Aaaand they're officially taller than the fence :yummy:

IMG_20200721_194509_466.jpg
20200721_170203.jpg

Your plants look great.
Are you concerned about them growing above your fence ?
Do you know about super cropping ?
I have a similar situation .✌
F80192F4-89A3-4FBB-8AC4-4E6279B96F08.png

Whoa! That looks cool!

Yeah, I kind of am. There's quite a few of our neighbors that are growing in their backyards, but no ones is anywhere close to these girls in size. I was thinking of tying them down again. I did it moderate-to-lightly in the beginning which helped them bush out huge.

From what I read, super cropping is HST, where you essentially bend or almost break the branch, but carefully as to not damage the actual skin. I tried it on a few branches, broke the skin on one (bandaged it up), and gave up lol. I was a little nervous I was going to kill the plant (I didn't, and the branch is perfectly fine and healthy).

May I ask what your white bendy-support bones are?

Whoa! That looks cool!

Yeah, I kind of am. There's quite a few of our neighbors that are growing in their backyards, but no ones is anywhere close to these girls in size. I was thinking of tying them down again. I did it moderate-to-lightly in the beginning which helped them bush out huge.

From what I read, super cropping is HST, where you essentially bend or almost break the branch, but carefully as to not damage the actual skin. I tried it on a few branches, broke the skin on one (bandaged it up), and gave up lol. I was a little nervous I was going to kill the plant (I didn't, and the branch is perfectly fine and healthy).

1 1/2” PVC water pipe. Makes a great trellis for my climbing beans & cucumbers.
4B954BF5-CF71-4BEA-BF55-C689CEE2BA51.png

Whoa! That looks cool!

@InTheShed for a great tutorial on super cropping.
Best way to control the height .
You will not harm her ✌️

Thanks for the shout SrM! Here is the link:
@InTheShed for a great tutorial on super cropping.
Best way to control the height .
You will not harm her ✌

Amazing! I know what I'm doing this morning :reading420magazine:
Grateful for all the help and info :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom