Colombian Andes Greenhouse SIP CBD Auto Grow

I also got the feeling that no one liked your rice hulls idea, including your plants!

hahaha! :laughtwo:
yeah, but I think that was because of all the sodium (good call, @cbdhemp808 !!)
i even went over the top and made tea with the rice hulls (trynta figure it out), and tasted no saltiness at all.
I don't want to say the wrong thing, and I don't want this to come off the wrong way, but I've been over it, and over it, and my "detectives hunch" is that that "All Mix" soil they sold me in Bogotá probably had salt in it – like some brain surgeon substituted table salt for Epsom salt thinking, "what's the difference?" (Because it is hard to wrap one's mind around, but they actually do that kind of thing here.)
In terms of DE and silica, I don't see the harm in mixing it before the cook. It's been around for millions of years so why not add it while you're already doing all the hard work?
yeah, ok, thanks!
but how much?

I mixed two weeks ago, and turned it once already. I will probably add and turn again today, if I can find out how much. (It is cooking nicely, nice warm composty smell, smells good!) 🙂
I plan to let this one cook while I do the GeoFlora grow. (Hopin' ta start soon, if I can get some time! But first I gotta figure out this spanky spendy new press, and figure out how to decarb!!)

But isn't the entire point of the DE to keep critters off the soil surface and therefore out of your soil? Seems to me it's best as a top dressing after your plant is in.
Yes, food grade DE is great for that! But I think Shed (or maybe Otter?) said not to consume DE on your buds, 'cuz they are bad for lungs (but if you eat, it can be a good thing).

I was looking at it for silica. I thought the rice hulls would be a neat way to bring in silica, but then we had problems with that other soil, and no one knows for sure if it was the rice hulls or the soil (and no way to find out without spending $50), but I made tea with the rice hulls and tasted zero salt.

So, my thought was, I am trying to experiment with what is local, cheap, and sustainable. The rice hulls were mostly to get silica and aeration into the grow at the same time.
So I thought, if people don' like the rice hulls, how else can I get silica in the grow? And I think Shed (or maybe Otter) said DE. So I was just trying to find out how much to use, and do I need to cook it.
It sounds like DE does NOT not need to be cooked ){cuz it is ancient), so I will probably just mix it in when I turn my supersoil over in a week or two. (And I plan to let it cook for a good three months, because Emmie said the Rev said 3 months, even though SubCool said one month. But I hope to let it cook until it is good and cold. Right now it is hot.)
(I hope to use GeoFlora on the next grow, to save time.)

But isn't the entire point of the DE to keep critters off the soil surface and therefore out of your soil? Seems to me it's best as a top dressing after your plant is in.
Folks selling DE say it's a good way to get silica into the soil. I personally don't buy that (since it is almost 100% water insoluble) but I have no proof one way or the other whether it eventually breaks down, so my recommendation was based on what I figured would be the easiest way to mix it in.

:drool:
WOW that bud looks good!
Hahaha, "Cover Shot!"

Delta, you are also in high humidity country, correct? Are there any special tips for curing in humidity?? Thanks.

Humidity changes very fast where i live in Canada .. can be 65% rh one day and 50 the nexts..
in winter you can get down into the the 30rh here..

u want your drying hanging room at 60 -62% rh with lots of air circulations..
do what ever you have to do to make it so...

Humidity changes very fast where i live in Canada .. can be 65% rh one day and 50 the nexts..
in winter you can get down into the the 30rh here..

u want your drying hanging room at 60 -62% rh with lots of air circulations..
do what ever you have to do to make it so...
Ohhh, that is the Canadian Delta, not the Mississippi Delta... haha 😆
image0.jpeg

Hola a todos! :woohoo: :woohoo:

We had a much bigger struggle than we thought, but we won this first round, and the second round is looking good, so it is aaaalmost that happy time--time to pop beans! :yahoo:

I got a real good scare from my landlady a few days ago. She called wanting to show the house, to sell it. :oops::oops:
Things move SO slowly here, we still have to wait until February or March to get the road opened, and then we can build (and it takes about a year here). So our houses are probably 1-1/2 years from completion, meaning I will probably have to look for another place to rent before my place is done.

The Father always provides, but not always in the ways we expect--so now I am thinking I need to grow while I still have a grow room, because if she is looking to sell, then sooner or later she will find a buyer (and they are just getting ready to open up a road connecting to a big city). So probably soon I will have two months to find a place (and most of the places here are small, noisy, and not super safe). In any case, I should grow as much as I can now, while the growing is good.
:morenutes:
I am thinking I should just grow as much as I can, back to back, and then either reduce it with the rosin press, or I read that there is some way to ferment it with plastic food storage bags so you can store it long term (i.e., so it is mobile, in case I lose my place, Father forbid).

Anyway, I have been doing real well with the dust up until now. You just mix it in with your food, and it helps you stay elevated in ways that are kind to your lungs, but it would be nice to have something that does not have that same "toasted can abyss" taste each meal (or in case I want to serve it to guests). So I am looking forward to a modified EmmyStack in AziSIPs, and then make as much as I can, and store it while I can.

And in other happy news, I found out I CAN have vapes! I just need to start doing it right :rolleyes: I was vaping the whole herb in a glass bowl, but I guess because of airspace, it took more air to roast it--so all of that extra hot air was roasting my lungs. But if I grind it first, I does not roast my lungs, lol. 😂

And THAT happy piece of news ALSO means @StoneOtter 's Daab and Wand are in view :yahoo:

And I feel blessed growing it, because I love how it makes the whole house smell nice. And the extra light and warmth is very welcome (cuz the valley is cooler than I thought, lol).
The only thing is, I was starting to pull out my stuff, and I rememberd that I put a bunch of Zeolite and something like Zeolite (I forget 😂) in worm castings, and put it on the roof. I pulled it back in about a month ago, to get it out of the UV, and I just pulled the top off, and it looks pretty funky. Is that top white funk just because the water evaporated, and it was not sitting under water? Meaning, do I just scrape that top layer off, and I have batteries-in-worm-castings to use? (Or is the batch bad?)

h.jpg

I am not sure I will use this "battery" for this grow, but do I scrape the top funk off, and put some more water on it?
I appreciate any advice. I will probably start a new thread when I get ready to put a test bucket together.

I hope the living/growing situation works out for you!
I read that there is some way to ferment it with plastic food storage bags so you can store it long term
@Stunger did a whole bunch of posts on his cob-making starting here, not to mention the entire thread Sue started in 2018 and still going strong:
I believe Tangwena is still around as well.
but it would be nice to have something that does not have that same "toasted can abyss" taste each meal
If you do use a press you would decarb after you squish, which eliminates a lot of that toasted flower taste.

I hope the living/growing situation works out for you!

@Stunger did a whole bunch of posts on his cob-making starting here, not to mention the entire thread Sue started in 2018 and still going strong:
I believe Tangwena is still around as well.

If you do use a press, you would decarb after you squish, which eliminates a lot of that toasted flower taste.
Awesome! Thank you, Shed!
I need to reread my notes about using @GeoFlora Nutrients and Sweet Candy in soil, so I can do a sample SIP bucket. Just need to read up :reading420magazine:

Welcome back, El G! Haven't seen you around in a while.

I don't know what you've got going on in that rooftop barrel but it looks pretty wet. Were you doing some sort of extract up there?
Hey Azi! Good to hear from you.
I was trying to soak Zeolite and Activated Charcoal in worm castings, to get them good and full of microbes. (It has been up there like maybe a year.)
Did you say you use something like 8% of pre-charged activated charcoal or pre-charged zeolite in your grows?

I am guessing some mold grew on the top surface, because some of the water must have evaporated off, and so it grew mold.
Do I just scrape off the mold, and re-cover with water? (I thought I should check.)

Ah, OK, an extract. I do do that with biochar and then use that as 8-12% of my mix.

The mold can form if, as you say, some of the material gets exposed to air. I just stir it up, mixing it back in. Doesn't seen to hurt anything and I figure the biology is probably helpful in breaking stuff down.

Back
Top Bottom