Is this light burn or is it something else?

DexterC

Hello,

I have a Photoperiod Critical still in the seedling stage. I have it under 2 LED bulbs that look like this:

20200808_171528.jpg

After they were placed at about 30cm (~12″ ) away from the plant I noticed these spots on the leaves appearing and the tips on the side were slightly bent upwards.
20200808_170929.jpg

20200808_170936.jpg

20200808_171042.jpg

After browsing the web I couldn't find much relevant information and I assume is the light too intense. At this moment I have moved the seedling at about 50cm (~20″ ) away for safety, however I would like to know if the cause for his could be something else entirely. I water only when the top soil is completely dry, not using a specific schedule with pH balanced water at ~6.5, no nutrients except what is already present in the soil and water.
This is my very first grow and I prefer spotting problems before they do too much damage, so any opinions are very welcome.
Thanks in advance!

@VetSmoke85 & @CO Finest

Before the second set of leaves appeared I used to spray water on the soil early morning (after lights on) so it is very possible that droplets got onto the leaves. I stopped doing this a while ago and began to water normal (not spray) after lights off. Now that I think about it makes a lot of sense that could be the water created some lensing effect and burned the leaves on those spots. Thanks a lot!

@BeanTownFan420

Thank you, hopefully it stays that way.

That's my guess too. Just watch her.
water acts like a magnifier under the light. Try to spray water/pest control mixture just before lights out. Saves you burning them.
Keep us posted
You got this!
I'm growing Critical Mass too!

That's my guess too. Just watch her.
water acts like a magnifier under the light. Try to spray water/pest control mixture just before lights out. Saves you burning them.
Keep us posted
You got this!

Thank you, I guess I can say that I learned this lesson the hard way, fortunately not very hard since the plant got many weeks before I send it to flower (that assuming that I won't have anymore trouble) so it has loads of time to recover. The damage seems minor from what I learned from you guys, but I will reply with an update the following days.

I'm growing Critical Mass too!

The one I am growing is plain Critical, not Critical Mass, mine slightly less potent and I am growing this because I got it as a bonus when I bought Shogun from Royal Queen Seeds. That is Sativa dominant and a bit more difficult to grow (according to RQS) compared to Critical so since I got this free I said I will give this one a chance first and if I screw up I lose nothing but time. Anyway, thank you again for everything and I wish you all happy growing.

Back
Top Bottom