Indoor LED SCRoG grow - Blue Dream + Hindu Kush x Shiva Skunk

ive been trying to spread the word about milk. using 10% whole milk to 90% water in a spray will kill PM. enzymes in milk eats the PM. try it out! its harmless to plants. farmers have been using this method for a long time.
Great to know thanks for the info!! Will remember this for the future.

+reps

L8ER

Week 6 of Flowering

I know everyone is watching these LED grows to get an indication of how well LEDs may or may not work in the grow room. I do not think this grow will be nearly as good a yield as it could be due to the noob problems I had when I initiated flowering. Its pretty clear to me that although I will end up with a lot of good smoke, it will not be representative of what could be done with the LEDs had things gone better. I'll keep trying and succeed at some point :ganjamon:

Here's the update. The older leaves are showing less signs of the nutrient problems but now but the problems seem to be moving toward the top of the plant. The soil is drying slower than I would like making it difficult to get things dialed in. If I were to grow in soil again I would mix a good percentage of perlite into the FFOF. However, I plan to switch to passive hydro on my next grow. I am actually thinking about harvesting this grow a little early so I can expand the grow room and start fresh with the lessons learned. We'll see how it goes over the next week. If things degrade I will cut early - if the plants pick up the pace I will let them continue to grow until ripe. Everyone please send some positive thoughts and energy my way!

Here are a few quick photos. Not a huge change from last week's set as the growth is kinda slow. The area beneath the screen has gotten pretty spartan lately due to the die off of the older fan leaves. The canopy is slowly rising though. Photo quality is not great and the colors corrected poorly for some reason.
DSC_00016.JPG

The canopy is almost all buds now.
DSC_000210.JPG

The HKxSS side of the screen
DSC_00035.JPG

DSC_00084.JPG

DSC_00164.JPG

The Blue Dream side of the screen
DSC_000210.JPG

DSC_00137.JPG

DSC_00104.JPG

DSC_00113.JPG

Thanks Bolivar. I realize now what made the photos dark and the colors off. I had my flash enabled and it threw off the Photoshop post processing script.

Great update, the pics are still really good. I take crap photos and I know it hehe. Yours are great, the bud shots look really good. I wouldn't chop early, I think the buds look great. Let em go says I. Of course, I am a n00b so don't listen to me. Just my humble opinion.

Thanks Grooster - glad you like the pics. I think you may be right about not chopping early. Very little leaf material was lost in the past 24 hours. I can see new white pistils coming in and the buds are noticeably thicker. I like what I am seeing today!
:yummy:

How does that saying go, if you think it's ready, wait a week? Something like that. Not to just jump in and start blabbin' just reinforcing the statements made by yourself, and grooster, as well as many other growers I presume.

Looks bad ass...scrog is so pretty!

+rep'd bro!

Go-

Thanks go green! I think its common among new growers (myself included) to get a little impatient. Seems like adopting the "if you think its ready give it another week" guideline may help us learn to be more patient.

Keep us posted bro. Doing great work. Hope all goes smooth as pudding!

-go greenery-

edit-

I never really said anything. haha, silly me.

yes patience...it's a bitch, but I suppose it is also a very great virtue, yeah?

Much respect-

hey slimm, ive done allot of homework with scrog and one thing i have learn is sometime less is more. what i mean is you can get more yield sometimes using less plants and making them bigger. if you would like to see a grow to explain what i mean let me know ill show u. ive seen two plants under a scrog with 400w hps get a pound. ive also seen 1 plant get 10-12oz from scrog. just something to think about. grow looks sweet though.

hey slimm, ive done allot of homework with scrog and one thing i have learn is sometime less is more. what i mean is you can get more yield sometimes using less plants and making them bigger. if you would like to see a grow to explain what i mean let me know ill show u. ive seen two plants under a scrog with 400w hps get a pound. ive also seen 1 plant get 10-12oz from scrog. just something to think about. grow looks sweet though.

There might be an idea for a grow contest: See who can get the most produce from a one-plant or two-plant scrog.

Seems to me it's a tradeoff between number of plants and time spent in veg. The less plants you use the more time you need to spend in veg to cover the same amount of screen space, and produce the same amount of bud. Another factor in the decision is the size of pots. Had I chosen to fill my 3x4 foot area with only two plants I probably would want to go with larger than #3 pots. That is for soil of course. Do you think the same thing applies to hydro?

There might be an idea for a grow contest: See who can get the most produce from a one-plant or two-plant scrog.

I think that would be a fun contest. There would need to be a some kind of time limit on vegging cycle, otherwise the person with the most patience wins!

I spotted another small patch of PM last night. I hit them with a foliar spray of 1 part non-fat milk and 9 parts PH neutral water. I will probably treat them one or two more times before harvest.

Seems to me it's a tradeoff between number of plants and time spent in veg. The less plants you use the more time you need to spend in veg to cover the same amount of screen space, and produce the same amount of bud. Another factor in the decision is the size of pots. Had I chosen to fill my 3x4 foot area with only two plants I probably would want to go with larger than #3 pots. That is for soil of course. Do you think the same thing applies to hydro?

i see what ur saying, but it would be allot less work to only do 2-3 plants and feed them instead of allot more. i see ur point, i dont think the same will applies to hydro. you could do 2 5gal dwc scrog grow and rock that shit. look at these pics, their is only one plant scrog and it will yield more then the ravage person using multiple plants

02945.JPG

002431.jpg

Good find Irish. I am familiar with the grower and the technique he uses. That is a great case for less plants with a scrog. Keep in mind that it is hydro though and the veg time was only two weeks. With soil one would have to veg longer to get the same result.

An interesting thing to note is he did no training to speak of. The screen is just being used to support the growth. And he has the screen 22 inches above the top of the bucket - which is a lot taller than mine at 6 inches above.

Good find Irish. I am familiar with the grower and the technique he uses. That is a great case for less plants with a scrog. Keep in mind that it is hydro though and the veg time was only two weeks. With soil one would have to veg longer to get the same result.

An interesting thing to note is he did no training to speak of. The screen is just being used to support the growth. And he has the screen 22 inches above the top of the bucket - which is a lot taller than mine at 6 inches above.

that is correct he has it 22" but its also a sativa strain. the fact that soil cant grow as fast hydro isnt always true. its all about the soil used. the soil i use has real fast veg time. sun shine #4. he trains his growth by moving the tops under the screen until the others are cought up. i am in no way saying ur way is not the right way, i was just asking if you ever thought about this way?
i am thinking of doing my first scrog grow this next time, but cant decided if i want to scrog or LST. i plane on not doing my usual 6 plants and doing 3 bigger plants.

Back
Top Bottom