Munki's 2 x 4 Bubba Kush ScrOG Bondage

lol @ butch

Hey munks so are you gonna trim a couple of those top leaves and let em finish or yank em? The forarm/bud shots looks rreally good tho bro. Primo primo bud you've got there. :blushsmile::yummy:

I made some mistakes this harvest. I did not allow enough time and had to stop as I went out of town. Came back to finish but had some wilting on Big Bertha. To other newbies: DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN! As I had so much resin production, the wilted leaves stuck over the buds so it was difficult to separate the material. Long story short, there are less buds and a lot of potential hash material. Trying to dry out that hash material now. Lessons learned. Will share more when drying completes. Did have a few small buds that are dry from my first trimming session. Smell isn't overwhelming but the taste is very clean and consumption produces the intended effects :thumb:

Wow, that sucks. But you got to do what you got to do, hope it all works out for you.. Good luck..

It wasn't an intended result for sure, but I'm keeping positive. I didn't lose any crop to mold or anything negative like that. Since this isn't a cash crop for me, there isn't a concern to bring the product to market so I felt the freedom to make mistakes. I learned that one can only desiccate the buds so far on the plant before negative side effects and to allow plenty of time to harvest. Hoping to make the hash tomorrow.

The buds I did collect are now dry on the outside bud if part is broken off, the inside has the consistency of a cheesecake like gooeyness. Early smoke report: smoke is smooth and clean. Not harsh at all. Good chillin' stone. Doesn't cause the mind to race too much.

I'll try to get some pics of the dried buds here soon.

Sound like some amazing smoke, great job and can not wait to see some pics of those things.......:ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon:

Yep. Learning is a big part of what I'm doing here.

A few pics to share. May need to dry another day or two. Considering on using paper bags to continue drying, but the box seems to be doing a good job of not drying too quickly. No notice of mold at all. Just sweetness. The bud pictured did not get much direct light but look at the trich production. When the leaves on Big Bertha wilted on bud mass coated in resin like this, I just could not separate the material.

031310-01.JPG

031310-02.JPG

031310-03.JPG

031310-04.JPG

Any UV supplementing?

Thanks guys! It was taking me a long time to trim the buds nice like that. So many leaves to remove. I gently trimmed them by cutting each leaf's stem near the stalk. Kind of got into the details of the manicure...:smokin:

Any UV supplementing?

Yes sir. The tops would had been getting 4 hours under one bulb in the end. In the beginning, it was at 3 hours but with both bulbs working. One failed and I did not replace it yet.

I expect that the UV contributed to the amount of trichomes. But I wonder if it also contributed to the amount of leaf.

Sometimes when I have to be outside all day in the middle of August, I'll throw a hat on top for extra protection, lol.

EDIT: Sir? SIR? Hey, just a minute now, I'm not THAT old yet. Well... Err... <GRUMBLE GRUMBLE>... I guess I'll just go for a walk, then. Now where'd my cane get to?

LOL

Back
Top Bottom