Is this where I post for Strain ID?

CBDMed

Hola a todos from the Colombian Andes. I am the happy owner of a dairy farm. There are some mushrooms that stain blue when you pick them. They grow next to old cow piles, if you know what I mean. I just thought I should double check to make sure that they are NOT that scary kind that you might get in trouble for, if you know what I mean. :cheesygrinsmiley:
m.jpg

The small ones were standing dried. Are they still good?

Knowing close to nothing about mushroom ID, I am guessing they are Cubensis Colombiana.
Is there a good resource I can research, to see if there are poisonous look-alikes for Cubensis Colombiana?
Muchas gracias.

Sounds like I must have asked wrong. :(

Well, it sounds like Mr. Autism was only thinking of his glee, and not how it would seem to others. I guess I will go to another shroom ID website, and ask them if this is Cubensis Colombiana, and are there any poisonous look-alikes??
I have not had cubensis since college, so I am pretty excited.
Anyway, best to all, and sorry again for exulting before thinking. I guess most of you guys are working at cultivation. :(

How's it going @CBDMed

Do you have any images to help me help you identify them.

Also check out this site.

Post some images and I will be around.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok.. :bong:

How's it going @CBDMed

Do you have any images to help me help you identify them.

Is this one helpful?
1716692756740.png

Also check out this site.

Post some images and I will be around.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok.. :bong:
Hi Tokin.
Better now that you showed up! 😅
I checked the link, and did not see anything that looks close.
I checked some other websites. It lists one that is similar (and deadly) but it does not stain blue (and these definitely stain blue), so it looks like I am in the clear.
So it looks like Cubensis Colombiana (and no real look-alikes). That is great news!!

There is also supposed to be a Panaeolus that also allegedly grows in cow fields in Colombia, so I will have to keep alert for it (as I have not seen it yet).
I missed the shrooming thing as a kid, and never had the guts to grow in the USA. Now I am here, and I was not hunting for a shroom field (only a dairy cow field). I was walking along and saw shrooms growing from a pattie, and the light bulb came on.
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Happiest accidental 😂discovery of my life...

it is not exactly legal, but if you do not cause a problem, no one cares. I cannot say much for some other aspects of the culture, but not going to war with the planet seems a good thing.

The 5 large ones do indeed look like Psilocybe Cubensis, @CBDMed. Mushly.com advertises south american cubensis spores (but no Columbian) so they undoubtedly also grow there in Columbia, and you've been chosen to find them!

I would dispose of all the brown dried out ones. Too far gone to properly identify them. The rest look like the real deal, though. Do check the gills closely with a magnifier. Sometimes bugs take up residence in outdoor shrooms...

Get a spore print and grow 'em!

The 5 large ones do indeed look like Psilocybe Cubensis, @CBDMed. Mushly.com advertises south american cubensis spores (but no Columbian) so they undoubtedly also grow there in Columbia, and you've been chosen to find them!

Awesome, @BeccaBuds!

Nice to meet you also.

My internet is super slow right now, but I saw Cubensis Colombiana on a mycology science page ("where does it grow?") last night during my research. I think Cubensis Colombiana is probably related to the other Cubensis are all related. And I just looked it up.

From Wikipedia:
"Psilocybe columbiana is a species of mushroom in the family Hymenogastraceae known only from the páramos of high mountains in Colombia.[1] It is in the Psilocybe fagicola complex with Psilocybe fagicola, Psilocybe oaxacana, Psilocybe banderillensis, Psilocybe herrerae, Psilocybe keralensis, Psilocybe neoxalapensis, and Psilocybe teofiloi.[1] "

So probably like Oregon Pine is related to Sierra Nevada Pines, etc., or Black Oak is related to Live Oak. Same genus. Works for me!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I would dispose of all the brown dried out ones. Too far gone to properly identify them.

Excellent! Thank you. (I was wondering about that.)

The rest look like the real deal, though. Do check the gills closely with a magnifier.

Thank you. Yes, they look like the real deal to me also. I looked closely at the only known look-alike, and this looks different than those, AND those do not stain blue (and these clearly did).
So it looks like I have been blessed with unexpected treasure! I hope I will steward it responsibly for the good of all.

Sometimes bugs take up residence in outdoor shrooms...

Uff!!
I will check.

Get a spore print and grow 'em!

Yes, I should have thought of a spore print. I do not know if it is too late, but I am trying to take a print now (which I will probably freeze, although that is probably 100% unnecessary, because golden caps grow all over the valley, and they are in all of the local grafitti murals, and people here have used them since before recorded history here.)

I do not know if I was clear, I bought a cow farm for a place to live, long story, really to jump through the Colombian government's legal requirements. I did know there would be medicinal fungi on the property! I am beyond blessed to find out that there is.

Thanks again for the tips about the bugs. I will keep an eye out for that.

Are there any tips for making them tastier, or easier to digest?
Someone said to take them in a lemonade?? Not sure, really. I always just munched them until they were gooey, and them washed them down with something (usually beer back in those days, although these days I am a tea totaller).

If there is no way to make them taste good, I might want to put some in veggie capsules for my sister (who is a first time tripper who is already in herbal care for difficult digestion. (I want the medicinal fungi to help alleviate her condition, not make it worse, if you know what I mean.)

Kudos to all who grow your own mycelia. I always wanted to do it, but was too scared I would get caught, and had enough headaches. And I could never get the spores to hatch! (I always got mold.)

About Panaeolus, Wikipedia says it is also here in this area. I do not know if it might like the warmer regions, or if it has also adapted to the higher, cooler climates (like here).

Distribution and habitat[edit source]​

Panaeolus cyanescens is a coprophilous (dung-inhabiting) species which grows in tropical and neotropical areas in both hemispheres. It has been found[2] in Việt Nam, Africa (including South Africa, Madagascar and Democratic Republic of the Congo), Australia, Bali, Belize, Brasil, Borneo, the Caribbean (Bermuda, Grenada, (Barbados, granyte) Jamaica, Trinidad), Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, India, Malaysia, Indonesia (including Sumatra), Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Thailand, Japan, Mexico, Oceania (including Fiji and Samoa), the Philippines, South America (including Bolivia, Brazil, Paraguay, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador), South Korea, Tasmania, and the United States (California, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, Kentucky, Virginia and North Carolina).

So now I will just have to train myself what they look like. It is comforting that they also stain visibly blue.

Hi CBDmed, nice 2 meet you 2! I tried lemontek once but maybe I did something wrong as it didn't seem much different. I usually just chew them up good and wash them down with tea or coffee, but always on an empty stomach.
My understanding is the acidic lemon juice breaks down the chitin in the shroom cell walls so it helps with digestion.

Hi CBDmed, nice 2 meet you 2! I tried lemontek once but maybe I did something wrong as it didn't seem much different. I usually just chew them up good and wash them down with tea or coffee, but always on am empty stomach.
My understanding is the acidic lemon juice breaks down the chitin in the shroom cell walls so it helps with digestion.
Good ideas!
😂 Hahaha, that is a great idea!! Only, she will never go for that. (She is super duper picky---which is one reason I want her to try the shrooms! 😂 )
Probably I will grind them up and put them in 00 Veggie capsules, and tell her to start with four, and take one more every half hour until she is good.
(Probably she will actually do that.)
:thanks:

Start with one or 2 capsules until you know how potent they are. Don't take more after an half hour or hour. That can get u in truble...
True. Very true. Excellent point.
She may be autistic also, and also with CPTSD. She has a ton of emotional numbness. She has a hard time feeling my 1:1 CBD weed, so I thought these gold caps might be just the thing to help her lighten up. But you are totally right. Gold caps for anti-depression are a totally different experience than medical weed, so just because she is mostly numb to weed does NOT mean that she would necessarily be numb to gold caps. Very good point! They are two separate axes.
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

check this link Pan Cyan
Ahh, ok. Great link. Thanks.
It looks like Pan Cyan is hot weather.
Probably the guys down in the Coffee Triangle region can find these. It is much cooler up here, but I will keep a lookout in case it has adapted (because cubenses adapted...)...
If Pan Cyans cannot be found, I promise to be most content with the golden caps! I was NOT expecting that!!
:slide::slide::slide::slide:

Don't take my word for what those mushrooms are that you have, CBDMed. There exists a whole array of identifying characteristics for the stem, cap, gills, spores, everything. Texture, color, shape, etc. Only when you have checked off all the boxes can you say "Yes, I have an example of species _______."
There are many potentially poisonous mushroom species that haven't been documented, so hunting wild mushrooms can be risky. Please be careful!

Don't take my word for what those mushrooms are that you have, CBDMed. There exists a whole array of identifying characteristics for the stem, cap, gills, spores, everything. Texture, color, shape, etc. Only when you have checked off all the boxes can you say "Yes, I have an example of species _______."
There are many potentially poisonous mushroom species that haven't been documented, so hunting wild mushrooms can be risky. Please be careful!
Got it!
I will investigate more carefully.
EDIT : I ordered a compound microscope and camera.

Back
Top Bottom