Jack's Land Of The RDWC Autos!

You could even wait until you get some cure on it too.

I've had to do that with a couple plants. In theory, the leaves are crispy at about an 11% moisture content in the bud. Get below 10% to like 9% or lower, buh bye cure.

So I've taken a few precautions and just gave in on it for those. Easier to have to trim after a cure than it is to blow it all together.

So this IHG girl I did a hand trim on. She's dry and buttoned up, and the RH is reading 58% on the jars. She went quick the last 8 hours or so, but she'll be fine. No thing. Boveda's in the jar, and all will play out alright.

Anyway, I have a few jarred up (or bucketed up, if you want to split hairs) that have to see a pair of scissors at some point, but they aren't terrible by any stretch. When I need a bud or two, I just pick em off. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I do have a moisture meter showing up tomorrow, so that will help I think. And well, if not, that's ok too.

I never get in that big of a hurry. Lol

I’ve had a time or two where I was about out the door and thought I should grab a bud of this or that. In general, nah.

Since I broke my hand she had no choice lol

Oh shit i didnt know u broke ur hand. How did tht happen? Well good thing u got the misses there to help otherwise u wuda really been screwd.

I like dry trimming, I find it’s not as hard on the body.

Oh shit yea thats the way i like doing it too. But i actually have to do it that way around here cuz its so dry. So i jus cut the big fans off wen i take her down then jus cut branches off n put them in paper bags to sit an slowly dry off for the next 9 to 12 days an i jus take the leaves off as they dry off an it works out pretty good. An usualy by the time they r done drying all the leaves usually r off an so i can jus jar em up. But every now am then one will have leaves tht jus wont dry up fast enuf so then i end up having to do alil trimming but still its not as bad as full on wet trimming tht shit sux lol.

You could even wait until you get some cure on it too.

Yea like multivortex was saying thts what im meaning wen i get one tht jus dnt wana dry up fast emuf so i do tht lol. Jus dnt cure with to many leaves or make sure to get them out fairly quickly otherwise tht cud ruin the cure as well.

I've had to do that with a couple plants. In theory, the leaves are crispy at about an 11% moisture content in the bud. Get below 10% to like 9% or lower, buh bye cure.

So I've taken a few precautions and just gave in on it for those. Easier to have to trim after a cure than it is to blow it all together.

So this IHG girl I did a hand trim on. She's dry and buttoned up, and the RH is reading 58% on the jars. She went quick the last 8 hours or so, but she'll be fine. No thing. Boveda's in the jar, and all will play out alright.

Anyway, I have a few jarred up (or bucketed up, if you want to split hairs) that have to see a pair of scissors at some point, but they aren't terrible by any stretch. When I need a bud or two, I just pick em off. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I do have a moisture meter showing up tomorrow, so that will help I think. And well, if not, that's ok too.

Hmm ive never done the bucket method i think ill have to try tht out now im getting bigger harvests startn to come in. Having a thousand jars all over jus isnt the greatest when u have a shot ton of dogs lol. I had a giant jar shatter yesterday on me wen the dogs barreled threw the house an knocked them over n sent the one flying an well wen it landed game over lol.

Blaze, it ain’t no thing in a larger container.

I have quart jars, gallon jars, 1.5 or 2 gal, 3.5gal, and 5gal buckets.

Your container should be sealed TIGHT. No air in/out at all. For buckets, use gamma seal lids. Do not accept any imitations or you'll regret it.

From there, it’s easy. You add 2 inline, airline check valves. One at the top should allow air out, one at bottom to let air in.

One at top is fine with nothing else on it.

One at the bottom you take a 18in piece of air line, tie off one end. Poke tiny holes in it, and coil it around the bottom.

Add a remotely monitored hygrometer inside the bucket. I hang mine from the stem of the top valve.

Hook an airline from an air pump onto the outside. Put the air pump on a timer. Start off running 2 cycles for 3 min per day. If the humidity is too high constantly, bump the cycle to 5 min and keep an eye on it and adjust as needed. You’re replicating the burping of a jar here, so you inow the general guidelines.

This video is where I finalized my setup idea. I found it when I went searching after thinking of the same thing and wondering who else has done it. Of course, it’s Derek Gilman. Bonus!

If I’m ever fortunate enough to meet that man, I’ll buy him all the beer he can drink. Learned a ton from him.

Lol yea i hate doing tht part to. Im seriously thinking about investing in a auto trimer lol. I jus no they wont do as gud a job as me tho thts the main reason i dnt wana drop the lot of cash it will cost lol. But yea jacks lucky he got u to help him.
I think with a trimmer it would take more off than necessary. I like doing it don’t get me wrong but them scissors leave a bruise after a couple hours lol. I’d rather hand trim tho.

I ALWAYS help you:rolleyes::D

Sure, but now he has an excuse. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think with a trimmer it would take more off than necessary.

Some absolutely will. Others, and they improve every month it seems, don't. In the middle, some need adjustments for personal preference. They aren't all the butcher-style that used to be around, although some still are or can be if misused or configured incorrectly. ;)

Im
Sure, but now he has an excuse. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Some absolutely will. Others, and they improve every month it seems, don't. In the middle, some need adjustments for personal preference. They aren't all the butcher-style that used to be around, although some still are or can be if misused or configured incorrectly. ;)
Ima watch closely on the one ur getting n see how it goes i definitely kno you will figure it out to the teeth n right it’s a great excuse to needing some help ha

Back
Top Bottom