I've found this method lets the buds dry too much so I've started to jar around 3-4 days and then burp the jars religiously, until you're at the 62%rh. You can use Boveda Packs and/ or a little RH, Temp gizmo that goes in the jar too (face out so you can read it...). Once you're comfortable that your buds are stable then you leave'm sealed up for the cure.

I'll let you read up on the cure and such. That's my method but there are others. Some people dry in the fridge, it takes longer but supposedly the buds are better. Fridge method is the same idea just keeps the buds wet longer and is better. Fridge method for truly drying out buds will vary based on your weather too.

I always leaves a small popcorn, or 5, out for to dry fast for sampling samples and tasting the newest of the new!

I like to cure my buds for at least 2 weeks before I write up my strain/ smoke report.

7 weeks you say!!!! You can use a regular magnifying glass to check for amber.

Trichome Checking:

Clear - not ready

Mostly Cloudy - In the harvest window, as a rule buds will be more uplifting/ energetic.

10-20% Ambers - more stoney and zoney but not a zombie yet

25 - 100% Ambers - For me it just gets more stoney, zoney, and then couchlock.

Harvest times will vary from plant to plant depending on what affect you're wanting. Basically more amber is more sleepy.

No such as a case of the Moon-days around these parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumb:

EDIT: I JUST FOUND THIS FROM @Mr. Krip , He's a facet here on @420magazine.

Mr.Krip Says:

"The word "snap" can be mis-leading. You want them stems to bend with a "snapping sound" but not "snap into two pieces" (break). Usually, I'm jarring too early, but that's easy to deal with. If the RH goes above 70% when you first jar, just remove the buds and put them in a paper bag or cardboard box overnight and try re-jarring the next day. Repeat, if necessary."

When I harvest I wash my buds too. I get everything I'm gonna need for harvest, bucket of h202 & H20. 4 oz in a 5 gallon bucket is usually good for getting off dust and hairs and shit. You'd be surprised what you see floating in the bucket. You don't need to wash your buds, it's personal preference. Jorge Cervantes (a well know grower) has a youtube video how to wash your weed.

Next up I have my drying area set up. I use a C-stand with some extra arms on. I don't like to be too baked when I harvest, I don't want to get sidetracked. I like to take off all the leaf fans first, I don't keep them, but some people mix them into their topicals. I chop a branch and leave some length to hang/ handle them. Then I drop the branch in the bucket and let it soak for 30 sec to a minute. Swish it around a bit and get the h202 in those knooks.

Pull it out and let drip dry, shake it off, whatever... :laughtwo:

Next... pull out your scissors and give that branch a gentle trim. You don't have to trim your colas, some people use the trim to make topicals too, but I usually mix flower in with my trim for stronger topicals & edibles.

Hang up the cola and repeat until the harvest is complete, your scissor hash is ready too! Now your buzzin' with accomplishment! Would you believe you can make tea from the wash water? No? Good, throw that wash out!

Once their drying you'll want to wait a couple of days and check dryness. This is where the art of the dry comes into play, my room is not yours and my buds don't dry the same way yours will. A safe way to check buds, and avoid mold, is the snap check. You bend the stem of your drying buds and if they snap then ready for jar. I've found this method lets the buds dry too much so I've started to jar around 3-4 days and then burp the jars religiously, until you're at the 62%rh. You can use Boveda Packs and/ or a little RH, Temp gizmo that goes in the jar too (face out so you can read it...). Once you're comfortable that your buds are stable then you leave'm sealed up for the cure.

I'll let you read up on the cure and such. That's my method but there are others. Some people dry in the fridge, it takes longer but supposedly the buds are better. Fridge method is the same idea just keeps the buds wet longer and is better. Fridge method for truly drying out buds will vary based on your weather too.

I always leaves a small popcorn, or 5, out for to dry fast for sampling samples and tasting the newest of the new!

I like to cure my buds for at least 2 weeks before I write up my strain/ smoke report.

7 weeks you say!!!! You can use a regular magnifying glass to check for amber.

Trichome Checking:

Clear - not ready

Mostly Cloudy - In the harvest window, as a rule buds will be more uplifting/ energetic.

10-20% Ambers - more stoney and zoney but not a zombie yet

25 - 100% Ambers - For me it just gets more stoney, zoney, and then couchlock.

Harvest times will vary from plant to plant depending on what affect you're wanting. Basically more amber is more sleepy.

No such as a case of the Moon-days around these parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumb:

EDIT: I JUST FOUND THIS FROM @Mr. Krip , He's a facet here on @420magazine.

Mr.Krip Says:

"The word "snap" can be mis-leading. You want them stems to bend with a "snapping sound" but not "snap into two pieces" (break). Usually, I'm jarring too early, but that's easy to deal with. If the RH goes above 70% when you first jar, just remove the buds and put them in a paper bag or cardboard box overnight and try re-jarring the next day. Repeat, if necessary."

Thank you so much for the help!!! I read up a lot today! No judgment and appreciate the advice but I won’t be washing my buds, something I just couldn’t do to my buds haha :laugh: very good post though! It will be hard not to touch the buds but I’m going to cure for a month. I know it’s worth it. I like the idea of keeping a sample. I’m going to let my trichomes get 80% amber. I have a really high tolerance and use cannabis for sleep.

hairs are getting more and more orange faster. Considering cutting nutes off soon. I don’t see any amber trichomes yet.

A lotta people flush the soil near the end of flower, to clean all the nutes from inside the plant. The hypothesis has been busted. Feed your plants.

BTW: that doesnt mean if theres soil issues not to flush, just no flushing for harvest sake.

I like strong buds but i usually get high and exercise, biking, frisbee... Grow your weed the way you want it!!!

:headbanger:

A lotta people flush the soil near the end of flower, to clean all the nutes from inside the plant. The hypothesis has been busted. Feed your plants.

BTW: that doesnt mean if theres soil issues not to flush, just no flushing for harvest sake.

I like strong buds but i usually get high and exercise, biking, frisbee... Grow your weed the way you want it!!!

:headbanger:

I am shocked to hear this but okay!
And yes I love doing that as well but it’s my medicine come bed time!

Back
Top Bottom