J9Black's 1st Grow Ever - Phototron Pro - Grow Tent - Cloning

Re: J9Black's 1st Grow Ever: Phototron Pro/Grow Tent/Cloning

Oh, and I am uh, PISSED that none of the WWs has even bothered to germinate. I've used the paper towel, soak, germination bed and normal dirt methods. So far, $180 down the drain. I could have used that money on an automated watering system.

I'm thankful for the patient who responded with the clones. Having these Wonder Woman (WoWo?) clones takes the edge off of the WhWi disappointment.

I have moved four seeds that were soaking in water to a grow medium that has already failed on the WhWi. So one cup now has 5 seeds in it. Something has got to break through.

The reason the add water light came on was that I'd never received the sensor that would detect water and report to the Eco-Brain. So, basically... I was flooding the roots. BUT, because the bubbler had been running, I think I am fine. My WoWo transplants came from a hydroponic grow and was essentially moved to a ----------- grow. I drained some of the water and I am letting the aerator dry things out a bit, then I am going to restart with a lower water level, and get the hour long dry time that is called for in the instructions.

On the subject of instructions...see next post.

My critique so far...

1. The box that held the shipped content looked amateurish. The product should be shipped in styrofoam mold.

2. The package marketing of the Phototron itself is non-existent. The product line could explode in the mainstream if the overall marketing were better. The appearance on Martha Stewart was brilliant, but that is all I've seen. The product capabilities are exaggerated and slightly misleading.

3. The instruction and documentation are meager and old. There should have been a model specific instructional DVD. Though I like the Phototron babe, the videos on Youtube don't cut it and are out of date. The product is outpacing the company. That is a recipe for failure.

4. There is nothing even like a support forum on the company website.

5. The company is making an effort to go upmarket--to where the gold is. That is very good.

6. Even with all of this, I love what it does...and I expect more maturation over the next year.

7. I love how it looks but more importantly, it is very functional.

More in the next post.

8. I don't see Spicolli (sp) dropping the clams on this one. I think those who would buy one of these units love the applied fusion of technology and gardening. The technology isn't as THERE as it needs to be, but it is a nice start.

I like that the platform has room for growth--if not room for more than one good sized plant.

This is my Phototron Pro review so far, take it for what it is worth. Move if necessary.

Hey brother nice clean setup you got there Taylor and Michael looking good as are your clones by the way those are some big ass clones haha from what I've read from people who've grown wonder woman its supposedly great I think there's even a review on this forum in the strain review section

Also I was interested in the vacuum sealing myself did you ever find anything out about it? As far as my knowledge goes vacuum packed bud should be fine forever as long as no light or heat gets to it as air light and heat deteriorate thc from my understanding and hope that white widow pulls through for you it's really a great strain good luck:thumb::thumb:

Nothing yet, but I have some time. Michael and Taylor are still going and growing strong. I hope they turn out female. I think so, just based on what I've read. The bag seeds may end up stars. Irony. I've moved the ballast to 300 watts from 200 watts to keep all of the garden warmer throughout the night.

WhWi are still MIA. Nothing...nada.

I think the WoWos are preflowering due to transplant stress. So I have moved them to 12 x 12. If they crap out, I won't care. I will go buy another triad of clones and do better next time.

Growing is such a very cool and fascinating hobby. I can see why grown men can acquire a Martha Stewart like stewardship of their medicine and vegetable gardens. :welcome:

I've had it with the WhWi. I've dumped the last 4 seeds into two of the old WW cups, and dropped another six or eight bag seeds into third cup. Something will break through or I'm tossing the soil and starting with fresh soil and the "free" seeds. I've kicked up the digital ballast to a full 400W now to compensate for colder temperatures.

Michael is still doing great. Taylor *seems* good, but short. It's first first leaf set above the cotyledon were yellow and brittle. No idea as to cause yet. Yes, I've been to the "plant abuse" section.

I think it might be nitrogen deficiency but I'm holding off and not over-reacting. I am preparing coffee grounds though.

The three WoWo, Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos have been reverted to vegetative state. I want to run the normal course with them and let the chips fall where they may. Gardening teaches patience, no?

I've trimmed some wan looking leaves, but here is a current photo of the three fates.

DSCF8128.JPG

Well bro from what I see from that photo things aren't too bad over your way looking good we all have setbacks but hey $#!% happens

:thanks:

The WoWo teens seem fine. I fearlessly enjoy cutting away the underperforming/dying/dead branches. Michael is kicking arse, while Taylor seems viable but retarded. I will post photos later to see if anyone sees anything. Both seem to send mixed messages, vibrant new growth but yellowing of the primary leaf set above the cotyledon. I have added some coffee grounds to Taylor's soil.

I am still completely blown away by how awesome it is to grow one's own medicine--and food. The green beans and other plants are doing well. Is there anyone else out there who has taken to gardening subsequent to medicine grows? Maybe your "man card" would get revoked?

The automatic feeder seems to be working fine, as does the ecobrain water sensor.

Thanks for reading.

In my opinion they're looking kinda hungry but other than that looks like things are goin pretty well

Just before I leave on a two day trip to SF, I discovered what looked like a couple of seed helmet tops. I return to find three or four seedlings, maybe five at various heights up to 2.5"!

To recapitulate, I now have 9 medicinal grows going at various stages. The Three Fates in the Phototron are rocking. Taylor is looking bad, and Michael’s yellow bottom leaves are a concern.

I will post Images tomorrow. Not a single WhWi has so much as sprouted! All soil grows have been bag seeds. Did the government irradiate my seeds?!

:hmmmm:

What's wrong with Michael and Taylor here? I've also included the PIC of "The Castaways" just beginning to sprout.

DSCF8165.JPG

DSCF8163.JPG

DSCF8162.JPG

DSCF81611.JPG

DSCF81601.JPG

DSCF81581.JPG

DSCF81571.JPG

According to plant abuse chart, it looks like the problem for all the plants is nitrogen deficiency.

Back
Top Bottom