Is there a way to increase potency?

I think overall "cannabinoid" percentage and terpene profile is more important that just THC.
That's mostly genetics, then growing 100% living organic soil, using LEDs and then curing properly to bring the best out of the genetics.
But how or where do you get info on Terpine Profile ?

the first time I sat down determined to smoke a join of my white widow, I remember having a coughing attack, blanking out and falling out of my chair. i recovered, and came back in for another one. Wow... that was some good pot. i grew it out for over a year and got everyone burned out on it. Green Crack puts me right out on my butt too. There is good pot out there... but you are really taking your chances at $8 a seed... you do get what you pay for, but it is also probably good you practiced for a while on the cheaper seeds. Time to step up the game a bit now that you know what you want. Now you can see why I love growing out breeder seeds... I know I am getting something special... something that Santero is trying to show off a bit. I know I am not wasting my time growing out B quality pot.
When I buy seeds I am looking for price points around $100... sometimes you get 3 seeds for that price... but you got to drop some coin to get the real quality stuff.
So it sounds like the more expensive seeds are of higher quality. Will the seed banks selling them guarantee germination ? 420 is the only seed bank I've found that guarantee's them so far. If I pay $51 for 1 seed I believe it should come guaranteed.
What would be a few of your top choices when it comes to seeds & specific breeders if you wouldn't mind. I trust you. After all, you taught me how to grow in the 1st place; and have always known what was wrong with my plants when I had a Def. or Tox.

But how or where do you get info on Terpine Profile ?
Depends, its listed on quite a few cultivars on various websites, sometimes it's in the comment section.
I think Leafly has lots of Terpene profiles.

This is supposed to be the average terpene profile for the plant I am currently growing, Jack Herer.

Linalool (0 - 0.05%)

Myrcene (0.1 - 0.3%)

Pinene (0 - 1.0%)

Limonene (0 - 0.9%)

Caryophyllene (0.01 - 0.4%)

So it sounds like the more expensive seeds are of higher quality. Will the seed banks selling them guarantee germination ? 420 is the only seed bank I've found that guarantee's them so far. If I pay $51 for 1 seed I believe it should come guaranteed.
I feel the guaranteed germination sometimes seems a bit too much to expect. I have read of newbies screwing it all up and then complaining the seeds wouldn't germinate, sometimes it seems like some of them just want to blame the seed bank when the reality is they have no experience of growing and are making a shitload of mistakes and still expecting to pull half a pound off a plant. I like 420 for their efforts to re-send when Customs confiscate the order, I give them top marks for that, but I have never had any problem with germinating their seeds, or really any seeds for that matter, except really old poorly stored ones. What I most want is the top shelf genetics, germination to me shouldn't be a problem.

Yes, I know beginners tend to over water (I was guilty of that). But there are not many beginners willing to pay $51 for 1 seed. A seed bank should know this & therefore guarantee germination.
I've bought seed packs & 4 out of 5 would germ. but 1 wouldn't a few times now. Then again they were cheaper seeds. I'd be pissed if I spent $51 on a seed that didn't germ.

What would be a few of your top choices when it comes to seeds & specific breeders if you wouldn't mind. I trust you. After all, you taught me how to grow in the 1st place; and have always known what was wrong with my plants when I had a Def. or Tox.
If you pay this kind of money for seeds, it is expected that you know what you are doing. If there was a definite problem with the seeds, you would be able to communicate that to them, and I am sure there would be no problem with getting you satisfied. I have not had any problem with high end seeds. I can't provide links because that would not be fair to our sponsors, but i bet if you searched you could find the seed bank that I am looking at for Black Congolese seeds. A 10 pack of regulars will cost me $160. The product will be amazing. Another one I want from them, landrace strains of course, is Vietnamese Laughing Grass.... 5 regular seeds for $140. You do have to pay for top shelf...

My kind of weed !!! That's what I like. Head Highs don't do the trick for me. Unfortunately, I'm not big on most concentrates. I feel like a Crack Head or Meth Monster doing dabs & such.
However, I did try a 200 ml. brownie the other day that gave me a nice buzz. Had to eat the whole thing though. I am a flower guy who would much rather smoke a big fat joint.
Ask @Modest grower about his joints. It could be a happy middle ground for you.

Ask @Modest grower about his joints. It could be a happy middle ground for you.

I have enjoyed my fair share of deep end edibles but I don't seem to be able to or willing to as often anymore. I love rolling rosin joints. The taste and effect is what I have been looking for. I haven't dabbed before but I do this and use rosin in a vaporizer.

This sounds like the way my very 1st grow went. Leaves yellowed from Top to Bottom. Flush & Water Only Last 7 days. Then 3 days No water or anything before the chop. No dark time or anything. That weed kicked my ass.
Since then, fed all the way through with no flush. Only a few bottom leaves yellow. Nowhere near as potent.
I think I'm going to buy some GH nutes again & grow a couple plants in FFOF & do things the way I did the 1st grow to see how things turn out. If it comes out potent again I'll damned sure think it has something to do with not flushing & starving the plant at the end. Nothing to lose so I may as well try it. I'll pop a couple seeds in Solo Cups this weekend. Blueberry Kush & OG Pie Breath will be the seeds I grow. I'll just let them veg with the Auto's till they finish & then switch to 12/12.
One other thing I didn't do my 1st grow was defoliation or LST so not sure if this played a part in anything or not.
First time grow, WW auto indoor, fox farm organic and no added nutes....so a few days before harvest you starved her and let her have zero dark? I'm guessing that means she took all nutes from plant and put the good stuff in the bud?

This is the kind of thing I think I'm wondering about. Now to figure out how it can be done using Mega Crop. I have a 10 liter bottle of Terpinator sitting here but not so sure it can be used with MC or not. If so, I'm not sure how I would figure out the NPK ratio for it. I'm not that advanced yet.
I'm sure @InTheShed knows if this can be used though & how to mix it if it is possible.
farside05 added Terpinator to the flowering part of one of his grows and didn't notice any difference in the smells, so he stopped. I never found it to make any difference either and I have over 12 gallons of it.

It will boost the K in your NPK ratio, so tread lightly with MC, and I would advise against using any additional boosters if you give the Terp a try.

Feed your plants well and keep them in the VPD zone and they will be the best they can possibly be given their genetics.

What do other people say when they smoke your bud? Do you think you may need a tolerance break? How often do you smoke?
Nobody has complained about it. I smoke a lot. At least an oz. per week. A good 10 - 12 joints per day. A tolerance break ? No. Stronger Weed. Yes !!!
I'm pretty sure my issue is with Terpine production. I look at other people's grows and the buds are packed with crystals from top to bottom. Mine don't get that frosty looking & I believe this is my problem. So trying to figure out how to increase it. Not even sure it's possible, so started this thread to find out.

I think I'll PM a few of the growers with those buds packed in crystals to find out how good it was.
Then order some seeds of those strains to see if mine come out that way. If not, I guess I'm doing something wrong.
Not sure if waiting till 75% Amber would help all that much but I'll probably try it on the 2 DWC plants I'm growing now.

I've grown Barney's Farm, Original Sensible Seeds, Sweet Seeds, Dutch Passion & several others; but pretty much the same results.
It is a really interesting topic you raise here BB. I have wondered the same question on whether there were some noticeably superior breeder strains that produced highs that were above and beyond or is it all fairly similar.

I know you were probably talking about increasing THC during growing but making concentrates might be the quicker/easier way of doing it if you are looking to get up in the high THC range. I’m not sure how high of a THC level you are looking for but you’ll definitely notice going from 20% to 80% THC vs 20% to 25% or so.
Concentrates sound worth looking into but not sure how to do that without either high strength alcohol or a rosin press, as an infusion isn't really a concentrate. Must be amazing getting something in the 80% - 90% range. :hookah:

I took a 2 Blackberry Gums (Blueberry x Bubble Gum) and grew them healthy, and 2 (same strain) and watch them turn yellow and scream for water/food..."Only" when they were wilting did I water them...and I only fed twice in flower...all the leaves turned yellow, :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: it was the tastiest, most fruity smelling, and "way" stronger than the other 2....
That is an interesting experience, thanks for sharing! :thumb:

When I buy seeds I am looking for price points around $100... sometimes you get 3 seeds for that price... but you got to drop some coin to get the real quality stuff.
That's encouraging to know!

for Black Congolese seeds. A 10 pack of regulars will cost me $160. The product will be amazing. Another one I want from them, landrace strains of course, is Vietnamese Laughing Grass.... 5 regular seeds for $140. You do have to pay for top shelf...
Hmmm.. Got me intrigued now :reading420magazine:

Oregon Huckleberry IBL 2015
Divine Spirit
Sweet Mother of God
Thanks, it's great to have some names to search for. I am currently vaping White Widow and a WW cross. But I have no idea how genuine or much original WW it is my strain, or if it is good or average in a decent weed sort of way. To be fair, if you can pull half a pound off a plant then even $100 a seed is cheap in comparison to what half a pound of quality buds would cost to buy, in NZ that would be over $3000, and one never normally buys just one seed so you would be concerned that they were going to be pretty good. I'd love to get a bunch of seeds for a few dollars each but I'd prefer to pay more and get some really great seeds instead (just so long as they are markedly better) I am guessing from your experience that the difference in the quality of the high is well worth it. :nomo:

Back
Top Bottom