CBD Auto EmmyStack In AziSIPs, GeoFlora, Sweet Candy, Dynomyco, Roots Organic Soil +

CBDMed

:welcome: Hola a todos! Welcome from the Colombian highlands!
@Emilya Green @Azimuth @StoneOtter @Bill284 @Buds Buddy @GeoFlora Nutrients @DYNOMYCO @cbdhemp808 @bluter @SmokingWings @Keffka @DeltaDubie and who did I miss?
:woohoo: It is time to grow again! :yahoo:
We have a little bit of time pressure. The landlady said she wants to sell, and places big enough to grow inside are difficult to find here. So at the moment I need to grow as much medical CBD Auto weed as I can. I hope to store some in Malawi fermentation bags, and press some into rosin.
For containers, I want to use 15 of the standard 5G GroTech SIP buckets.
I want to use Roots Organic Soil for the base, because it is the best I can find here.
I hope to power the grow with @GeoFlora Nutrients, GLN's Sweet Candy, and what ever else Emmie recommends (haha).
I think I have some barley seed around here somewhere.
(I also have some banana-peel worm-casting tea I hope to ask Emmie about later.)

With 15 buckets, I need to make sure I have enough GF before I start.
With a 5g SIP GroTech bucket, am I probably using 4G of soil? And if I am using GeoFlora plus Sweet Candy, how much room do I leave at the top of the 5G SIP bucket (below the rim)?
Meaning, if the SIP takes up 1G of the 5G bucket, then do I calculate based on 4G? Or do I calculate based on 3.75G (because I have to leave some room for the GF and SC residue)?
How much room do I leave at the top? :hmmmm:

About a top covering, I can put 1" of dried worm castings, but it will need some kind of a cover.
I can put either 1" of coco coir (or coco-pine [50-50]) on top of the wc, to keep it moist. Alternately, I can put a plastic cover. Does anyone have any recommendations?
(Haha, "To top-mulch, or to plastic?" That is the question!)

Also, @Emilya Green , do I use extra perlite with Roots Organic Soil? And if so, how much extra perlite? (I think you said 20-25%, but I cannot remember if it was in relation to Roots Organic soil, or what.)

About GF, on the @GeoFlora Nutrients page, it says to pre-mix the 1st dose of GF VEG into the soil. Um, does that mean to mix it in uniformly, throughout the mix (like the DynoMyco)?
Also, do I still make a space for a Solo-cup's-worth of NON-pre-loaded Roots soil (without GF), for the seedling to start?
(That is, do I leave a Solo-cup's-worth of regular Roots soil for the seedling?)

And about Roots, I have never used it. It has a lot of premium meals. So does that make it a "hot" soil (like FFOF) to where I want to make maybe a golf-ball sized crater where I mix the Roots soil 50/50 with starter mix? (Or do I use all starter mix? Or is that not really necessary?? :reading420magazine: I am without clue in this department...)

The GF calculator says that for 15 SIPs using maybe 4 G of soil, and 3 applications in veg (autos) and 3 applications in bloom, I need 6 cups of Veg, and 6 cups of Bloom. Is that for all 15 plants?
And I have the 8Lb bag of Veg. How many cups is 8 Lbs? (I am thinking it looks like enough, and if not I can get more shipped in, but it takes time, so I would have to supplement with dog water [urine]).

Six cups.jpg

I should have lots of GF Bloom, SC, and DM.

For DynoMyco, it says, 1.5 gallons (6L) use 1/4 cup. So maybe with 4g of soil, use 3/4 cup? And do I mix that in uniformly? Or what techniques could you recommend with the standard GroTech SIP?

Thank you to all.

Always cut commercial soils with at least 15% perlite even if they already have it. I lean more toward 25% since I also throw in EWC and coco

LOL me? :ciao:

And @ReservoirDog has always recommended up to 40% perlite in soil SIPs.

I missed that it was SIPs. That’s around what I would use too. That way the roots don’t suffocate and compaction won’t devastate you.

Always cut commercial soils with at least 15% perlite even if they already have it. I lean more toward 25% since I also throw in EWC and coco
Gracias. I think Emmie said 20%, so that fits.
I always used to mix the EWC in. Only, I think Emmie and Azi were saying to do a top 1" of EWC--but then you have to keep it moist, because my EWC are bagged. (So probably a plastic.)

LOL me? :ciao:

And @ReservoirDog has always recommended up to 40% perlite in soil SIPs.
What?!? I was thinking about you the whole time I was doing that list! Lol!! Either I am too stoned, or maybe I had too much weed? Lol. 🤦‍♂️

And Res Dog.

Gracias. I think Emmie said 20%, so that fits.
I always used to mix the EWC in. Only, I think Emmie and Azi were saying to do a top 1" of EWC--but then you have to keep it moist, because my EWC are bagged. (So probably a plastic.)

I do both.. I cut 1/3 of my mix with EWC and I also add in a layer on top. I also sprinkle a 1/2 to 1 tsp of it every week as well.

I use EWC for a lot of stuff. Every time I go to establish a new worm farm I get distracted. I would get the biggest boost and value for my grow by setting one up but I just never pull the trigger on the worms for some reason 🤣

Hey @el gringuito ! Good to hear from you :ciao:

I've been goin' crazy with terpenes lately... found out some very cool stuff. Here's the tail end of my recent round of research...

I came across a promising terpene profile for the CBD plant known as Harle-Tsu, 14% CBD... I think maybe we talked about that one before... here's the terps... high myrcene, terpinolene, pinene... good chance for fungus resistance

1701306042099.png

Hey @el gringuito ! Good to hear from you :ciao:

I've been goin' crazy with terpenes lately... found out some very cool stuff. Here's the tail end of my recent round of research...

I came across a promising terpene profile for the CBD plant known as Harle-Tsu, 14% CBD... I think maybe we talked about that one before... here's the terps... high myrcene, terpinolene, pinene... good chance for fungus resistance

1701306042099.png
Very interesting. Are your terpenes for mold resistance?
I thought I remembered someone saying that Harle-Tsu needs less than 50% humidity in bloom.

DURING THE FLOWERING STAGE​

Once you have decided to flip your plant/s to flower (switching lights from 18-6 to 12-12) you will notice the plant stretch over the coming days/weeks. Ensure humidity levels don’t exceed 50% throughout the flowering stage.

Requirements For Growing Harle-Tsu Seeds Indoors​

As a first precaution, humidity levels need to be carefully monitored and maintained below 50% during the flowering period. Harle-Tsu is a dense grower, which means we need to keep a close eye on humidity to prevent any unwanted mold growth on plants. Regular trimming is essential to allow proper airflow through the canopy and ensure a healthy, thriving crop.

It is a great strain. I love it. Do you perhaps have more fans?

:welcome: Hola a todos! Welcome from the Colombian highlands!
@Emilya Green @Azimuth @StoneOtter @Bill284 @Buds Buddy @GeoFlora Nutrients @DYNOMYCO @cbdhemp808 @bluter @SmokingWings @Keffka @DeltaDubie and who did I miss?
:woohoo: It is time to grow again! :yahoo:
We have a little bit of time pressure. The landlady said she wants to sell, and places big enough to grow inside are difficult to find here. So at the moment I need to grow as much medical CBD Auto weed as I can. I hope to store some in Malawi fermentation bags, and press some into rosin.
For containers, I want to use 15 of the standard 5G GroTech SIP buckets.
I want to use Roots Organic Soil for the base, because it is the best I can find here.
I hope to power the grow with @GeoFlora Nutrients, GLN's Sweet Candy, and what ever else Emmie recommends (haha).
I think I have some barley seed around here somewhere.
(I also have some banana-peel worm-casting tea I hope to ask Emmie about later.)

With 15 buckets, I need to make sure I have enough GF before I start.
With a 5g SIP GroTech bucket, am I probably using 4G of soil? And if I am using GeoFlora plus Sweet Candy, how much room do I leave at the top of the 5G SIP bucket (below the rim)?
Meaning, if the SIP takes up 1G of the 5G bucket, then do I calculate based on 4G? Or do I calculate based on 3.75G (because I have to leave some room for the GF and SC residue)?

About a top covering, I can put 1" of dried worm castings, but it will need some kind of a cover.
I can put either 1" of coco coir (or coco-pine [50-50]) on top of the wc, to keep it moist. Alternately, I can put a plastic cover. Does anyone have any recommendations?
(Haha, "To top-mulch, or to plastic?" That is the question!)

Also, @Emilya Green , do I use extra perlite with Roots Organic Soil? And if so, how much extra perlite? (I think you said 20-25%, but I cannot remember if it was in relation to Roots Organic soil, or what.)

About GF, on the @GeoFlora Nutrients page, it says to pre-mix the 1st dose of GF VEG into the soil. Um, does that mean to mix it in uniformly, throughout the mix (like the DynoMyco)?
Also, do I still make a space for a Solo-cup's-worth of NON-pre-loaded Roots soil (without GF), for the seedling to start?
(That is, do I leave a Solo-cup's-worth of regular Roots soil for the seedling?)

And about Roots, I have never used it. It has a lot of premium meals. So does that make it a "hot" soil (like FFOF) to where I want to make maybe a golf-ball sized crater where I mix the Roots soil 50/50 with starter mix? (Or do I use all starter mix? Or is that not really necessary?? :reading420magazine: I am without clue in this department...)

The GF calculator says that for 15 SIPs using maybe 4 G of soil, and 3 applications in veg (autos) and 3 applications in bloom, I need 6 cups of Veg, and 6 cups of Bloom. Is that for all 15 plants?
And I have the 8Lb bag of Veg. How many cups is 8 Lbs? (I am thinking it looks like enough, and if not I can get more shipped in, but it takes time, so I would have to supplement with dog water [urine]).

Six cups.jpg

I should have lots of GF Bloom, SC, and DM.

For DynoMyco, it says, 1.5 gallons (6L) use 1/4 cup. So maybe with 4g of soil, use 3/4 cup? And do I mix that in uniformly? Or what techniques could you recommend with the standard GroTech SIP?

Thank you to all.
Woohooo :woohoo:
Sounds great my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Very interesting. Are your terpenes for mold resistance?
my research zeros in on terpinolene and the other "pine terpenes" for bud rot resistance, and myrcene and the other non-pine terpenes (plus pinene) for leaf mold resistance. This is based on results from the two strains I'm growing, HI-BISCUS and Humboldt Dream respectively. I put together a hypothetical terp profile, and then ran it through the Kannapedia database, and viola... found a bunch of them.

I thought I remembered someone saying that Harle-Tsu needs less than 50% humidity in bloom.

DURING THE FLOWERING STAGE​

Once you have decided to flip your plant/s to flower (switching lights from 18-6 to 12-12) you will notice the plant stretch over the coming days/weeks. Ensure humidity levels don’t exceed 50% throughout the flowering stage.

Requirements For Growing Harle-Tsu Seeds Indoors​

As a first precaution, humidity levels need to be carefully monitored and maintained below 50% during the flowering period. Harle-Tsu is a dense grower, which means we need to keep a close eye on humidity to prevent any unwanted mold growth on plants. Regular trimming is essential to allow proper airflow through the canopy and ensure a healthy, thriving crop.

It is a great strain. I love it. Do you perhaps have more fans?
In my environment in the greenhouses, I wouldn't do anything differently. I would probably do some pruning as usual, to open up air flow.

I'll be posting to my thread shortly... interesting experiment going on in my flower house right now.

In my environment in the greenhouses, I wouldn't do anything differently. I would probably do some pruning as usual, to open up air flow.

Oh, just keep it open, and I can grow Harle-Tsu?? That would be great!
Harle-Tsu is a great strain.
:thumb:

I have looked at the SIP method hoping it would be what I wanted for my outdoor summer flowering plants but it will not work. Still, it does appear to be an excellent alternate method between a true soil/dirt grow and a hydro method. As for the amount of room between the top of the soil and rim of the contrainer I figure the same as if using any soil/compost based medium.

Maybe a bit less headroom needed since once the SIP takes over watering the plant from below there is little need for room at the top of the soil.

I have looked at the SIP method hoping it would be what I wanted for my outdoor summer flowering plants but it will not work. Still, it does appear to be an excellent alternate method between a true soil/dirt grow and a hydro method. As for the amount of room between the top of the soil and rim of the contrainer I figure the same as if using any soil/compost based medium.

Maybe a bit less headroom needed since once the SIP takes over watering the plant from below there is little need for room at the top of the soil.
Hey Smoking. Good to hear from you.
I am sorry to hear the SIP is not working for you. For me it was a night and day change (because I never did seem to figure the wet-dry watering method out. :rolleyes: )

I think I hear what you are saying, though. If the GF calculator says it is 0.4 cups of VEG and 0.4 cups of BLOOM in 4 gallons, that is adding 0.8 cups of topdress to the top of the bucket, but most of that is going to wash in, so really it seems negligible. (So no sweat.)

Hey Azi, great to hear from you.
If I go with 1" topcover of dried EWC, is it better to put a plastic, or would 1" of coco-coir/pine tree bark mix work just as well? Any thoughts or feelings you would care to share?

Man, I am looking at this SIP, there is only really 8 or 9 usable inches.
I am thinking, 1" of WC, and then 1" of coco-coir??
Nahh, if I do 1" of WC then I am thinking I should use a plastic.

9.jpg

Ok, this is Roots. I think I will mix small batches for now.
It easily passes a dry crush test.
I was hoping to hear from Emmie, but it seems she is not here, so I will add 25% perlite (because I think she said 20 or 25%, and 25% is easy to calculate).
(It seems like some pretty plush stuff! If I was a cannabis root, I would be digging this!)
Roots.jpg

Back
Top Bottom