Jack's Land Of The RDWC Autos!

Jack, what's the word with your pH and the silica? Which one are you using? I've been missing it a bit on my hydro grows.

I have protekt, but damn it drives the pH way up and takes half a swimming pool worth of pH down to get it down into range and then keep it there.

I've done a ton of digging, and it looks like Rhino Skin isn't near as bad with the pH. At least from what I could find. It's from AN, but whatever. If it works, it works. Looks like it's a pH of 5.7 out of the bottle, and geared towards their pH perfect compatibility. So maybe that's what I'll try.

i'm finding the plants want it hot in hempy.

Hope that proves true for me. Gonna be a hot summer, and I'll have 5 dutch buckets going. :cheesygrinsmiley:

From the AN site:

Can Rhino Skin Affect pH?

No, Rhino Skin has a neutral pH of 5.7 and was made this way so it can work with our pH Perfect System. It does not affect the pH in any way, so that your reservoir will keep the pH level in the optimum range of 5.6 – 6.1 pH. To ensure that Rhino Skin is properly dissolved and distributed in your nutrient water, add it to your reservoir at least two hours before feeding, allowing it to solubilize. Agitate your water before you administer it to plants.

Now to see how many arms and legs it'll run me at the grow store. They're way high on the AN stuff. If it's too bad, I'll order from Grow Green. :rolleyes:

A0BB8B67-AAEC-4AE8-9024-0FB3081382F2.jpeg

Only use quarter strength of silica didn’t really notice a jump in ph much still working the kinks lol we all are

I’m using armor si but also used poteckt also

I've been using protekt, but it definitely will raise your pH and make it whacko if you get much past 1.5-2ml/gal.

I did grab a jug of Rhino Skin earlier. I'll be doing a water mix tonight or tomorrow for my little ones, so will see how it does. Shit ain't cheap, I'll tell ya that. 3x what I could get a gal of protekt or armor si for, but whatever. If it doesn't fuck up my pH and I can use it, then it's worth it. The others are usable, but it takes so much pH down to get it under control that it isn't worth it.

Agree with u always used armor si since I started growing n I can definitely tell the difference in my stocks of my plants ect but at times it even act funny wen ur not using it with gh stuff but def cheap enough to give it a try but I herd great stuff bout that rino skin how much u paid for it brother???? Hydro store ????

Yeah, hydro store. Was around $115. I’d have to double check, but about that. Maybe $120. I had a couple other things too, but I’m in the ballpark at 115 within 5 or so.

I’m not planning on running it full strength, so that will help. Will be giving it a mix tomorrow afternoon/evening, so we’ll see.

Umm purple lemonade auto from fast buds purple queen gorilla cookies bubba kush gelato og and sweet zombie
Oh dam tht sounds like a nice lineup bro i jus started germing some new seeds i guna the lannies another try plus a Bluedream haze and then another critical purple kush n hopefully get a purple pheno but ok if i dnt lol. Oh yeah also starting a gelato auto as well lol. But yea check the new toy tht showed up in tye mail 2day can any1 say its pressn time lmao.

I even got the rosin bags already to go lol. I got some black Cherry punch and cali snow bud drying tht im guna tryn press see what all i get lol. Do u happen to know if i need cured buds or can i do fresh buds like these one only been drying a few days or can pick righ off the plant for some live resoin or does it not work like tht idk im guna have 2 take thos ove to the rosin club i think lol. They know everything about pressing am dabbing over there lol. But yea man hows the fam doin threw this virus shit u guys makn it threw hope all is gud on ur end bro an the garden looks fantastic congrays. Im actually guna take a few black cherry and bubba island kush clones 2day and make the flip on them some time over this nex week lmao.

Oh yea heres the new toy if u didnt already guess it lol.

Oh plus i got a new drying rack as well so thats cool 2 but yea man ur garden size makes me envious lol nice job bro.

Dam dude love wen I hear from ya fam that nug crusher looks amazing brother I want to see some magic lol lol yeah man all safe over here hope ur fam is doin better bro even grandpa thanks garden Ben turn key basically critical purple kush is my fave love that shyt here today’s pic
11AC0EEE-1D9D-40C2-8CB2-0F649C6CA28F.jpeg
7326FB37-BB09-4322-A964-2BF12A9D1EC3.jpeg

Mixed up a new res for the dutch girls and dropped some rhino skin in there at 5ml/gal. The pH didn’t even flinch. So that parts good. 0-0-0.4 on the npk, which is also good.

Little bit of pH creep since I mixed it up. However, I'm 99.387% confident that it was because just under half of the water was tap, not RO. It didn't drift much, 5.6 where I set it to 5.9 and wobbling on occasion to 6.0 when I gave it just a tick of pH down. It was still in the range, obviously, but I figured I better get it closer to where I set it before the next time it cycled the feed. Reset to 5.7, and I'll poke my head in there and check it out after bit.

I also moved my Blue Lab Guardian rig from the RDWC res to this one yesterday. RDWC is about done, so I figured as good of a time as any. The pH in there is pretty stable, maybe dropping 1/10th every few days (as expected in flower) and I'll probably chop the blue dream this weekend anyway. Just going to ride her out with what's in the res and add Z7 as needed.

Little bit of pH creep since I mixed it up. However, I'm 99.387% confident that it was because just under half of the water was tap, not RO. It didn't drift much, 5.6 where I set it to 5.9 and wobbling on occasion to 6.0 when I gave it just a tick of pH down. It was still in the range, obviously, but I figured I better get it closer to where I set it before the next time it cycled the feed. Reset to 5.7, and I'll poke my head in there and check it out after bit.

I also moved my Blue Lab Guardian rig from the RDWC res to this one yesterday. RDWC is about done, so I figured as good of a time as any. The pH in there is pretty stable, maybe dropping 1/10th every few days (as expected in flower) and I'll probably chop the blue dream this weekend anyway. Just going to ride her out with what's in the res and add Z7 as needed.
Hells yeah brother man I’ll stay tuned on ur success prob do the switch even if it hurts the pocket a bit

It creeped back up to 6.0 again. But that’s the tap water. Isn’t going over that, so that’s good. Not that 6 is bad, but don’t want to swing the pH a bunch.

It creeped back up to 6.0 again. But that’s the tap water. Isn’t going over that, so that’s good. Not that 6 is bad, but don’t want to swing the pH a bunch.
Dude that’s solid with tap I use tap for now

It's alright. Something in the tap fights it back up for a few days. It’s great to mix in during flower when the res wants to naturally go down though.

Back
Top Bottom