Is it a male? Advice please!

LOL...all there is to it is patients. Even if it is hermi it wont matter until long after it is clear what it is. Never pull a male until you see a real SET of bawllz.

Okay straight to the point after having now confirmed my plant is a female i am over the moon, there are pistils everywhere.

Only thing is now i am starting to see a few roots poke out through my drainage holes (just a couple) and i am starting to wonder if i should transplant whilst still early on in the flowering stage, but i would like to avoid transplanting altogether.

i currently have her in a 2 gallon pot that she has been in for about 2 weeks maybe slightly longer but not much longer then that. Do we think she will survive until harvest or shall i transplant into a 3 or even 4 gallon pots (which will mean purchasing more soil and pots)

She is only 15" tall is it worth transplanting or will she be able to survive and provide a decent yield as she is shes about a week into flowering now 3 weeks 12/12 (today being the first day of the 3rd week) shes seems to have stopped growing in height and focusing more on bud sites and pistils

hope this info helps and thanks in advance PEACE

Okay straight to the point after having now confirmed my plant is a female i am over the moon, there are pistils everywhere.

Only thing is now i am starting to see a few roots poke out through my drainage holes (just a couple) and i am starting to wonder if i should transplant whilst still early on in the flowering stage, but i would like to avoid transplanting altogether.

i currently have her in a 2 gallon pot that she has been in for about 2 weeks maybe slightly longer but not much longer then that. Do we think she will survive until harvest or shall i transplant into a 3 or even 4 gallon pots (which will mean purchasing more soil and pots)

She is only 15" tall is it worth transplanting or will she be able to survive and provide a decent yield as she is shes about a week into flowering now 3 weeks 12/12 (today being the first day of the 3rd week) shes seems to have stopped growing in height and focusing more on bud sites and pistils

hope this info helps and thanks in advance PEACE
it is a myth that you need to transplant when you see roots coming out of the drainage holes... this is a deep rooting weed, and those roots immediately go deep looking for the limits.

If your wet/dry cycle is longer than 2 days and if you are not seeing any leaf damage down low indicating a problem with constricted roots, you have no imperative to transplant. Your plant will adapt to whatever sized pot she is in when she goes to flower... I have grown some fun little plants to completion before in a solo cup. Also, about the time you get out of the 2 week stretch in flower, the roots are done expanding... you got what you got.

Trudge on brave soldier... it sounds like all is under control.

It would be wise to wait and see what they develop into before jumping to a conclusion, you will know and you can differentiate what it is for sure, then act accordingly. If it is a male flower you have two options, the first is that you can stay on top of any male flowers removing them before they open while they are still green. You can manage the plant keeping it from pollinating itself by doing this. the other option is to remove the plant and destroy it. its your preference on how you choose to manage your grow environment. But at least wait until you can determine without a doubt that it has a male flower before doing anything. Great that you sought advise on this matter before doing anything, good job.:thumb:

okay i will leave her be for now i have faith she will be able to remain in the same pot till harvest. I will upload some pics later on in the day so you can see for yourself first hand how she is doing. Peace

Ok so here are some pics of her at the beginning of 4th week of flower the pics are about 5 days old now.. i know there not good quality and maybe not even worth uploading but here goes lemme know what you guys think!!
whole31.jpg
whole21.jpg
whole14.jpg
topp2.jpg
side65.jpg

Sorry it took longfor the update guys, also the neww leaf growth which (hardly any) is coming through a bit scruffy and beat up any ideas ?

well if u look closely at leaves in the first pic you can just about tell there growing funnny i will get another pic of the top up soon thanks

okay so excluding the 9 days of 12/12 she had not shown sex yet, shes about 3 weeks 4 days.. heres some new pics lemme know what you guys think
updatingggrow.jpg
update_2.jpg

i know i know.. hey i was just wondering is there a rough estimate of time left till harvest from when trichomes appear or is that still too hard to say. i want too keep you guys updated and i don't think i can change the title of the thread now also i thought it pointless to start a new one.. peace

is it a regular or an auto? What did the breeder say its flowering time would be? Just because trichomes appear doesnt mean it is ready to smoke... they have to fill in with good stuff and that whole process usually takes around 8 or 9 weeks from the start of flower... unless it is an auto or some fast finishing super strain. Your new years day picture of the plant looked to be about 2 to 3 weeks into flower if that helps...

actually its bagseed and seems to me everything is on track.. im sure 4 weeks from now they would have swollen up quiet nicely so all in all i would say im looking at about another 5-6 weeks, of course i wont know for sure until i get my hands on a loupe but you are correct shes got a whole lot of filling out to do... but i hear most happens during the last 3 weeks or so. anyways thanks for the quick replies and i will post new pictures every couple of days or so...peace!!

AHHH my lil bro just dropped ma lights on the plant (dont ask) she was all bendy to one side, i say bendy cause she was not bent... just curvedd to once side. i have tied some string around the plant and to a stick im probably over reacting.. but do think it will effect her ?? it seems the main cola developing at the top took a pretty hard hit as most of the pistils are flat and crooked... id like very much for some one to put my mind at ease about this many thanks.

P.S yes i have heard of super cropping LOL but shes almost in the 4th week of flower and i wanted her to finish within 5 more weeks tops.

well she seems to be going strong, the buds (if they can even be called that) are smaller then i thought they'd be at this stage but i have heard most of the weight starts too pack on around week 6. up until now i have been using tomatorite once about every 7-10 days.. Tomorrow i have decided to try and get my hands on some canna pk 13-14.. ive been told this will help alot on the last few weeks of flowering. i just wanted to know if i could use the canna pk straight away aswell as the tomatorite or would i have to stop using the tomatorite and do a few plain water waterings first ? peace!!

Back
Top Bottom