JD Lighting Multi Strain Tent Grow

I think there color will come back without having to transplant. I have had my plants turn real yellow on me before too. I was using tap water and as soon as I switched to store bought 6.5 Ph'd water with no nutes they came back after a couple of weeks. With the flush you did and a little time the yellow should go away soon enough.:rollit::peace:

Thanks for that Louis, its quite comforting hearing that from you. I measured the pH of my run off and it was a little low, i think im going to get some LIME to try and bring up the pH in the soil just a bit.

And i will continue to water with just plain pH'd water.

Im hoping i dont have to transplant again either, its a pain in the ass and id have to buy more soil.

We were giving them 48+ hours in between watering when we had our gnat problem which is why i think they still looked nuted burned because we never actually really flushed them until Monday, since we were trying to correct our fungus gnat problem (Which im almost scared to say is under control).

Thank you Stoned4daze61, the more people that are subbed to my journal the more they, and I can learn!

Mini Update

My Sentinel Co2 Regulator come into today along with my 1000w PlantMax HPS Lamp. JD Lighting Ballast will be up and running by the end of the week!

P03-21-12_12-08.jpg

Im in the process of moving everything around in the grow room.

The plants are still currently in the 4x4 veg tent under florescent lights, with almost no air flow (Just a fan inside the tent).

My Plan is to have all 13 plants in the new 5x5 tent, along with the 400w Revolt Ballast and the 1000w JD Lighting Ballast.

Also i intend on Mounting the EVC-2 Controller some where in the tent.

And hanging the Co2 tubing over head, so it can be connected to the regulator that will be connected to the tank outside the tent.

Ok so i just sent my payment for a Control Wizard Products 24/7 PPM/pH/Temperature monitor. should be here next week, its going to be convenient to have , i will just have it mounted on the wall near all the reservoirs and just change the dip sticks from reservoir to reservoir when i need a reading. Going to be cool i never had a digital meter like this.

During the past week or so i have been experimenting with different things for an aerocloner, i pretty much ended up with the same thing i had, just made some minor adjustments so everything is nice and easy to use, clean, and empty. The only thing i wish i could do was put a drain on it but i am afraid of trusting rubbermaid totes when it comes to holding that much water when it has a hole in it, the plastic bends alot especially when there is alot of water in it, makes the tote bow out and allows leaks, even with a grommet and barbed fittings i just dont trust it. oh the cloner has 35 sites now, with 9 - 360* sprayers and a 396gph pump with an on/off valve.

Now i am planning on buying an Igloo half keg cooler. Its like 27gal round cooler with a threaded drain plug that accepts standard garden hoses. I am currently brainstorming on how i will set up an automatic drip line from that resivior. once i actually get the cooler ill be able to put my brainstorming to work.

Oh i almost forgot i bought a chest freezer for 30$ it has a thermostat so it can be set to just refrigerate too. will be keeping my nutrient reservoir in there to keep it cool during the summer!

hmmm fungus gnats, low soil ph, 1000 watt hps, Am I back at my grow!? your plants look good man. I like your idea to keep res cool + reps!

haha im almost scared to ask how it went... Things are at a medium panic right now, i still have hope for the plants just need to give them a good Controlled environment.

ya the chest freezer for a res cooler is a good idea, not to mention the Nutrient Reservoirs are 5gal Sports water coolers so they stay super cold even if they get left out for a day.

They sell 7 cu.ft chest freezers at wlmart for 175$ i know thats pricey but its cheaper than any water chiller.

Ok mini update

The new Tent is almost all set up, just have to finish running the ventilation and wires, then move the plants in. Will be doing that tomorrow hopefully i remember to take pics.

The plants are looking alot better, most of the yellow nute burned leaves just shriveled up and died, all the new growth is a nice green color!

The Lucy and A-train seedlings are starting to revile there traits already. I have been looking at pictures of the lucy strain and it seems to be very indica dominate. One of the seedling has fat round leaves which leads me to believe that is my lucy baby.

Also read up on the A-Train Strain (Hey i can rhyme!) From what i gather, its a lanky plant that needs support almost right away. And the other seedling is very top heavy, not stretching because its just as close to the lights as the other seedlings and i had to put a chop stick behind it to keep it propped up.

Hopefully tomorrow you will be seeing pictures of my whole new set up, with the cool tubes and JD Ballast! Going to start my Co2 tomorrow as well if all goes as planned

well im really pissed off right now i have some more friends living with my plants, more directly in the soil.

tiny tiny spider looking reddish almost transparent crawling around the soil, tons of them, in all 9 PPP Pots.

This grow is starting to worry me , first fungus gnats, now this? what i am i not doing right? do i need to wear a hazmat suit when handling my plants so no pest can be transfer-ed from me to the plants.

Oh another thought i had was the stupid dog could be bringing them in from outside on the fur and when it gets in the way of me doing my caring to the plants its probably letting a bunch of them get on the plants.

I dunno maybe thats a half baked thought but it seems plausible.

sorry i have to vent, was livid when i saw them, you cant see them until you concentrate on the soil and look at it for a good minute and then you see one, then you see 2, then you see like 20 of them, its just really annoying.

And i feel like a big reason why my plants were discolored was from the pest.

Either way we hit them with a medium strength Azamax soil drench . Going to repeat it once a week for 4 weeks.

If that doesn't take care of the problem but the plants are still alive, then were just going to strip them all for clones and start our 2L hempy early.

Im soooooooooooo done with soil, way to many little problems like this that should just not be happening, Ill pay 350$ for a res chiller and run hydro, or just keep going with the 2L hempy if i find i like it, Which i think i will.

Well we are still trying to get everything ready in the new tent before we move them in there, we need to redirect the circuit to another outlet, also need to vent the outtake , outside of the house. Going to have to crawl up in the bat infested attic.

On our first grow our first pest problem was bats LMFAO!
we didnt have a screen or anything on our outtake vent and the bats were pushing past the inline booster fans and getting inside and breaking our stems. So rediclous. My buddy joked and said well at least you know where to get guano. Haha what a butt head.

So i figure by monday or tuesday ill be showing you guys a whole new grow pretty much. Were moving all 13 plants from the used 4x4 tent to the brand new 5x5 light house hydro tent with the 2 - 6'' cool tubes runnin the 1000w JD Lighting Ballast as well with a 400w Revolt (Gotham Products) ballast. Both bulbs are PlantMax Brand. running a 8'' Inline Duct Fan (on a variable speed controller) to pull cool A/C Air over the bulbs and exhaust through the roof vent.

Then a 6'' Inline Duct Fan with Carbon Filter for an outtake.

Running a 20lb Co2 Tank with Sentinel 120v Regulator.

The 6'' Inline fan and the Co2 Regulator will be controlled by my Sentinel EVC-2 which will be inside the tent so the photocell will know when the lights are off (The photo cell is mounted on the unit, not on a remote which if you ask me is completely retarded)

Sorry i had to get all that out. I sincerely appreciate if you take the time to read the whole post and respond in any way.

Also i am thinking about doing this a little more frequently if its ok with you guys and the staff.

This is a cool song from the first album/cassette i ever bought. when i was just 5 years old. Listening to it 18 years later brings me back, sooo cool, wanted to share it with yall, its a jam band/ alternative rock, very unique.

The Presidents of the USA - Naked and Famous - YouTube

First off I love my dog but she's not allowed in my grow room. I hope you can get them all with just a soil drench. mites dont always stick to soil they crawl up stalks and get on the leaves and buds.I have heard tangle foot is good for keeping them down in the soil and sticky traps. I would also bleach everything after your harvest. my grow partner had gotten mites on a grow in the past and I made sure we hit everything hard with some strong bleach water. I dont think mites discriminate against soil/soiless/hydro! you should check out Docbuds grow journal sometime he is trying a new method of growing that mineralizes the soil and that increases the brix/sugar levels and the bugs cant digest high levels of sugar. kinda cool and his bud development is crazy fast. his leaves look all shiny like they have been waxed. sorry to ramble I hate to hear your having problems we will look back on all this one day and apreciate the hard lessons learned! good luck!:peace:

plants are slowly becoming infested by this tiny white mites crawling around my soil, and on my leaves.

I see alot of them too.

I sprayed with the Neem Oil Today, and gave them a good drink of water.

They are due for another azamax soil drench in a few days, ill continue to spray with the neem oil every other day.

Im expecting the worst though and say pretty much the whole grow is going to be junk.

If the plants start showing signs of weakness because of the bugs with in the next month, then i will start stripping them for clones and put them in quarantine to make sure they have no pest then start my hempy.

Hopefully i got some pics up tomarroww

I hate gnats!!I've been spraying my top soil with pepper spray to keep them out.

Dawn soap helps too.Just wet the first two inches, but I'm seeing pepper spray works best, for me.

well its not just the gnats, its little tiny white spider mite lookin things crawling around the soil, and i see a few flying pest as well which lead me to believe fungus gnats are back, or some other sort of winged pest. I paid $30 for the bottle of azamax so i am going to continue to use it. i was going to use it every 7 days but i may do it every 5 days

ya the instructions on the azamax are a little confusing, it gives you like 3 differnt concentrations to mix up. And it tells you in table spoons not ML and the bottle has the mesurmant in ML.

The instructions said once every 5-7 days i dont want to over do it with the azamax so im going to stick to that schedule

I suggest NOT following that schedule, I have used it every 3 days with no ill effects to the plants at all. I was told by my hydro store to do it at 3 days and it would not cause a issue and they were correct.

Google is a wunnerful thing for changing over from ml to ounces and vice versa.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom