Colombian Andes Greenhouse SIP CBD Auto Grow

I think your best bet is to use the Colombian Roots, as you were leaning toward. Soil is more forgiving than coco. I'd say get the soil method dialed in before you venture into coco land. Emilya is using soil.
:oops:
Yeah, very good point.

@Emilya Green , you could grow in anything you want.
Hahaha, you asked me why I like worm castings so much--so may I please ask you, why do you choose soil over coco, if the yields are hypothetically better in coco?
Is there some difference in quality, flavor, or taste?
Or may I please ask why you prefer soil?

Hahaha, @Emilya Green , maybe you can change the name of the thread to "El Gringuito's Friends Help Him Figure Out How To Grow His Medicine"? 😂

@Azimuth , if I cannot use WC for a top layer with GF, what else can I use?

:oops:
Yeah, very good point.

@Emilya Green , you could grow in anything you want.
Hahaha, you asked me why I like worm castings so much--so may I please ask you, why do you choose soil over coco, if the yields are hypothetically better in coco?
Is there some difference in quality, flavor, or taste?
Or may I please ask why you prefer soil?
Taste. Flat out, organically grown in soil tastes better. All you can get in coco is what is in your nutes. We don't yet know everything though, and I feel in my bones that there is something extra, something so primal that the nute folks haven't figured it out yet, that happens in soil. It only makes sense, since everything on this earth comes from the soil, that this natural fertile ground can provide more to a grow than something artificial. So I get what you are saying about the WC adding something to the taste, and I think we are talking about the same thing... it is that earthiness that we can smell and taste, and some yet unknown enhancement to the grow itself.

Taste. Flat out, organically grown in soil tastes better. All you can get in coco is what is in your nutes. We don't yet know everything though, and I feel in my bones that there is something extra, something so primal that the nute folks haven't figured it out yet, that happens in soil. It only makes sense, since everything on this earth comes from the soil, that this natural fertile ground can provide more to a grow than something artificial. So I get what you are saying about the WC adding something to the taste, and I think we are talking about the same thing... it is that earthiness that we can smell and taste, and some yet unknown enhancement to the grow itself.
:high-five::woohoo:

Soil it is!!

The dank!!

@Azimuth , if I cannot use WC for a top layer with GF, what else can I use?
I use compost, but a layer of straw or grass would work great, some people even use plastic like a garbage bag type material. The mulch will help protect the soil and topdressings from drying out and better allow the microbes to do their thing.

I use compost, but a layer of straw or grass would work great, some people even use plastic like a garbage bag type material. The mulch will help protect the soil and topdressings from drying out and better allow the microbes to do their thing.
Gracias Azi. :thanks:

I use coir.
:ciao:

Coco is an excellent media to grow in I find.
Great yield and quality. :Namaste:
Most common reason people choose soil over coco is the feeding.
You feed every day, I'm 2x a day in flower.
So your pretty much chained to the garden.:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:
You need someone there everyday to keep your coco fed.
That's a drawback for some.
Soil, throw them a bucket of water an come back next week to see how she is, more forgiving on the daily schedule.
Nobody has complained about the taste of my pot yet.
But the run I did with @Prescription Blend nutrients got rave reviews.
So what you feed you definitely get back.
Shame about them.:love::Namaste:Rx.
Hope everything is going well today my friend.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN # Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

I use coir.
:ciao:
Yeah, that's a great idea! I still have those two bags of cocoa quarter mixed with pine bark. I can't use it for anything else. But it should make a good mulch. :thumb:

Coco is an excellent media to grow in I find.
Great yield and quality. :Namaste:
Most common reason people choose soil over coco is the feeding.
You feed every day, I'm 2x a day in flower.
So your pretty much chained to the garden.:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:
You need someone there everyday to keep your coco fed.
That's a drawback for some.
Soil, throw them a bucket of water an come back next week to see how she is, more forgiving on the daily schedule.
Nobody has complained about the taste of my pot yet.
But the run I did with @Prescription Blend nutrients got rave reviews.
So what you feed you definitely get back.
Shame about them.:love::Namaste:Rx.
Hope everything is going well today my friend.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN # Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
Thanks, Bill!
Yeah, I'm not sure if we are going to go on this trip or not, but probably at least a short one. But we need to buy a flexible ticket in case it stretches out.
Finding reliable helpers wasn't exactly easy in the United States, and here you pretty much have to have family to get that kind of reliable help.
My assistant who would be staying here is "recovering from marijuana" :( so I don't want to ask him to do it :(

Worst comes to worst I'll just start again when I get home. But probably it could work with soil and one premade application each week. (If I give them something consistent to do, with very simple instructions, they can follow that. And they like plants here, so it should work.)
I think I can mix the Geo flora and the sweet candy and get a bucket with a scoop, and tell them what day and what time to fertilize and water, and then they will come whenever they want, haha, but probably they will do it within a day or two.
Then they just have to have the monitor the water levels. And it should be good to go.
(Probably trimming is outside the box, but if I get it started before I go, it should be OK.)

:reading420magazine::reading420magazine::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:
Me not know right now. Me not sure. Me needs to get launched into low earth orbit 🛰️, and then pray about the timing, hahaha!! (because without CBD, I just stress. And without THC it takes 10 times as long to get the answer!).
:volcano-smiley:
ha ha ha, this method works!
:)

So I'm not sure right now on the timing. I just need to pray and listen. But it does seem like Roots Organic soil, @GeoFlora Nutrients , @DYNOMYCO , and Sweet Candy should save time and hit real good.

Thanks for the sweet time-saving combo, @Emilya Green !! :green_heart::thanks::woohoo::volcano-smiley:

Thanks, Bill!
Yeah, I'm not sure if we are going to go on this trip or not, but probably at least a short one. But we need to buy a flexible ticket in case it stretches out.
Finding reliable helpers wasn't exactly easy in the United States, and here you pretty much have to have family to get that kind of reliable help.
My assistant who would be staying here is "recovering from marijuana" :( so I don't want to ask him to do it :(

Worst comes to worst I'll just start again when I get home. But probably it could work with soil and one premade application each week. (If I give them something consistent to do, with very simple instructions, they can follow that. And they like plants here, so it should work.)
I think I can mix the Geo flora and the sweet candy and get a bucket with a scoop, and tell them what day and what time to fertilize and water, and then they will come whenever they want, haha, but probably they will do it within a day or two.
Then they just have to have the monitor the water levels. And it should be good to go.
(Probably trimming is outside the box, but if I get it started before I go, it should be OK.)

:reading420magazine::reading420magazine::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:
Me not know right now. Me not sure. Me needs to get launched into low earth orbit 🛰️, and then pray about the timing, hahaha!! (because without CBD, I just stress. And without THC it takes 10 times as long to get the answer!).
:volcano-smiley:
ha ha ha, this method works!
:)

So I'm not sure right now on the timing. I just need to pray and listen. But it does seem like Roots Organic soil, @GeoFlora Nutrients , @DYNOMYCO , and Sweet Candy should save time and hit real good.

Thanks for the sweet time-saving combo, @Emilya Green !! :green_heart::thanks::woohoo::volcano-smiley:
I've used that exact combination in coco.
Excellent results.
I use bokashi and frass & dazzle aswell but that's optional.
Geoflora calmag and water while you are away will be simple.
No problem.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

I've used that exact combination in coco.
Excellent results.
Great to know! Thanks, Bill! :thanks:
I use bokashi and frass & dazzle aswell but that's optional.
Thanks for reminding me! :thumb:
I have been wanting to check out Bokashi.
I got some of those tumbling drum composters, to keep the food waste up off the ground (so you did not get rats).
Only, I tried those here in Colombia, and there were flies and maggots everywhere :eek::eek::eek: !
Is Bokashi is a sealed system? Or do you compost it first, and then bury it to complete the process?
And if you have to bury it, can be it done in a portable bucket with known-organic soil? (Because they spray Roundup here.)

Hahaha, about Insect Frass, I cannot find any that will ship to Colombia. :(
Only, when you do add insect frass, how much do you add? :yummy:

Well, that was interesting! I have been adding Recharge to the water I put on the coca plants for the last two weeks (since we started talking about Recharge and Mikrobs), and for two weeks there are no aphids...
(Interesting data point.)

Great to know! Thanks, Bill! :thanks:

Thanks for reminding me! :thumb:
I have been wanting to check out Bokashi.
I got some of those tumbling drum composters, to keep the food waste up off the ground (so you did not get rats).
Only, I tried those here in Colombia, and there were flies and maggots everywhere :eek::eek::eek: !
Is Bokashi is a sealed system? Or do you compost it first, and then bury it to complete the process?
And if you have to bury it, can be it done in a portable bucket with known-organic soil? (Because they spray Roundup here.)
I don't have time to make my own, so I use this from Zon.
Hahaha, about Insect Frass, I cannot find any that will ship to Colombia. :(
Only, when you do add insect frass, how much do you add? :yummy:

PSX_20230618_043714.jpg

This is the frass I use , it's 0-0-0
I mix it in with the coco and mist to activate.
A small amount goes a long way.
Then I layer some inside the pots, just a sprinkle and activate.
I use bi or kelp plus Superthrive to activate it.
Then every week to 10 days I top dress with both to recharge.
I also use Remo sweetener to feed them daily.
It's in my Heavens Shores thread.
Want me to find it for you?

Bill284 😎

PSX_20230618_043639.jpg

I don't have time to make my own, so I use this from Zon.

PSX_20230618_043714.jpg

This is the frass I use , it's 0-0-0
I mix it in with the coco and mist to activate.
A small amount goes a long way.
Then I layer some inside the pots, just a sprinkle and activate.
I use bi or kelp plus Superthrive to activate it.
Then every week to 10 days I top dress with both to recharge.
I also use Remo sweetener to feed them daily.
It's in my Heavens Shores thread.
Want me to find it for you?

Bill284 😎

PSX_20230618_043639.jpg
Thanks, Bill!
I checked the Zone, and they won't ship any kind of frass to Colombia. But what was really weird was it would not let me even ship it to our reshipper (?!?!?!), which I am taking as a sign.

Thanks to the Father, things are going the right way. With lots of prayer, there is the promise of going net positive in a couple of years. But for a couple of more years, the budget is still really tight, and I already had to justify flying in the GeoFlora and the Sweet Candy.
:volcano-smiley::D
I have decided that what I really want is a hydraulic press, and one of those Daab and Wand devices, so I need to save up my shekels for those.

I looked for Bokashi also, but they also won't ship that to Colombia (no idea why).
I could ship a Bokashi bin and some bran, but it takes time.
:(

But hey, I think this Emmie-Stack in Azi-SIPs over Roots Organic is going to be sweet!
It seems like easy to do, and takes no time! So I am stoked.
I am on a new project, and when it is done I will probably start a new thread (and invite everyone).
And then I will mix SIPs and pop beans!
:) :) :)
I hope you have a wonderful day!
:slide: :slide::slide:

You can make both the insect frass and bokashi yourself if your so inclined.

Bokashi is essentially LAB soaked into a carrier material like wheat bran (though I used sawdust) and then spread over kitchen scraps in a closed (anaerobic) container like a bucket and left to ferment.

The frass can be made with ground up, dead insects. I've thought of getting one of those patio bug zappers to rid the backyard of mosquitoes and then making the frass with the carcasses. Bill's link says his frass is made from bug poop, but I've seen other stuff made from that and the dead insects themselves.

Thanks, Bill!
I checked the Zone, and they won't ship any kind of frass to Colombia. But what was really weird was it would not let me even ship it to our reshipper (?!?!?!), which I am taking as a sign.

Thanks to the Father, things are going the right way. With lots of prayer, there is the promise of going net positive in a couple of years. But for a couple of more years, the budget is still really tight, and I already had to justify flying in the GeoFlora and the Sweet Candy.
:volcano-smiley::D
I have decided that what I really want is a hydraulic press, and one of those Daab and Wand devices, so I need to save up my shekels for those.

I looked for Bokashi also, but they also won't ship that to Colombia (no idea why).
I could ship a Bokashi bin and some bran, but it takes time.
:(

But hey, I think this Emmie-Stack in Azi-SIPs over Roots Organic is going to be sweet!
It seems like easy to do, and takes no time! So I am stoked.
I am on a new project, and when it is done I will probably start a new thread (and invite everyone).
And then I will mix SIPs and pop beans!
:) :) :)
I hope you have a wonderful day!
:slide: :slide::slide:
I made bokashi el G! The LAB as well. Found all the recipes on line and it costs almost nothing. Search for DIY bokashi if you think you may be interested. I may have doc'd it on The Mag if you search for it here. Zkittlez, Skywalker & Kosher Kushes By CoffeeShopSeeds is the journal it's in. Edit, the LAB was from Emilya's thread I think.

I made bokashi el G! The LAB as well. Found all the recipes on line and it costs almost nothing. Search for DIY bokashi if you think you may be interested.
@Bud Bokashi 's Thread here is a good follow if you go that route. He gives step by step into his organic sorcery methods.

You can make both the insect frass and bokashi yourself if your so inclined.

Bokashi is essentially LAB soaked into a carrier material like wheat bran (though I used sawdust) and then spread over kitchen scraps in a closed (anaerobic) container like a bucket and left to ferment.

The frass can be made with ground up, dead insects. I've thought of getting one of those patio bug zappers to rid the backyard of mosquitoes and then making the frass with the carcasses. Bill's link says his frass is made from bug poop, but I've seen other stuff made from that and the dead insects themselves.
Yeah, I think the idea is to simulate the best of what microbial and insect activity there would be in the wild. In the wild you would have both insect carcasses, and insect poop.
DTE I think is apple maggot poop. So for DIY you could just chop up some apples and put them in a fine-mesh ventilated box with some flies, and let them do their thing, and then just clean up after them.
I am going to be super busy, so I don't know if I will have time for DIY right now. So the Emmie-Stack seems like a real high quality blessing.

Back
Top Bottom