Joint rolling techniques

VAGUEtrain

well lets put it bluntly (no pun intended) i roll joints way too freaking slow...

dont get me wrong i can roll a nice joint... but it involes rolling the joint than having to stuff the sides... either flap the front (mouthpeice) paper in half to make a bit of a wall.. or pop in a crutch.. anyway i was wondering if we got any master joint rollers who can just roll the doob up and hav it ready to spark in less than 3-5 or so. i dunno! hehe anyway anyone got any tips, would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. id also like to learn how to roll a L paper spliff... (seen the technique back a while ago.. two papers made to look like an L and it spliffs up.. (i beleive thats where the term "L" could have come from? no clue. anyway guys. lets see what you got?? :ganjamon:

-vague

Re: Joint rolling techniques.

I can.

I use a rolling machine. Perfect every time. Put the crutch in for a built -in roach clip.

Peace and happiness:rollit:

I always here people say that it takes them forever to roll a blunt or a joint. The fact is breaking up the weed is the most time consuming part. Thus a grinder will solve this problem. Once rolling begins its a technique once mastered can be applied to everyday life....unlike all that math and such they teach in school nowa'days.

When I roll joints I use a roller now....
When it comes to blunts...Give me already broken up weed, and about 2 seconds.

yeah its all a matter of practice, like anything else. though also like everything else, it matters where you start. it depends on the buds your using, schwag and you might as well forget it, its dry and very difficult to roll when you are first starting out.

you want to grind it up if possible, this just makes it much easier. big chunks of bud that you sometimes get when breaking up by hand, will create spots in which its much harder to roll. Start with a basic paper, like a zig zag or a job. Again I have found a thinner paper harder to roll, so just work up to it.

another thing you need to remember is to even out the bud before you roll it, once its on your paper. if you have a huge lump in the middle then the ends of your joint are always going to be loose. If you want a cone then shape the bud into a cone before you roll it, this is something thats so often overlooked.

keep rolling, im in no way a master, but feel i have rolled over a few hundred joints and once you get the hang of it you will be fine. then take the same skills to blunts, they work the exact same way, in fact i find them even easier as the paper is much thicker and it already wants to go back to a cylindrical shape.

:peace: :joint:

It comes with practice. Buy a pouch of tobacco and some papers and get to it. Roll till you can do it fluidly!
yeah i really need to practice more often, but once harvest comes ill use some herbs rather than tobacco :]

I always here people say that it takes them forever to roll a blunt or a joint. The fact is breaking up the weed is the most time consuming part. Thus a grinder will solve this problem. Once rolling begins its a technique once mastered can be applied to everyday life....unlike all that math and such they teach in school nowa'days.

When I roll joints I use a roller now....
When it comes to blunts...Give me already broken up weed, and about 2 seconds.
i hear ya there grower.. a blunt is in no way difficult. its just that nice fat spliff i want.. and i heard that grinders are awesome and have seen them in person... but i want the unconventional joint.. the fattty :D

yeah its all a matter of practice, like anything else. though also like everything else, it matters where you start. it depends on the buds your using, schwag and you might as well forget it, its dry and very difficult to roll when you are first starting out.

you want to grind it up if possible, this just makes it much easier. big chunks of bud that you sometimes get when breaking up by hand, will create spots in which its much harder to roll. Start with a basic paper, like a zig zag or a job. Again I have found a thinner paper harder to roll, so just work up to it.

another thing you need to remember is to even out the bud before you roll it, once its on your paper. if you have a huge lump in the middle then the ends of your joint are always going to be loose. If you want a cone then shape the bud into a cone before you roll it, this is something thats so often overlooked.

keep rolling, im in no way a master, but feel i have rolled over a few hundred joints and once you get the hang of it you will be fine. then take the same skills to blunts, they work the exact same way, in fact i find them even easier as the paper is much thicker and it already wants to go back to a cylindrical shape.

:peace: :joint:

thanks fish, i do agree the thinner it is the more difficult.. blunts are cake.. joints though are small and when i get my fingers on the paper i feel like a giant haha. im just going to have to practice..

but does anyone out there have and gems or jewels to share with us on rolling?

If you have big hands / fingers / thumbs it will be more difficult. I used to roll joints practically without looking while driving and steering with my knees. Kids, don't you ever try that. I haven't twisted one up in years, though.

hey, i found some good techniques for rolling spliffs;
have your gonja pre-busted to ensure an even burn and cuts down on time
i started with a thicker paper with a good sticky
fill the paper with the right amount of green to little and there is to much exces paper makes it harder to roll and taste crapy
once the weed is in there roll it around a bit pack it down
once its packed roll it up like your rollin a sleeping bag then lick it, roll it over,
give it a second for the glue to cure before you start to show off your bad ass joint.
if it needs it roll it in your fingers to losen it up, so afer you rolled it up light it up and smoke it up.

Piece
BENC

My dad caught me trying to roll a joint one time so he threw down an Oz and a pack of zags. He told me if i wanna smoke with the big dawgs i gotta roll with em too. 1 min flat is my record (grinder to lighter). Practice makes perfect, and smoking it is better than bragging

learner's permit paper suggestions midnight special tobacco packs in between zags and top or bugler in weight and there's 100+ papers in the pack i use two papers to give a slower burn

but like these folks above me here break it up good get it started
in an even roll and lick the glue when there's almost 1/2 inch paper still out with a double
keep pressure on it and keep rolling at least one revolution after the glue sticks this helps keep the ends tight

try the lotech you tube tutorial :: go watch the bums in the park after you give them a pack of tobacco

i roll cones with the paper backward, then lick thru the paper to wet the glue and trim the remainder of the paper, usually none. i roll blunts mostly with lip action to seal the deal. i roll joints from the center out meaning i put pressure towards the center then onward rolling as i put pressure onto going outward w/ my fingers then lick. if u cant understand that then ur not high as i am. i've rolled tulips but they are too time consuming imo but pack the biggest hit/cherry iv ever seen a favorite but i hate rolling them.
My dad caught me trying to roll a joint one time so he threw down an Oz and a pack of zags. Practice makes perfect, and smoking it is better than bragging

basically how i learned to roll like a 70's hippie/roadie/drummer; with one.

I wrote a somewhat embarrassing (IMO) thread about a week ago about using a bamboo sushi roller to help the novice roller learn. You learn pretty quick to crush the weed up, because otherwise the hard edges of the bamboo will force holes through the paper.

First of all

Once rolling begins its a technique once mastered can be applied to everyday life....unlike all that math and such they teach in school nowa'days.

Hilarious.

Okay, down to business.So we're on the same page assume the top of the paper is the edge with the glue and vice versa. You take your paper, if it's not already folded once lengthwise, do that. Now that the paper is folded in half fold the lower half again creating a shelf. Now the paper should look like a really long capital L with a lip. Next you take your filling (preferably cannabis) and put it in the shelf evenly distributing it along the paper. ***Caution: Not for beginners!*** If you're going to use a roach I recommend putting it in now and rolling with it in.

Make the roach "part" of the weed, meaning try to make the roach and weed overlap so there isn't an obvious line where the two meet. If you don't do this, when the joint becomes resiny it bends at that spot because of the weight of the weed and the juicy paper.

Take the paper with one hand taking the long side of the L (paper) with your pointer finger, the thumb grabs the opposite side and the middle finger bent in for support on the bottom. The paper can be grasped wherever you feel comfortable just make sure you can hold the weight of the joint. This includes you pressing the weed down with your other hand. Which brings us to the next step.

Take your hand that you are you using to smoke the previous joint you just rolled and pass that. Nobody likes Bogart. With that hand use your fingers to evenly distribute the weed along the paper remembering to overlap the roach, not the whole roach. I like to press the weed down far enough so that my thumb and index finger are at just the top of the weed line. That way you can just pinch those fingers together and have it held nicely, instead of pinching all the weed and flatting it out. Obviously pinch your thumb and index finger so you can hold it with those fingers alone, should be pinched on the half of the joint closest to that hand. I.E. Using your left hand would be the left side when the joint is facing you.

We're getting closer to the best joint you have ever rolled! Pinch the other half of the joint with your other hand. Move your hand that you were first holding the joint with and move it to where the weed and roach overlap. This is where you start the "roll." Tilt the non roach end up a little bit to prevent material lose, some is okay we can put it back in in a second.

Here is where You, the paper and the cannabis need to become ONE. Talk to each other, see what the other is thinking. Is the paper feeling stressed like he's about to tear? Is the cannabis saying that she isn't evenly distributed and has a tumor growing outta her lower abdomen? The best way to communicate with is through your fingers. With that grip, starting at the roach and left and right thumbs and index fingers touching. Move up and down the joint rolling it as you go. Feel for bumps and uneven spots, fix them as you go.

Once the cannabis is all tight and cozy lick the glue. A dab ill do ya, don't go overboard.
Start folding to lower half around the green. Roll it in a little and move up the joint a little and roll that part of the paper in all the way till you've rolled the whole joint up. The joint should be nice, tight, smooth and straight. If it's not tight as you'd like put the rest of your bud in the open end, push down a tad, pinch it shut then shake to desired tightness. Smoke and enjoy:)

I know it seems like a lot to do but once you've done it a couple times it takes like a minute. And that took way too much of my time. I hope someone can now roll better.

There have been several great posts with most of the tips I would offer. I started with a bag of TOP and a pack of zigzags. I rolled it all up, broke them apart and rolled it again. When I ran out of papers I bought more. When the tobacco got too dry, I tossed it. I don't smoke it.

• Use a grinder
  • Pot that is too wet will compact too easy - be careful.
  • Pot that is too dry will crumble to dust eventually - again, be careful.
  • Keep all fingers and thumbs parallel to the doobie as much as you can.
  • I often finesse the edges while I'm licking them with my tongue.
  • Twist both ends in the direction of the roll, if you twist them at all.
  • Practice.

Here's what I just did:

nice11.JPG

:peace:

Could be a lot quicker with Crutch Cards. Check out these business cards with tear-off crutches. Put them in your wallet and rest assured, it's there when you need it. No hassle involved.

Practice enough and you will be able to roll a joint with 1 hand. Buy a can of cheap tobacco and a few packs of papers.

OR... cheat and use a rolling machine...... boOO000OOoooooo !!

:peace:
WillyB

A roach is super in important and easy to make, just roll a small piece of paper. and then put it in and roll the joint. just make sure its tight. and bake of course ;)

Back
Top Bottom