The indoors plants look great Joe, but the outdoor is really getting the problems of constant humidity, I guess there is no way to have a blower aimed at them, too much hassle, need a car battery or something, then there's the rain to contend with.

The indoors plants look great Joe, but the outdoor is really getting the problems of constant humidity, I guess there is no way to have a blower aimed at them, too much hassle, need a car battery or something, then there's the rain to contend with.
That's a great idea. It would help with airflow but the constant rain wouldn't be ideal for electrical bits and pieces. Best I can do is try to help them limp to the finish line. At least I have the tent to fall back on.

I've given up and chopped the outdoor girls. The budrot was out of control. I'll dry what's left and probably make some oil, as long as the mold doesn't come back while it's drying. I've got lots of immature weed to smoke, some of it's not too bad, just weak and racy. Better than nothing.

IMG20220331132453.jpg

IMG20220331132441.jpg

IMG20220331132419.jpg

IMG20220331132357.jpg

IMG20220331132339.jpg

Bummer about the rot, but great the tent girl is looking on track. You know, I just thought of something that you could maybe have done, too late now, but next time maybe. My thinking may be out there, but when growing in a lot of rain there is a lot of humidity, especially at ground level.

I often rack my brains thinking how can I do better with stealth growing. I recall seeing where a guy had several large potted plants on his property, he was dobbed in, but when the cops came they couldn't find anything and he ended up confessing, all his plants were growing in pots under his trees where they'd looked, except not on the ground level, he had them suspended in the air and would lower them down every time he wanted to water them, then pull them up again where they wouldn't noticed by prying eyes. I have thought about doing this too, but in my circumstances I don't really have suitable trees that are free of the view of the neighbour's, you may have some suitable trees to sling a rope over and pull your plants higher up out of the humidity zone? Just a thought.
:smokin:

Bummer about the rot, but great the tent girl is looking on track. You know, I just thought of something that you could maybe have done, too late now, but next time maybe. My thinking may be out there, but when growing in a lot of rain there is a lot of humidity, especially at ground level.

I often rack my brains thinking how can I do better with stealth growing. I recall seeing where a guy had several large potted plants on his property, he was dobbed in, but when the cops came they couldn't find anything and he ended up confessing, all his plants were growing in pots under his trees where they'd looked, except not on the ground level, he had them suspended in the air and would lower them down every time he wanted to water them, then pull them up again where they wouldn't noticed by prying eyes. I have thought about doing this too, but in my circumstances I don't really have suitable trees that are free of the view of the neighbour's, you may have some suitable trees to sling a rope over and pull your plants higher up out of the humidity zone? Just a thought.
:smokin:
That's definitely an 'out there' idea. It makes sense to get the girls out of the humidity zone.
I have heard stories about people growing plants in trees.
Unfortunately if I lifted the plant up the tree the whole neighborhood would see it when the trees leaves fall :thedoubletake:
I'd like to try growing auto flowering plants outside next year, to get them finished before the shit weather starts. Have to get auto seeds first.

Hey there 420,
The budrot really hammered my outdoor plants, this will be the last pictures of the rotten buds since I threw the rest out. I managed to save a few ounces of early immature weed. So now I'm back to concentrating on growing in the tent.

IMG20220401181049.jpg

IMG20220401181041.jpg

IMG20220401181039_BURST001_COVER.jpg

IMG20220401181027.jpg

IMG20220401181017.jpg

That's a total bummer Joe, I am glad that your tent girl is looking much better.
Thanks stunger,
Yeah it's a bummer alright, we worked out that all up I lost close to a pound. Totally gutted.

It’s just heartbreaking.

I used to whinge about how much old mate charged for an oz, but now I see how much blood, sweat and tears we put in to try and produce top shelf bud, I get it.

It’s just heartbreaking.

I used to whinge about how much old mate charged for an oz, but now I see how much blood, sweat and tears we put in to try and produce top shelf bud, I get it.
You got that right, it's harder than you think.
I figure if I can get good enough growing it, I'll never have to buy overpriced mediocre weed again.
I'm still better off than I was. Got weed, got nice soil, got a nice light. The potential is there. It can only get better.
It looks like I found someone to get quality seeds for me so I'm excited for the future.
:thumb:

You got that right, it's harder than you think.
I figure if I can get good enough growing it, I'll never have to buy overpriced mediocre weed again.
I'm still better off than I was. Got weed, got nice soil, got a nice light. The potential is there. It can only get better.
It looks like I found someone to get quality seeds for me so I'm excited for the future.
:thumb:
I am so glad I don't need to buy it any more. Nowadays there are controversial chemicals like PGRs being used to artificially boost the plant. I would be concerned about the health effects are from smoking commercial weed if you don't know the pedigree of it. That is crap for the consumer.

I am so glad I don't need to buy it any more. Nowadays there are controversial chemicals like PGRs being used to artificially boost the plant. I would be concerned about the health effects are from smoking commercial weed if you don't know the pedigree of it. That is crap for the consumer.
Another good reason to grow your own in a good quality living soil. That way you know what's in it. Completely agree.

This is the soil I'm 'cooking' at the moment.
It's about 50ltrs or 13.5 gallons.
So far I've added about 8ltrs or 2gallons of peat moss, 2 cups of kelp meal and about 5 cups of worm castings. I've wet the soil once in a while, and I have a lid for the container so it doesn't dry out.
I plan to add frass meal, mussel meal (crustacean), alfalfa meal, bio-char, etc, etc.
I can also get a premixed blend of amendments with npk 4-4-4 that has a lot of good stuff in it from herbi NZ.
Still deciding if I should make my own soil mix or use the premixed amendments.

I made a short video clip where you can see the soil structure better but I can't figure out how to get it on here.

IMG20220402135342.jpg

IMG20220402135327.jpg

As I've been going through the buds (checking for mold), I've found around 15 seeds. They look mature and they came from the main stalk area, so I assume they are.
I labeled them because I like the flavor and I might grow it again one day.
I wonder if they would be female?

IMG20220402184441.jpg

IMG20220402184417.jpg

IMG20220402152314.jpg

Back
Top Bottom