Is this a good Microgrowing set up?

Ohtik

420 Member
Hi guys! I'm italian , i'm new in this forum :) now i want to explain my Microgrowing set up and say for some advice .
Soo..
Grow box : 40x40x70 built by me with Mylar sheet.
Illumination : ufo led 150w (18/6 day-night).
Air : x 2 turbo Vko 10 cm (One for input , One for emission) and a cooling fan for internal air recycling , Always on.
Substrate: biobizz all mix 20l
Seed : 1x Cream Mandarine Auto Fast version (Is a good idea make LST?) Some guide about It pls?
Pot : square pot 3.6L
Thanks for advice ! Good Grow :D

Height grow box 70cm
Height pot 20cm
Height led 10cm
I must use LST for me , topping Is dangerous i think because Is an auto fast version. On the technical sheet it grows to a minimum of 40 cm

You have no room for error. I would be using a wide pot to let the roots stretch horizontally. You need to anchor the branches to go out horizontally. I don’t know why you are worried about topping. I’ve seen people grow that way, but I’ve not done it myself. I recommend looking through the grow journals and finding some people that have your set up. See what they did and how it came out. Good luck !! :cheer::nomo::hookah:

thanks for your advice. I am afraid to perform the topping because I have read on many guides that on autoflowers in particular fast version it stresses the plant too much. I will try with horizontal pot to create a small bush with LsT. Thanks again

@carcass can you help our friend?
Thanks for the tag,DD- I'll give it a try....My box has 37" between the light and the floor, so I've got a little more room than @Ohtik ,but not much!

Welcome to 420, Ohtik:welcome:

If you're not comfortable topping an auto (some aren't) then LST is the best way to go....you've got to do
some pretty aggressive training to keep them out of the lights.

Something like this is a good way to keep them short,and still get plenty of branch action-sort of like a quadline,but without the topping....This was a LowRyder#2auto, which is generally not a very big plant,
but without training,it would've still gotten too tall for my box.
I started this training when it was about 8" tall & had already been flowering for about a week and a half:
1580841528034.jpeg

This is how that one ended up- pretty small,at 11",but it yielded 3 oz of dry buds-
1580841663987.jpeg

There's another member here, @VetSmoke85 , who did a couple of grows in a cabinet with only 25"(63cm)
of headroom, and he did well-here's links to both his journals so you can see how he dealt with having very little space: (even smaller than yours)

Feel free to tag me ,@Ohtik ,if you've got more questions about keeping your plants short enough to fit your space...And Good Luck on your grow!

Thanks for the tag,DD- I'll give it a try....My box has 37" between the light and the floor, so I've got a little more room than @Ohtik ,but not much!

Welcome to 420, Ohtik:welcome:

If you're not comfortable topping an auto (some aren't) then LST is the best way to go....you've got to do
some pretty aggressive training to keep them out of the lights.

Something like this is a good way to keep them short,and still get plenty of branch action-sort of like a quadline,but without the topping....This was a LowRyder#2auto, which is generally not a very big plant,
but without training,it would've still gotten too tall for my box.
I started this training when it was about 8" tall & had already been flowering for about a week and a half:
1580841528034.jpeg

This is how that one ended up- pretty small,at 11",but it yielded 3 oz of dry buds-
1580841663987.jpeg

There's another member here, @VetSmoke85 , who did a couple of grows in a cabinet with only 25"(63cm)
of headroom, and he did well-here's links to both his journals so you can see how he dealt with having very little space: (even smaller than yours)

Feel free to tag me ,@Ohtik ,if you've got more questions about keeping your plants short enough to fit your space...And Good Luck on your grow!

FORGOT THE TRANSLATE
hello carcass, thanks for the welcome and for the reply. my strain is a cream caramel Auto F1 fast version from sweet seeds, not cream mandarine, sorry. Is it okay to apply LST? Is this 150 w ufo led enough for this small space? as arua I thought to keep a fan on 24/24 and the extractor I turn it on 15 minutes every 8 hours, because having the box in my bedroom it is impossible to sleep with that noise (vko 10 cm, 105m3 / h). thanks for advice Carcass, it was a pleasure. I attach a photo of the box.

Attachments

• IMG_20200204_182054.jpg
    IMG_20200204_182054.jpg
    539.7 KB · Views: 140
Hi,Ohtik- You're welcome!
Is this 150 w ufo led enough for this small space?
Possibly....I think the actual watt draw on that light is 60-65w,so that will give you apx. 30w/sq.ft. in there,
which is the minimum watts/sq.ft. for growing cannabis.
Things would do a little better with more light, but you should be able to grow a fairly decent plant with what you've got there.
Your plan with the exhaust (extractor)fan will be ok for now, but when the plant gets bigger,you're going to have to run it most of the time...2 reasons for that-1- the plant needs a constant supply of fresh air flowing through the box, and 2-the plant will be transpiring a lot of moisture as it grows,and you need to pull that moisture out of the box to keep from having mold or mildew problems.
Is it okay to apply LST?
Yes,but you should wait till the plant is at least 2 weeks old before you start the LST-possibly a little longer, depending on how well it's growing...

Hi,Ohtik- You're welcome!

Possibly....I think the actual watt draw on that light is 60-65w,so that will give you apx. 30w/sq.ft. in there,
which is the minimum watts/sq.ft. for growing cannabis.
Things would do a little better with more light, but you should be able to grow a fairly decent plant with what you've got there.
Your plan with the exhaust (extractor)fan will be ok for now, but when the plant gets bigger,you're going to have to run it most of the time...2 reasons for that-1- the plant needs a constant supply of fresh air flowing through the box, and 2-the plant will be transpiring a lot of moisture as it grows,and you need to pull that moisture out of the box to keep from having mold or mildew problems.

Yes,but you should wait till the plant is at least 2 weeks old before you start the LST-possibly a little longer, depending on how well it's growing...
hello carcass, thanks again for your advice :) it's always a pleasure. my idea was to keep the fan on 24/24 very close to the passive air intake hole, in order to continue to let fresh air in and create a round of air in the box. it is small but effective, and will create a strong air gap in the box being micro.
when the plant is about a month old I will buy a timer for the extractor with a 5 minute timer every 4 hours maybe. what do you think about it?

Having a fan blowing fresh air into the box will definitely help...
5 minutes every 4 hours for the exhaust is better than nothing-but if you develop high humidity problems in there,you may have to re-think the plan.

Here's a link to help you get a journal going:
Good Luck with your grow!

Having a fan blowing fresh air into the box will definitely help...
5 minutes every 4 hours for the exhaust is better than nothing-but if you develop high humidity problems in there,you may have to re-think the plan.

Here's a link to help you get a journal going:
Good Luck with your grow!
in case I will insert a mini dehumidifier in the box, it should be enough

as he says the carcass will be 60/70, I hope they are going well. however in a day I will begin to document everything in a discussion.
in which section of the forum will I be able to post it? sorry i am italian and i only use google translate hahaha

Open up a thread here. Journals in Progress

In the title you should list information that you want to attract others like yourself. My current grow journal is 4x4 Tent Grow #4: Lemon Thai Kush and Green Crack CBD If you haven't looked at grow journals, you need to do that now. You need to word things in a way that other people reading will be able to help you. In order for that to happen you need to layout the information about your grow in an organised fashion. A good grow journal will do that.

A good grow journal is also good for you. If you don't write things down methodically, you are going to have big problems. You will have problems anyway, but the documentation will allow you to fix them. If you don't do one on here, you really have to keep one yourself. I do both. Spreadsheet for nute schedule, Word diary for details, pics, dates, times, observations, problems. I've had significant problems on 3 of my grows. I've only kept 2 but the documentation is really good to have on file. I only had the problems once. I know how to prevent them now. :nomo: :hookah:

LST will Absolutely be okay.
No need to overthink it.
Your main goal is to bend the main shoot so that the lower branches catch up to the same height. From there keeping them bent and tied down is daily maintenance.
Use caution to avoid waiting until the stems are too hard and could break. Some tricks to help are twisting the branches side to side or pinching until you feel it crack a little to loosen up the fibers.
Remember that hemp fiber is very tough!

Open up a thread here. Journals in Progress

In the title you should list information that you want to attract others like yourself. My current grow journal is 4x4 Tent Grow #4: Lemon Thai Kush and Green Crack CBD If you haven't looked at grow journals, you need to do that now. You need to word things in a way that other people reading will be able to help you. In order for that to happen you need to layout the information about your grow in an organised fashion. A good grow journal will do that.

A good grow journal is also good for you. If you don't write things down methodically, you are going to have big problems. You will have problems anyway, but the documentation will allow you to fix them. If you don't do one on here, you really have to keep one yourself. I do both. Spreadsheet for nute schedule, Word diary for details, pics, dates, times, observations, problems. I've had significant problems on 3 of my grows. I've only kept 2 but the documentation is really good to have on file. I only had the problems once. I know how to prevent them now. :nomo: :hookah:
THX mate

LST will Absolutely be okay.
No need to overthink it.
Your main goal is to bend the main shoot so that the lower branches catch up to the same height. From there keeping them bent and tied down is daily maintenance.
Use caution to avoid waiting until the stems are too hard and could break. Some tricks to help are twisting the branches side to side or pinching until you feel it crack a little to loosen up the fibers.
Remember that hemp fiber is very tough!
Thanks, I'm impatient to see how it goes, hopefully good!

Hi @Ohtik. Thanks for the mention @carcass. I'm a bit late to the party. Been away as the new baby is keeping me busy. I was going to say that the cream mandarine fast version isn't an auto but I see you corrected which strain you're growing. I've topped a few autos and had no problem. If they're healthy at the time they bounce right back and can be easier to train in that small space. My last grow was 3 autos in my little box. Two were topped and LST'd, one was just LST'd. To help with space I used some fabric pots that I cut down to a more useable size. Also invested in a quantum board light that has a very low profile. You have to train the hell out of them but it can be done with good results. Best of luck. Post a link if you've started a journal. Feel free to message if you have anymore questions. The guys and girls here are incredibly helpful.

Back
Top Bottom