Colombian Andes Greenhouse SIP CBD Auto Grow

What part of "Use Geoflora nutrients as a stand alone system..." are you not getting? As I said previously, they say it can power a grow in coco which has nothing in the way of nutrients in it.

Use your other soil with it if you want, but that's not even necessary.
I understand his concerns, Azi. CBD likes to start with components and learn as he goes, so the concept of a "ready-made granule just add plant" is different than his normal approach.
I love hearing Emmie's prize-winning scientific knowledge, but I also appreciate the approach of learning granularly.
i'm just happy because I can see a number of different ways to get me weed, mon! :Rasta::Rasta:

CBD, sorry, I need to loop you in on the other thread when I respond there.
I think that will solve the problem at its Organic Roots (haha), because then we'll have one thread going and not two.

I'm somewhat confused by Geoflora. It seems to me it's intended to supplement (via top dressing) a soil that is already fertilized.
1686738430954.png

So, if Geoflora is used with Roots Organics soil, that soil is far from a well-fertilized soil (or supersoil). I'm guessing the NPK amounts are very low. Given that Roots Organics Lush is 1.00 - 0.50 - 0.50, I'm guessing the Original is even less than that.

Here's from Aurora Innovations, makers of Roots Organics Original potting soil, in response to @el gruinguito inquiring about the Colombian version of the product:

"This soil is the same soil we make in Eugene Oregon and it is imported. It is the exact same recipe. We do not out NPK values on our soil as we keep it proprietary."​

So... I'm not seeing Geoflora (top dressing) as a replacement, really, for either mixed-in dry ferts, or liquid ferts. Again, it seems most appropriate as a top dressing for an already fertilized soil. (It's granular and not water-soluble.)

OK, so here's the punchline...

"GEOFLORA APPLICATION: Top dress 8 oz per ten gallons of growing media once every two weeks with the appropriate formula, and water thoroughly. For amending, apply at the same rate prior to transplant, then top-dress after two weeks." [ feeding chart PDF ]​

So, they are also saying it can be used as an amendment... added to the soil prior to planting. So for example, that would be 1/2 cup of Geoflora dry granular product in 5 gal. of soil. For comparison, my supersoil contains a lot more dry, powdered ferts that this. The Geoflora ratio is 0.5c/5 gal. = 0.1. My ratio is about 0.5c/1.5 gal. = 0.33, or over 3 times as much. (Even more, actually, because powder is more dense than granules.)

Another factor: Geoflora is not powdered, it's granular. I suppose this is meant to make it more appropriate as a slow-release top dressing. But this works against it being used as an amendment. Sure, it will more-or-less work, but it isn't as immediately available to the roots compared to a powder.

Overall conclusion: How you use Geoflora depends on your grow medium and amount of ferts mixed into your grow medium.
Hey CBD,
now that Emmy has answered me on the other thread, and I know how much of the other components to use, I think what I plan to do is to fill the container with the roots organic, which they say should have enough food to power the vegetative stage. But I'm gonna watch it, and maybe we can do some test batches, where I add dog water to one plant, but not another. Or maybe we can add some Geo flora veg to one plant, and just leave the other one in plain roots soil, just for an experiment. How does it sound?

And I think what I can do is I can scratch a little bit of potting mix in right where I will put the bean. And that way the beans won't burn, but the young seedlings should have access to food and DynoMyco.
Emmy has been winning prizes with Geo flora, and DynoMyco. And she also recommends another top dressing called "sweet candy" (which actually smells good) to enhance flavors and trichrome's and such.
i'm sure you can hit the target another way, but a lot of people have the impression that Emmy has it zeroed in already.
(She's pretty smart, and she knows a lot, and she says she loves this stuff, so I think I'm going to give it a try.)

I think if we just set up three different test conditions with a few different plants, one just with the roots organic and Dino Michael, and then a plant that gets dog water, and then a plant that gets Geo flora veg. (It won't be a clone experiment, but with a large enough sample size, it should give us an idea.)

So the unit has a coil that when turned on emits waves of magnetizm. The bowls have an iron lining inside the glass that when inside the waves, get hot. Boom!
Sounds great! I can't wait to try it.
:thumb::thumb:
I am not sure on timing. I am saving my shekels for a rosin press, a Wand, and a Daab. (And I think I will keep using my Solo II for flower for now, as long as the battery is still good.)
New hardware is a chunk of silver for me, so maybe in time for Tabernacles??
In the meantime, I want to get growing, so I have something to press! Haha.

Oh, by the way, that reminds me, I have been waiting for my last crop to dry out, so I can store it in Ziploc bags. But it isn't really getting dry. Even after a month or whatever, it still feels kinda flexible, and green.
So can I just leave them in their cardboard boxes as they are, and use them up? Or will they oxidize (rust) and go bad?

I was hoping to do some of that Somalian fermented stuff, but I did not have time to research it yet. Does that translate well to a vaporizer (or to a rosin press)?
Or do I just leave it in boxes, and use it :D , and not worry about it?
I am not trying to bag appeal anyone, I am just trying to maintain earth orbit, hahaha.
☄️🚀🛰️

When I smoke my screen, I reach 60,000 feet, but the taste is harsh.
I am hoping the Dab and the Wand will be significantly smoother than that.
Also, Grandpa had a "secret honey" recipe that seems like it should travel well, and make great gifts! (And maybe if I like them, I will tell them what is in it first, lol! :p )

Hey CBD,
now that Emmy has answered me on the other thread, and I know how much of the other components to use, I think what I plan to do is to fill the container with the roots organic, which they say should have enough food to power the vegetative stage. But I'm gonna watch it, and maybe we can do some test batches, where I add dog water to one plant, but not another. Or maybe we can add some Geo flora veg to one plant, and just leave the other one in plain roots soil, just for an experiment. How does it sound?

And I think what I can do is I can scratch a little bit of potting mix in right where I will put the bean. And that way the beans won't burn, but the young seedlings should have access to food and DynoMyco.
Emmy has been winning prizes with Geo flora, and DynoMyco. And she also recommends another top dressing called "sweet candy" (which actually smells good) to enhance flavors and trichrome's and such.
i'm sure you can hit the target another way, but a lot of people have the impression that Emmy has it zeroed in already.
(She's pretty smart, and she knows a lot, and she says she loves this stuff, so I think I'm going to give it a try.)

I think if we just set up three different test conditions with a few different plants, one just with the roots organic and Dino Michael, and then a plant that gets dog water, and then a plant that gets Geo flora veg. (It won't be a clone experiment, but with a large enough sample size, it should give us an idea.)
One correction... Sweet Candy is mixed with the water either in the rez or top watered once a week for the Geoflora

One correction... Sweet Candy is mixed with the water either in the rez or top watered once a week for the Geoflora
Thank you, Emmy! @Emilya Green :thanks: :thanks:
I kinda like the idea of top-watered better (not sure why, but it just seems to make more sense).
So, to confirm ('cuz I don' always hear too good), since you recommend top-dressing once a week for SIPs, I should split the GF and SC doses in half, and apply them as a top-dress once a week?
(And I can add some Re-Charge if I really want, but probably it is not needed?)

So I put Roots Organic, DynoMyco sufficient for 5G, and 10% worm castings (WC) and 20% Perlite in a mixing bin, and mix it up real good.
Then I add a teaspoon of DynoMyco halfway down, and also an inch below the bean.
I can mix a little planting mix 50-50 right around the bean if I want, but probably it is not needed.
Then load up the SIP res, and let it wick.
Then the next day, top off the SIP res, and soak beans.
Then the next morning, plant beans, and then mist as necessary to keep it just sliiiightly damp (until Jack and his Beanstalk show up, haha!).

I have a question about worm castings 🪱 as a top-dress.
If I put an inch of WC as a top-dress, do I still want to add 10% to the mix?
(Or no?)

Also, I guess I am still confuzzed about layers and spikes. I guess it is a different system (The Rev), but I don't know why the same principles would not still apply.
With the Phoenix Sativa Surprise, I tried putting "dollops" in one girl's dirt (just as an experiment), and that girl did get bigger. (Maybe 10-15% bigger, which I thought was pretty good just for putting four big dollops of cheap Garden Girl Bloom Booster ($10 on the River) into the soil.
It makes me want to try it with GeoFlora!! Haha! :p :p :p
It is not conclusive or anything, because it was seeds (and not clones), but it makes me want to try that again.
(I realize it shouldn't make any difference, but it looks like it may have, so I want to check it out.)

Am I missing anything?
(Or, "What am I missing?")
:reading420magazine:

Thank you, Emmy! @Emilya Green :thanks: :thanks:
I kinda like the idea of top-watered better (not sure why, but it just seems to make more sense).
So, to confirm ('cuz I don' always hear too good), since you recommend top-dressing once a week for SIPs, I should split the GF and SC doses in half, and apply them as a top-dress once a week?
(And I can add some Re-Charge if I really want, but probably it is not needed?)

So I put Roots Organic, DynoMyco sufficient for 5G, and 10% worm castings (WC) and 20% Perlite in a mixing bin, and mix it up real good.
Then I add a teaspoon of DynoMyco halfway down, and also an inch below the bean.
I can mix a little planting mix 50-50 right around the bean if I want, but probably it is not needed.
Then load up the SIP res, and let it wick.
Then the next day, top off the SIP res, and soak beans.
Then the next morning, plant beans, and then mist as necessary to keep it just sliiiightly damp (until Jack and his Beanstalk show up, haha!).

I have a question about worm castings 🪱 as a top-dress.
If I put an inch of WC as a top-dress, do I still want to add 10% to the mix?
(Or no?)

Also, I guess I am still confuzzed about layers and spikes. I guess it is a different system (The Rev), but I don't know why the same principles would not still apply.
With the Phoenix Sativa Surprise, I tried putting "dollops" in one girl's dirt (just as an experiment), and that girl did get bigger. (Maybe 10-15% bigger, which I thought was pretty good just for putting four big dollops of cheap Garden Girl Bloom Booster ($10 on the River) into the soil.
It makes me want to try it with GeoFlora!! Haha! :p :p :p
It is not conclusive or anything, because it was seeds (and not clones), but it makes me want to try that again.
(I realize it shouldn't make any difference, but it looks like it may have, so I want to check it out.)

Am I missing anything?
(Or, "What am I missing?")
:reading420magazine:
No, follow the directions and only feed gf every 2 weeks... But in a sip, top water once a week to either feed or water it in. Wc are not needed with GF, but in moderation they won't hurt anything. Put too thick of a layer though and they can block water flow, which would also affect how well the GF can get down into the soil

No, follow the directions and only feed gf every 2 weeks... But in a sip, top water once a week to either feed or water it in. Wc are not needed with GF, but in moderation they won't hurt anything. Put too thick of a layer though and they can block water flow, which would also affect how well the GF can get down into the soil
Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Light bulb coming on!! (💡 ! Haha, too bad it is not LED!)

Thank you, Emmie! :morenutes:

So I should check my WC first, and make sure they won't cake, or clot up, and mess up moisture flow??

Ok, if they do block water flow, what else can I use for a top-dress (besides GF and SC, haha)?

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Light bulb coming on!! (💡 ! Haha, too bad it is not LED!)

Thank you, Emmie! :morenutes:

So I should check my WC first, and make sure they won't cake, or clot up, and mess up moisture flow??

Ok, if they do block water flow, what else can I use for a top-dress (besides GF and SC, haha)?
Guaranteed, a thick layer of them will block water flow. Not only that, but then suddenly they get absorbed into the soil in a gooey mess and suddenly you have a gap, a void in your soil where there is nothing to support the roots, and the soil caves in or compacts to fill that space. It can get ugly, so if I use WC I mix them in... no layers, and not as a mulch.

But why us them? If GF supplies everything you need, including the microbes, except for the known gap in K needs, then GF plus a PK supplement is all you need. Anything more is overkill. WC will supply some additional species of microbes to be sure, both good and bad, but again, why? The more microbes the better? Some of the bad microbes will attack your good microbes. Remember amigo, sometimes less is better and with just the GF, there are no bad microbes. That being said, on your next grow with the supersoil, those WC will be the cat's meow... that and recharge and you will be in prize plant territory. Trust the GF.

What part of "Use Geoflora nutrients as a stand alone system..." are you not getting? As I said previously, they say it can power a grow in coco which has nothing in the way of nutrients in it.

Use your other soil with it if you want, but that's not even necessary.
Does @Emilya or anyone else here have experience using Geoflora with plain coco, without using any other ferts? If so, just as a top dressing?

Again, Roots Organics Original potting soil comes with no NPK and no guaranteed analysis. If it had a decent NPK, wouldn't they put that right on the bag?

Geoflora can be used as a top dressing and an amendment... says so right on their website.

It sounds like there's something magic about Geoflora granules that I perhaps missed from looking at their website. I mean it's just some basic macronutrients, Ca & Mg, S, some kelp and bacteria (+ molasses, humic, yucca). You can add that in a pre-made product, or you can add those things individually as I do with DTE products. As we discussed recently on this forum, liquid fert products are sometimes just overpriced versions of what you can source individually and put together DIY. Isn't that the case here? Am I not supposed to say that?

Does @Emilya or anyone else here have experience using Geoflora with plain coco, without using any other ferts? If so, just as a top dressing?

Again, Roots Organics Original potting soil comes with no NPK and no guaranteed analysis. If it had a decent NPK, wouldn't they put that right on the bag?

Geoflora can be used as a top dressing and an amendment... says so right on their website.

It sounds like there's something magic about Geoflora granules that I perhaps missed from looking at their website. I mean it's just some basic macronutrients, Ca & Mg, S, some kelp and bacteria (+ molasses, humic, yucca). You can add that in a pre-made product, or you can add those things individually as I do with DTE products. As we discussed recently on this forum, liquid fert products are sometimes just overpriced versions of what you can source individually and put together DIY. Isn't that the case here? Am I not supposed to say that?
How about using it with 6 year old soil, that may or may not have enough good stuff left to get through a grow? I have done this multiple times and yes, Geoflora all by itself, top dressing every two weeks and watering when the plant needs it, supplies everything the plant needs. Also, GeoFlora includes microbes, that are unlocked from the granules into a fresh army of nutrient processors, every time you water.

So topdressing, yes... that is the recommended way of applying this feeding system. It is not an amendment when used in this way, it is the primary source of food and microbes. Yes, you can amend it to your soil, to get the soil activated and ready to support a grow, but this will only work for the first 2 or 3 weeks, and then all of that goodness will get absorbed. You can not amend a soil to get through an entire grow using GeoFlora... it is designed to break down in 2 weeks and needs to be reapplied.

How about using it with 6 year old soil, that may or may not have enough good stuff left to get through a grow?
OK, so your old soil may have had some nutrients left over.

I have done this multiple times and yes, Geoflora all by itself, top dressing every two weeks and watering when the plant needs it, supplies everything the plant needs. Also, GeoFlora includes microbes, that are unlocked from the granules into a fresh army of nutrient processors, every time you water.
OK, thanks. Have you or anyone here tried it with plain coco, as top dressing only?

So topdressing, yes... that is the recommended way of applying this feeding system. It is not an amendment when used in this way, it is the primary source of food and microbes. Yes, you can amend it to your soil, to get the soil activated and ready to support a grow, but this will only work for the first 2 or 3 weeks, and then all of that goodness will get absorbed. You can not amend a soil to get through an entire grow using GeoFlora... it is designed to break down in 2 weeks and needs to be reapplied.
OK, good... so Gringuito may need to start that way, because his soil choice (Roots Organics Original) appears to be on the very light side w/ nutrients, but the actual amounts are unknown.

Guaranteed, a thick layer of them will block water flow. Not only that, but then suddenly they get absorbed into the soil in a gooey mess and suddenly you have a gap, a void in your soil where there is nothing to support the roots, and the soil caves in or compacts to fill that space. It can get ugly, so if I use WC I mix them in... no layers, and not as a mulch.
Ok, thanks! I will be sure to mix them in real good.
(Hahaha, I am thinking about a cement mixer...) :)
But why us them? If GF supplies everything you need, including the microbes, except for the known gap in K needs, then GF plus a PK supplement is all you need. Anything more is overkill. WC will supply some additional species of microbes to be sure, both good and bad, but again, why?
I would have to re-read the GF thread, but I think someone (either @GeoFlora Nutrients or @Mr. Krip if memory serves correctly) said that the only thing GF did not have was WC, and that you could add them for extra flavor. (Sorry, not sure if I know how to find it on a search. Maybe someone smarter will know.)

I am a guy, so I can't remember details to begin with even before the head injury, and even before I toke up :)
As a stoned guy with a head injury (haha), all I can tell you at this exact moment in time is that my impression is that what you want for GF is good soil or coco, plus GF, DynoMyco, and aeration (Perlite or pumice). And everything else is optional.

My impression was that WC are optional, but that there would be a flavor enhancement.
I think you (Emmie) said that Re-Charge / Mikrobs was also optional, but that it would not hurt (or words to that effect).
Then I asked about molasses, etc., and you recommended GN Sweet Candy (which I already put it in my cart in the boat on the River--thank you).

Basically, I think somewhere someone said that they would enhance flavor. And I am a total 100% sucker for worm castings. I remember doing my first two grows with chemical nutes.
Then I switched to soil, and it was better.
Then I added worm castings, and I became sold on the chocolate-y flavor.
:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

Also (since you asked), it is a messianic passage (you asked).
Tehillim (Psalms) 22:6
6 But I am a worm, and no man; A reproach of men, and despised by the people.
Just the thought of worm castings reminds me to be humble, ever time I see or hear of worm castings.
(You asked.)

The more microbes the better? Some of the bad microbes will attack your good microbes. Remember amigo, sometimes less is better and with just the GF, there are no bad microbes. That being said, on your next grow with the supersoil, those WC will be the cat's meow...
THAT's what I'm hoping for!!!!!!
Thank you!!
:thanks::thanks:
that and recharge and you will be in prize plant territory. Trust the GF.
Hahaha! I feel like I am dreaming!
Am I flying my X-wing toward the Death Star, or what??
😂

No, but I am happy to experiment. I could do a few pots in coco, if that would be better.
Someone was saying that the water just passes right through the coco, though.
Yeah, is there anyone who does GF in coco, who could comment?
Or can @GeoFlora Nutrients please let us know?
Yeah, I know what you are saying. But Colombia is more differenterish than what I thought it was going to be (that is for sure), and I have lived in BOTH Chile and Panama! Hahahaha!
(So Colombia is stranger than fiction--because fiction has got to make sense!!)
(True story.)

I want to be a gentleman, and I don't want to do or say the wrong things, but having dealt with the Colombia government for a little while now, I can easily believe Mr. Aurora's assertion that the labeling requirements here in Colombia are stupid (because we have had to do lots of stuff for them that makes NEGATIVE 100% sense).
If you put NPK on the package and they don't ask you to, then they will probably make you prove NPK on an industrial scale, because they don't understand small indoor canna grower scale (even on a nation-wide scale).
Again I don't want to say the wrong thing, but I would not accuse them of either logic, or planning.

Well, I think the charge is that GF has come up with the easiest organic feeding regimen yet, and that it is complete to the degree that prize-winning growers like Emilya prefer it over anything else they have tried.
I was super skeptical too. When I switched to Subcool's it was WAY better flavor and yield than anything I had had to that point. And it was just so easy! Just add water!

...Okay, spend three or four hours heaving around 100 gallons of soil about a zillion times, and then you sleep good that night. And then let it cook (compost) for at least 4+ weeks (I guess The Rev says 12??). And then fill the bottom of your bucket 1/3 to 1/2 full. Then just add water.
-OR-
Open a packet of GF, and scoop a half cup on top every two weeks, and then just add water. And Emmie says it is economical, too, compared to other organic methods she has tried.
(So basically, if it costs the same or similar, and there is zero work, and it is 100% complete to the point that even Emmie says she can't imagine using anything else....)

I've seen some of Emmie's grows, and she crushes it flat.
So Emmie says the cost is on the lower end of the organic scale (paraphrase), at least in the States.
I need to determine the comparative cost by the time I get it here, because international shipping doubles the cost, whereas the components I am sourcing may get sent by boat (and hence, shipping is cheaper).
So for me there might still be a possible cost savings in buying components, just because I am outside of the domestic US delivery system.
Are you outside of the normal US delivery system in Hawaii?
And you do clones. Could you track costs and quality between sourcing components (as you do now), vs. trying a few bags of GF?
I don't mean to put you to extra work, but it would be great to see someone else's cost breakdowns (because after my head injury, I don't do too good with numbers anymore. Unless you put a $ dollar sign in front of it--and then I can usually figure it out. Haha!)

OK, so your old soil may have had some nutrients left over.

OK, thanks. Have you or anyone here tried it with plain coco, as top dressing only?

OK, good... so Gringuito may need to start that way, because his soil choice (Roots Organics Original) appears to be on the very light side w/ nutrients, but the actual amounts are unknown.
I was thinking to run some experiments side-by-side.
I want to run some different flavors, so I want to grow some CBD Crack, and also some 100% CBD strains.
It is not clones, but I would be glad to run some comparison tests with maybe 4 containers using coco,
and 4 containers with straight Roots Organic (no VEG supplementation. Only BLOOM supplementation--but I reserve the right to add dog water or other if these plants end up lagging behind)
and 4 containers with some GF Veg applied (because I am not going to burn it, right?)
Or would there be a better experiment?

Also, do I need to do anything to the coco to make it so that the nutes do not pass through?
(Does anyone ever mix like 15-20% soil with 80-85% coco, to trap the nutes?)

Azi said that @Bill284 said that you cannot use WC with coco, because it messes up the pH.
(I have no direct knowledge. I am only passing secondhand information.)
(I suppose I could look for kitchen compost again, but I think I could just use GF and SC, and then compare the taste).

Would anything like that be helpful?

No, but I am happy to experiment. I could do a few pots in coco, if that would be better.
I think you'll be OK using the Colombian Roots and maybe amend it with one dose of Geoflora before planting, and then proceed with the usual Geo feeding schedule.

I want to be a gentleman, and I don't want to do or say the wrong things, but having dealt with the Colombia government for a little while now, I can easily believe Mr. Aurora's assertion that the labeling requirements here in Colombia are stupid (because we have had to do lots of stuff for them that makes NEGATIVE 100% sense).
If you put NPK on the package and they don't ask you to, then they will probably make you prove NPK on an industrial scale, because they don't understand small indoor canna grower scale (even on a nation-wide scale).
Again I don't want to say the wrong thing, but I would not accuse them of either logic, or planning.
I think what Mr. Aurora meant is that they don't divulge the NPK on this particular product, or perhaps all their soils, as a general rule. It's not a Colombia thing. I can confirm that nowhere online will you find the NPK of their Original mix. I somehow found it for Lush, but don't remember how... some distributor had it I guess.

So for me there might still be a possible cost savings in buying components, just because I am outside of the domestic US delivery system.
Possibly. It's easy enough to determine how much ferts are in Geo, and then compare to buying individual DTE products.

Are you outside of the normal US delivery system in Hawaii?
Hawaii is semi-normal. We can get most everything available online, free delivery w/ Amazon Prime, and fairly quickly. The worst is lithium ion batteries. Some other items "Can't be shipped to your location," which is sometimes mysterious.

And you do clones. Could you track costs and quality between sourcing components (as you do now), vs. trying a few bags of GF?
I don't mean to put you to extra work, but it would be great to see someone else's cost breakdowns (because after my head injury, I don't do too good with numbers anymore. Unless you put a $ dollar sign in front of it--and then I can usually figure it out. Haha!)
As I mentioned before, I have way too much going on... behind on multiple projects on my land here, and other work not related to that as well. DM me and we could talk about a cost analysis. What are your prices + shipping for DTE products? Can you order via Amazon.com?

I was thinking to run some experiments side-by-side.
I want to run some different flavors, so I want to grow some CBD Crack, and also some 100% CBD strains.
It is not clones, but I would be glad to run some comparison tests with maybe 4 containers using coco,
and 4 containers with straight Roots Organic (no VEG supplementation. Only BLOOM supplementation--but I reserve the right to add dog water or other if these plants end up lagging behind)
and 4 containers with some GF Veg applied (because I am not going to burn it, right?)
Or would there be a better experiment?

Also, do I need to do anything to the coco to make it so that the nutes do not pass through?
(Does anyone ever mix like 15-20% soil with 80-85% coco, to trap the nutes?)

Azi said that @Bill284 said that you cannot use WC with coco, because it messes up the pH.
(I have no direct knowledge. I am only passing secondhand information.)
(I suppose I could look for kitchen compost again, but I think I could just use GF and SC, and then compare the taste).

Would anything like that be helpful?
I think your best bet is to use the Colombian Roots, as you were leaning toward. Soil is more forgiving than coco. I'd say get the soil method dialed in before you venture into coco land. Emilya is using soil.

I think you'll be OK using the Colombian Roots and maybe amend it with one dose of Geoflora before planting, and then proceed with the usual Geo feeding schedule.
Hahaha, ok!
I thought I should run a few experiments anyway.
I think what Mr. Aurora meant is that they don't divulge the NPK on this particular product, or perhaps all their soils, as a general rule. It's not a Colombia thing. I can confirm that nowhere online will you find the NPK of their Original mix. I somehow found it for Lush, but don't remember how... some distributor had it I guess.
Ahhh, ok!
I just remember Subcool talking about how much better the flavors were with Roots Organic, than with the other soils he was using.
"The selection of your base soil is very important, so don’t cut corners here. I can’t begin to discuss all the different products out there, but I will mention a few in this article. A good organic soil should cost you from $8 to $10 per 30-pound bag. Since I want to give you a very specific idea of what I consider to be a balanced soil, take a look at the ingredients in a product called Roots Organic:

Lignite, coco fiber, perlite, pumice, compost, peat moss, bone meal, bat guano, kelp meal, greensand, soybean meal, leonardite, k-mag, glacial rock dust, alfalfa meal, oyster shell flour, earthworm castings and mycorrhizae.

"So far we’ve found that Roots Organic produces a more floral smell in the finished buds, while Harvest Moon generates larger yields."

Possibly. It's easy enough to determine how much ferts are in Geo, and then compare to buying individual DTE products.
Yeah. Dat's da plan!
Hawaii is semi-normal. We can get most everything available online, free delivery w/ Amazon Prime, and fairly quickly. The worst is lithium ion batteries. Some other items "Can't be shipped to your location," which is sometimes mysterious.
Yeah, if I could get everything "semi normal" I would be all over DTE nutes.
I remember the first time I went from a chemical grow to Clackamas Coot's soil, and it was like the difference between Tang and fresh squeezed orange juice, lol.
As I mentioned before, I have way too much going on... behind on multiple projects on my land here, and other work not related to that as well. DM me and we could talk about a cost analysis. What are your prices + shipping for DTE products? Can you order via Amazon.com?
Yeah, I will DM you, but I am not real worried about the numbers. In the end, it is what it is, and the most important element is time. (I never have excess money, but time is always scarce.) So $hekel$ is not the main issue for me right now anyway--it is time. (Which makes GF even more appealing.)

Back
Top Bottom