So I went a little overboard at the grow shop yesterday.
I got 2 more 25 ltr bags of top quality soil, 6 kg each of the veg and bloom amendments, 1 kg of epsom salts, 10 kg of worm castings, 1 kg of dolomite lime, 10 kg of pumice and a bottle of super thrive. Now I've got plenty of stuff to add to my soil mixes.

I'm not happy with the health of this girl, growth is ok, but the cal-mag isn't really helping like I thought it was. The leaves aren't as green as I would like.
I will foliar spray with epsom salts tonight and see if that helps. I want to see what works so I'm only trying one thing at a time.

In other news, I'm waiting for some seeds from the wonderful Trala. That's what the new soil is for.

In more other news, I was gifted 3 zkittlez seeds from a New Zealand breeder. I'll grow Trala's first, since we know they come from proven genetics, then I'll grow the NZ zkittlez for a comparison.

In even more other news, I ended up in hospital last night with a suspected blood clot, scary af. After blood tests, ECG, x-ray, CT scan etc, (all free in NZ) it turns out I have another kidney stone. Damn. At least I'm not dying... yet.

IMG20220506115535.jpg

IMG20220506012742_BURST001_COVER.jpg

Hey Joe, glad you're ok and hopefully the kidney stone can be passed. Looking forward to your zkittlez grow.
Hey Stunger, thanks,
I should be able to pass it, it's only a small one. It's the big ones that aren't much fun.

I hope I can make Trala proud.

I foliar sprayed last night with epsom salts and the main fan leaves are still looking the same. The new shoots are greener, but now they're twisted. I don't think she likes it. Argh!
Hopefully she'll bounce back.
Since I've already grown this strain before and it's not the greatest (it's just bagseed), I've decided if she doesn't get her shit together soon, I'll start again with the new seeds.

IMG20220507075418.jpg

Look at you going all corporate!

I remember not so long ago you used tie your girls up and throw them in the boot!

Looking Mickey Mouse brew.
Corporate? Is that something to do with the army? I'm a lover not a fighter.

The girl in the tent is about to go that way if she doesn't sort her shit out. :rofl:

If I lived in Canada, would it be Mickey Moose instead?

Corporate? Is that something to do with the army? I'm a lover not a fighter.

The girl in the tent is about to go that way if she doesn't sort her shit out. :rofl:

If I lived in Canada, would it be Mickey Moose instead?
Big business.

White collar.

And yes, it would be. And in the UK as well, just coz they can’t talk proper like us.

Big business.

White collar.

And yes, it would be. And in the UK as well, just coz they can’t talk proper like us.
Yeah I'm definitely busy all the time now.

I only wear black collars. Makes me look thinner.

I know right? The poms can't talk proper England. No'ot I mean, innit.

Today I finished mixing my self made soil mix by adding more worm castings (2 gallons, 8 ltrs), pumice (2 gallons) and dolomite lime (1cup).
I'll let that cook for a few months now.
I thought I had photos of that process but I can't find them now :smokin:

Here's the ingredients and process I used to make up 10 gallons (38 ltrs).

25 ltr bag of store bought 'organic living soil' made in NZ, specifically geared towards cannabis.

6 ltrs worm castings, fresh.

6 ltrs NZ pumice stone.

Quarter cup of frass meal. (Chitin)

Tbsp of rock dust. The rock dust is dark and crumbly.

1.5 cups kelp meal.

2 cups of 4-4-4 dry amendment. The pic below shows what's in it.

In the bottom of the pot I mixed up 50/50 of worm castings and pumice 2in (5cm) deep. Then I filled the pot the rest of the way with the above soil mix.

I moistened the soil with 2ltrs of water, mixed with yucca extract and organic acids. I'll check the moisture level tomorrow.

It should be good to go. I don't think anything I added will be detrimental to the pH level.

IMG_20220507_183314.jpg

IMG20220507160652.jpg

IMG_20220507_183356.jpg

IMG20220507165000.jpg

IMG20220507165314.jpg

IMG_20220507_183344.jpg

I've been foliar spraying with epsom salts at lights out, after the first time and seeing the reaction, I halved the dose. I'm still not happy with her health.
I tucked her fan leaves under the plastic hooks to allow the light in.

IMG20220508151034.jpg

IMG20220508151028.jpg

Looking sad.
I'm thinking about throwing her outside and seeing what happens. Sink or swim.

My light and tent setup is really only suitable for one decent size plant at a time, and this one isn't worth it in my humble opinion.
Some might try to nurse it back to health... but I'm impatient,

I want to grow the zkittlez. :yahoo:

I'll give it a few more days...

IMG20220508221741.jpg

IMG20220508221631.jpg

IMG20220508221626.jpg

After the second night outside, the outcast seems to be doing ok.

I've decided that if Trala's seeds haven't arrived by Friday, I'll start one of the zkittlez. I have 3 seeds but one looks a little bit pale, I'm assuming it's immature and not viable. The other 2 look ok.

IMG20220511111435.jpg

IMG20220511111400.jpg

IMG20220511114805.jpg

IMG20220511114738.jpg

Back
Top Bottom