J9Black's 1st Grow Ever - Phototron Pro - Grow Tent - Cloning

J9BLACK

WW Feminized seeds. The PhotoPro is supposed to be here tomorrow!

Out of impatience, I bought a 40 cf grow tent, 400W Digital Ballast with MH bulb, 6" vent fan with 25 ft of duct, a warm mist humidifier, thermo/hygrometer, Digital PH tester, seed starter soil, and a very cool power strip with individual outlet timers. Oh, and a variable speed fan controller, fine pruning shears, and a heating pad germination station. I also already had a remote monitoring station so I can see the temperature inside the grow tent beamed onto the ceiling over my bed. That is cool. To be able to pry open my eyes at 4:00A to see a dimly red 75F.

For the first time in my life, I planted a cannabis seed (bag) in soil. I used a single seed in three separate germination pots, and watered generously. I have a simple fluorescent lamp on the little steam room right now.

I plan on using the last six bag seeds tomorrow when I set up the PhotoPro. I figure it's smart to practice on these before the Feminized WWs arrive.

I didn't like the yoyo hangars, so I have ordered something different and more expensive and hopefully, better.

I have a slight change in strategy. I plan on taking clippings from mom (as per Primo's advice...at 10 weeks?) and then letting her bloom. I will then try to invoke veg state and then one more flower try.

I plan to hydroponically grow mothers (3 at a time), and clone them in soil in the tent.

That's all the news that I've got today.

Re: J9Black's 1st Grow Ever: Phototron Pro/Grow Tent/Cloning

The Photo-Pro arrived on time per Phototron's prediction. The packaging was discrete and adequate.

I'm a dork with my hands, but I was able to get it assembled easy enough. Because I'm at the germinating stage, I didn't bother connecting up the Feed-a-Tron. Within 15 minutes of assembly I had six seeds planted in three cups. I *think* I'm rocking now. I'll add some pictures.

Again, the seeds are of unknown strain and gender.

IMAG01578.jpg
IMAG01606.jpg
IMAG01615.jpg
IMAG01634.jpg
IMAG01646.jpg
IMAG01665.jpg

subbed. Why hydro mom to soil grow? Most people go the opposite, just curious as to your logic.

I won't be able to keep a mom for long in the growth chamber as the branches will get too thick and unwieldy--per Phototron. So the idea of a perpetual hydro mom won't work beyond maybe six months.

My goal is to get one thriving female mom to yield enough cuttings to produce my legal limit of all female plants growing in the tent. I then hope to complete a massive harvest for personal use, while just keeping the train of females (maybe three) continuously growing in the Photo-Pro.

Twelve thriving plants should yield at least 16 ounces, right? That would take care of me for the year. If I get two pounds, that would be great. Will cannabis in a jar last two years in a dark cabinet? Anyway, I want all of my grow tent gardening to be complete by May. When it gets to June and 120 degrees, the last thing I want is to garden in my garage. The office Photo-Pro will keep on though...

Now, I might trade an ounce or two here and there with another patient, but I am not married to that idea. I already have some Purple Erkle and Bubba Kush on hand and frankly I cannot tell the difference between those two, or any of the strains I have tried. I am a neophyte at this. Maybe after I actually have a grow under my belt, I can appreciate the differences among the different strains--other than THC content. I want my cannabis expertise to extend as far as growing the right strain for my arthritis condition, but not much farther. Cannabis is not the center of my life.

It may seem strange to dump a lot of money to get one or two 16 ounce harvests, but the goal here is to complete my medicinal requirements and then move on to growing fruits and vegetables and then canning.

Maybe TMI, but perhaps someone else out there is trying the same thing...?

I will try to get my cannabis grows done in the fall for the entire year, and then grow food until summer.

I would like any constructive advice on achieving all of the previously stated goals.

What IS the best way to preserve cannabis?

Unless something odd really happens, these will be my last two pictures of the device.

However, I do plan on doing time lapse photography of the growth chamber.

DSCF8003.JPG

DSCF8004.JPG

I've fired up the room warm mist humidifier as the the air levels were around 22%. Thirty minutes later its up to 26.67%, but I think anything approaching 50 would be an improvement.

None of the bag seeds has poked up above the soil line. I know it's early and gardening is going to teach me patience. :hmmmm:

It could be the bag sees are just old dead things that won't spark back to life. No matter, I have more seeds coming including WW. When *those* arrive, what isn't sprouting will get moved to the grow tent (under 400W MH) as a last ditch effort.

I plan on germinating those WWs using the standard wet paper towel method.

The first seedling (from the group of 9 bag seeds) has sprouted. I'm a proud new papa. Maybe I CAN do this.

DSCF8005.JPG

Here's something you don't see every day. I have a webcam setup to take hourly pictures, and stream. That way I can have a look-see, from my IPAD in another room without going blind from the LEDs, or opening up the chamber.

cam_1_20111109_082111.jpg

I have two seedlings now. It's pretty exciting to be able to grown one's own medicine without fear.

hjkl_9876.jpg

hjkl_.jpg

loiku_lkij.jpg

I cannot believe it has only been one week since I assembled the unit, and dropped in the three pairs of seeds. I have had one seedling (Taylor) from that, which was on schedule, and one (Michael) from the dirt plant earlier. Michael started much later but right now is twice as developed...that was interesting. I am going to wait until BOTH are 4" before moving them

I am concerned that my WW will never arrive. I have contacted another patient about getting three rooted clones at the end of the week. If that works out, Michael and Taylor will be moved to the grow tent where we will learn their genders and figure out the operations and management regime.

Thanks.

Can you re-read through the thread and rephrase your question?

The cost information for each and every item is easily available on the Internet

The grow box IS the Phototron. It starts around $500, I spent maybe $250 on the completed grow tent.

I know their on the internet man lol i was literally asking YOU How much YOU paid for it. I can find 30 different prices for any product on the internet. Relax a little on your responses people get cirious, smoke a bowl and take ot easy. People ask questions lol

Cool. Peace. :)

I have to have low maintenance hobbies and interests, so I spent more than some have found acceptable on the Phototron. I was savaged for it on another web board.

Back to the grow...

The Phototron's red alert light lit up and the console asked me something like, "OK, dude. Are you good with moving on to the seedling/clone stage now--Oh, and add water."

That was pretty darn cool.

Back
Top Bottom