Is it too late? I need help!

SammyJankis

How bad is all of these brown tips on the sugar leaves??? Week 6 into flowering. All buds have it to some degree...

20230124_164441.jpg

Its not ideal. The experts here will need more info. As a layman, i feel confident in saying regardless of your growing medium/method, you need to cut back on some nutes. Without knowing whether soil or hydro or knowing what your feeding in what amounts, etc it is tough to advise. Give us a breakdown … soil? Coco? GH nutes? AN nutes? Ff?

All that said, if you forced me to guess with ltd info, id say cut back bloom nutes, ie, p and k. Total amateur advice though. Good luck! Someone will chime in im sure. Like @Bill284 or @bluter or @Delps8 or someone….✌️

If it were earlier in growth id think nitrogen surplus but…. ?

a lot of them get it to some degree. usually it's not a burn, it's the beginnings of a potassium ask. would have to see the whole plant to really get a better idea. there's not enough information here. the nutes, feed schedule, media, etc etc

Soil: Biobizz Light Mix
Nutrition: Canna coco A + B until I was adviced to switch to a soil nutrient, so I used Biobizz fish mix and bloom + calmag and that is when I got issues, I followed the recommended amount and still got EC of just 0.8 and still got a huge burn... i flushed with just PH corrected water after that, then 2 feeding with Canna coco A + B with a bit lower EC just to be sure and I flushed again yesterday

you're really not bad. stick with the bloom schedule for bio. not sure i would have jumped nutes if they were doing well.
i don't think there's a pile of difference in their formulations. what's the media ?

Okay, thanks!

Media is Biobizz Light Mix with a bit more perlite

i meant what the hell is in it ? :p
they don't list what they built it out of which is the most important thing to know. all the site says is "organic". big deal, so is every other peat or coco base out there.

edit : at any rate, the nutes should be interchangeable between coco and peat based media. they are both soilless and technically hydroponic.

they also don't tell you what they loaded it up with.

Bluter - LiteMix is a blend of weak organic compost with +/-30% perlite, it will support young plants for a few weeks

Sammy - Fish Mix was a mistake, just Bloom/TopMax @pH 6.3-6.5 should see you through
I always had to supplement with PK through flower weeks 3-6, mainly for K
Doesn't look bad though and I'd be dropping down the feed and upping the pH anyway around this stage

online nute sched indicates it's the same for both coco and the light mix so your nutes should be ok too. only difference is ph.

Hey @SammyJankis,

Good advice here from everyone. Perhaps too much N for flower, and need more P and K.

Good luck and I hope you resolve the browning tips. I'll be tagging along to see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom